Illuminati Investments

View Illuminati Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
AAL, AAPL, ABX, ACTS, AFL, AGNC, AHL, AMAVF, AMD, AMZN, ANGI, ANY, ARCW, ARMH, ARR, ATW, AUQ, AWLCF, AWRE, AXAS, AYSI, AZC, AZN, BA, BABA, BAGL, BBRY, BBY, BDCV, BH, BJRI, BPY, BREW, BRK.A, BRK.B, BTF, BWLD, BZH, CAG, CAT, CDYCF, CHGG, CHK, CIM, CJES, CLDT, CLF, CMG, CMT, CNEP, COH, COIN, CONN, COP, COST, COT, COUP, CRM, CRUS, CSCO, CSD, CSG, CVS, CXS, CZZ, DDD, DE, DEER, DEO, DIA, DLB, DLR, DNR, DPS, DRI, DSWL, DXM, DXR, EBAY, ECOM, EMC, EPR, EPU, ERJ, ESRT, EXL, F, FB, FCX, FEYE, FOF, FRFHF, FRSH, FRT, FXA, GAGA, GCI, GDXJ, GE, GENC, GEOS, GILD, GLD, GLMFF, GLUU, GLW, GM, GMCR, GNI, GOOG, GORO, GPRO, GRMN, GS, GSVC, HBM, HCHC, HD, HDNG, HERO, HL, HLF, HPQ, HRBN, HRG, HTS, IAU, IBM, IMMR, INTC, INVN, IPO, IRG, ISNS, ITI, IYR, JACK, JCP, JOE, JPM, KBH, KNDI, KO, KORS, KTCC, LF, LINE, LIWA, LMT, LNKD, LNN, LOCO, LULU, MCD, MCP, MDC, MDLZ, MFA, MFRM, MGM, MMM, MON, MONT, MORL, MPEL, MSFT, MSLP, MUX, NC, NFLX, NILE, NIOBF, NKE, NLY, NQ, NRF, O, OMEX, ONVO, ORCL, OREX, OSTK, OUTR, PANL, PANW, PBI, PCL, PEB, PERY, PHM, PHMD, PNNT, PNRA, PPP, PTGI, PUGE, QQQ, QUMU, RAMPF, RDC, REE, REM, REMX, RFI, RGLD, RIG, RIOM, RNDY, ROIC, ROST, RRD, S, SALE, SAND, SBUX, SBY, SCTY, SDRL, SDY, SINA, SIR, SKUL, SLV, SLW, SO, SODA, SPB, SPE, SPLK, SPLS, SPLV, SPY, STTYF, SVM, SVVC, SVXY, SWC, SWHC, SWK, SWY, TC, TEVA, TFM, TGT, TJX, TLT, TPH, TPX, TRER, TRIDQ, TRNX, TSLA, TST, TSTC, TWTR, TXLZF, UA, UCP, URBN, USO, VALE, VCV, VDIGX, VEEV, VGR, VGZ, VIG, VLTC, VMEM, VMI, VMW, VNQ, VSLR, VXX, VZ, WDAY, WDFC, WEC, WEN, WM, WMC, WMT, XIN, XIV, XOOM, XRTX, YELP, YHOO, YONG, ZINC, ZIPR, ZIV, ZNGA
  • Chevron Through The Lens Of Peter Lynch [View article]
    Nice comment, but are you sure cash flow will cover the dividend this year?

FCF has been negative the past 2 years because of high CapEx, and while they're ratcheting that down during the downturn, I would still expect FCF to be even worse this year, as it has been through the first half.
    Sep 2, 2015. 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    I usually give mine back to the market when I actually start thinking I'm a genius, so I guess I better sell some and put it in the lucky pile.
    Sep 2, 2015. 06:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Actually, Consumer Reports Just Reiterated The Bear Case [View article]
    Fair enough, good job on the predictions for 2015. I'm actually even lower on the Model X predictions than you, but still think your projections for the Model S are laughably low for next year.

Just like you're criticizing the bulls for extrapolating past results out forever, you're extrapolating a tiny decline in Model S demand into a plunge in orders when I think the overall trend is still up.

To make it interesting, I will bet you anything you want that they will still deliver way more Model S's than Model X's next year.
    Sep 2, 2015. 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    Thanks, wow, hadn't even noticed that late rally into the close, I'm a genius!

Obviously time will tell, we'll see if we can keep it up or if the Fed says something that cuts it in half on Friday.
    Sep 2, 2015. 06:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The #1 Stock In The World [View article]
    Yup, thanks to you guys I decided by the time I waited for contango to return it would be too late, so I got into XIV at 22.5 yesterday (yeah, I know, questionable belated message board timing claims).
    Sep 2, 2015. 05:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    C'mon, cparm, how in the heck can you say the Model S is "approaching end of life" when they're still doubling sales every year and it's just been rated the best car of all time?
    Sep 2, 2015. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Things I Like About Netflix And Its Stock Right Now [View article]
    Crickets from bulls on this issue, maybe the fact that BABA is going to offer a competing service for $5-6/month might make them reconsider whether NFLX is going to be able to continue raising their average subscription price?

Sep 2, 2015. 03:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alibaba unveils Netflix-like Chinese service priced at $57/year [View news story]
    Totally agree, have been asking the bulls how they expect to see average subscription prices rise and achieve the 200M subs that is currently being priced in when most of these will have to come from China and India.

p.s. - The P/E is closer to 500 when using this year's expected earnings.
    Sep 2, 2015. 03:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream: Left For Dead [View article]
    Hope so, this thing has been a value trap for years and don't expect their radical turn around plan to change that anytime soon. Can't figure out if the fact that GMCR's Keurig Kold is probably going to flop is good or bad for them.
    Sep 2, 2015. 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Signature Model X Pricing: Why It's Good News For Investors [View article]
    Don't want to turn this into a political debate, but I actually respect Trump as a businessman and a politician, because he's actually willing to take a non-partisan position on some issues.

I mean, c'mon, just like bulls and bears with Tesla, there's no way each party can have completely diametric views and yet be totally right or wrong about everything, the truth is probably somewhere in the "radical middle", as Jon Stewart would say.
    Sep 2, 2015. 02:36 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, I can't believe they actually think the Model S/X split will eventually be 50/50.
    Sep 2, 2015. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rayonier Advanced Materials: High Quality That Never Was; Reviewing A Painful Mistake [View article]
    Alright, and now you've talked me out of it, thanks for the detailed reply.
    Sep 2, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've been thinking of finally jumping in here under $6. Heck, I was considering this around $16, so I figure I'm practically playing with the house's money by having avoided getting sucked into this value trap until now, or do people still really think bankruptcy is a real possibility?
    Sep 2, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare: Quality At A Discount [View article]
    Why are you buying it then if you're only going to turn around and sell it at a (massive, panic inducing, 1%) loss? You don't get the benefit of re-investing the rising dividends at lower prices.

If you're looking for something for a "shorter term acct" I recommend a trading stock like AMZN, NFLX, or TSLA, bigger moves and no pesky dividends to worry about...
    Sep 2, 2015. 01:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Sky Keeps Falling: Are Dividend Growth Investors Buying A Value Trap? [View article]
    "Housing starts have increased so much that they have recaptured the record number of starts since before the Great Recession."

Some comments have already addressed this, but housing starts aren't even close to back near the 2.2M level they peaked at in 2006:

However, I'm still bullish on housing as well, because the last 6 years of historically low housing starts has left us with an undersupply that we are seeing the effect of in price increases as demand continues to come back.
    Sep 2, 2015. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment