Illuminati Investments

View Illuminati Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amazon Has High Growth Potential: Determining Intrinsic Value Is Difficult [View article]
    No, I didn't, I was under the impression that they're losing "Mo' and Mo' and Mo' money".
    Aug 26 06:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: It Gets Weirder And Weirder [View article]
    Just to highlight how absurd this $1B purchase price for Twitch is, they could have bought Netflix for only 5 times more if they had followed my advice back in 2012:

Aug 26 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Play Benioff Buzzword Bingo! [View instapost]
    Well, I really, really blew it.

I thought they'd get at least one "really, really great" in there, but apparently the new hot phrase is "very, very excited", which Benioff babble disciple Keith Block said at least three times:

Aug 26 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Why do you think Amazon Prime Video will "add significantly to Amazon's present valuation," when they give it away as a loss leader so they can subsidize shipping for people they hope will buy more low margin stuff?
    Aug 26 05:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SolarCity: A Perfectly Timed Downgrade [View article]
    Bill, what's with all the short squeeze articles about overvalued story stocks like this and DDD? Just because short interest is high doesn't mean the shorts, analysts, and insiders that are selling are all wrong.

You want one with decent fundamentals that might actually happen, what about SODA with a 40% short interest and a pop every time we get even a rumor of a buyout, so can you imagine what will happen if we ever get the real thing?
    Aug 21 03:24 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett Hates Bonds, Loves Cash [View article]
    That's what people said back in 1999-2000 when Buffett was underperforming the market and BRK was down 40%. But then again, this time is probably different.
    Aug 21 01:19 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Stock Market Is Starting To Price In The Next Housing Downturn [View article]
    "I have been advising people who are looking to short the homebuilders to wait for the extreme oversold condition of the homebuilders to disappear before establishing short positions."

Where, here?

Or here?

Maybe here?

Here?

Perhaps this one says to wait before shorting?

Nope, pretty much coincided with the most recent bottom even though it stated "Shorting homebuilders right now is like shooting fish in a barrel."
    Aug 20 11:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • June Pending Home Sales Index: A Bearish Report Sends Homebuilder Stocks Lower [View article]
    Up 10% since you called the bottom. Easy Peasy.

Almost back to the most recent high, want to make that bet now since it's so obvious the housing starts number was manipulated, right?
    Aug 20 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My MDC hasn't done much, but I've been receiving and reinvesting dividends while I wait for the homebuilders to finally benefit from the housing recovery and stabilization.

Also, if I bought into Dave's housing bubble 2.0 thesis I would have missed out on 5 fabulous investment properties and be enjoying paying rising rents now rather than receiving them.
    Aug 20 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Best Prospects Among The Drillers And A 'Buy' [View article]
    Sure, SDRL return has been fantastic, that's the power of leverage. Of course, past returns are no indication of future blah blah, etc.

Anyway, I'd like to see a comparison of earnings growth over the same time period, I'd suspect ATW compares more favorably. Of course, nothing wrong with owning both, either.
    Aug 20 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Outerwall, Inc: An Attractive Out Of Favor Business [View article]
    No problem, good for you. Didn't mean to discourage you, just wanted to make sure you thought it through, which it sounds like you have, so good luck!
    Aug 20 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Roundy's Could Turn Around Soon [View article]
    Thanks for not making fun of me like most people, glad you appreciate the honesty.
    Aug 20 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Thing Is Odd [View article]
    First analyst to come out with a research report saying Amazon is going to create a utopia gets the underwriting business, like we saw with Tesla.
    Aug 20 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Takeaways From Silver Wheaton's Earnings Report [View article]
    I agree that SLW, rather than the leveraged play most people seem to think of it as, is more of a hedged way to play silver since they have low fixed costs and can also grow production.

Rather than trying to get all fancy with valuations related to earnings, book value, or cash flow, I think of a share compared to the price of an ounce of silver. If I buy an ounce of silver it has to go up in price and then I have to sell it to make money.

Whereas if I buy a share of SLW, they will buy and sell over an ounce of silver at a profit on my behalf over the next decade, plus I get to keep the shares and collect a dividend for my troubles.
    Aug 19 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Important Article I Could Ever Write On Dividend Growth [View article]
    Just check the box at the very top of the comments section.
    Aug 19 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment