Illuminati Investments

View Illuminati Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
AAL, AAPL, ABX, ACTS, AFL, AGNC, AHL, AMAVF, AMD, AMZN, ANGI, ANY, ARCW, ARMH, ARR, ATW, AUQ, AWLCF, AWRE, AXAS, AYSI, AZC, AZN, BA, BABA, BAGL, BBRY, BBY, BDCV, BH, BJRI, BPY, BREW, BRK.A, BRK.B, BTF, BWLD, BZH, CAG, CAT, CDYCF, CHGG, CHK, CIM, CJES, CLDT, CLF, CMG, CMT, CNEP, COH, COIN, CONN, COP, COST, COT, COUP, CRM, CRUS, CSCO, CSD, CSG, CVS, CXS, CZZ, DDD, DE, DEER, DEO, DIA, DLB, DLR, DNR, DPS, DRI, DSWL, DXM, DXR, EBAY, ECOM, EMC, EPR, EPU, ERJ, ESRT, EXL, F, FB, FCX, FEYE, FOF, FRFHF, FRSH, FRT, FXA, GAGA, GCI, GDXJ, GE, GENC, GEOS, GILD, GLD, GLMFF, GLUU, GLW, GM, GMCR, GNI, GOOG, GORO, GPRO, GRMN, GS, GSVC, HBM, HCHC, HD, HDNG, HERO, HL, HLF, HPQ, HRBN, HRG, HTS, IAU, IBM, IMMR, INTC, INVN, IPO, IRG, ISNS, ITI, IYR, JACK, JCP, JOE, JPM, KBH, KNDI, KO, KORS, KTCC, LF, LINE, LIWA, LMT, LNKD, LNN, LOCO, LULU, MCD, MCP, MDC, MDLZ, MFA, MFRM, MGM, MMM, MON, MONT, MORL, MPEL, MSFT, MSLP, MUX, NC, NFLX, NILE, NIOBF, NKE, NLY, NQ, NRF, O, OMEX, ONVO, ORCL, OREX, OSTK, OUTR, PANL, PANW, PBI, PCL, PEB, PERY, PHM, PHMD, PNNT, PNRA, PPP, PTGI, PUGE, QQQ, QUMU, RAMPF, RDC, REE, REM, REMX, RFI, RGLD, RIG, RIOM, RNDY, ROIC, ROST, RRD, S, SALE, SAND, SBUX, SBY, SCTY, SDRL, SDY, SINA, SIR, SKUL, SLV, SLW, SO, SODA, SPB, SPE, SPLK, SPLS, SPLV, SPY, STTYF, SVM, SVVC, SVXY, SWC, SWHC, SWK, SWY, TC, TEVA, TFM, TGT, TJX, TLT, TPH, TPX, TRER, TRIDQ, TRNX, TSLA, TST, TSTC, TWTR, TXLZF, UA, UCP, URBN, USO, VALE, VCV, VDIGX, VEEV, VGR, VGZ, VIG, VLTC, VMEM, VMI, VMW, VNQ, VSLR, VXX, VZ, WDAY, WDFC, WEC, WEN, WM, WMC, WMT, XIN, XIV, XOOM, XRTX, YELP, YHOO, YONG, ZINC, ZIPR, ZIV, ZNGA
  • The Sky Seems To Be Falling. What Now? [View article]
    Volatility is off the charts, making options on these high-flyers even more ridiculously expensive than they already were.

The time to buy insurance is before you need it, not while your house is on fire.
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: $132 Or $76? Pick Your Scenario [View article]
    Maybe Netflix could produce it as original content?

It's almost as good a title as "Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp at the Yellowstone Caldera"
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Smashing rating for the Tesla Model S P85D from Consumer Reports [View news story]
    Wouldn't you rather have a hot brand that is on the rise than a stagnating one with a reputation for questionable quality?

Although I actually agree about the Model X, I think and am hoping that it will be a flop so I can buy shares around $200, which would be a $25B market cap.
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Actually, Consumer Reports Just Reiterated The Bear Case [View article]
    Woah, easy on the bold font there, big guy, that inspires about as much confidence as those people who write in all caps on message boards...

I'm slightly bearish at these prices, but the bears seem to be getting so irrationally bearish over anything that it almost makes me want to be bullish (I would have been under $200 if I had been quick enough to buy the recent dip).
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Time To Buy SVXY Is Now, And Maybe Again Later [View article]
    Was also wondering about that as well, seems like it should be performing better. Can the author or someone else give the all clear when we're back in contango and this thing should start printing money again?
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    C'mon, robin, I'm bearish too at this price but what you're saying is ridiculous. Any major car company would pay at least double that for just the brand Tesla has built in making what is literally (according to CS) the best car ever.

A couple sources I've seen says even Kia has a brand name (only, not market cap) value of over $5-6B.

Aug 27, 2015. 02:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: $132 Or $76? Pick Your Scenario [View article]
    Yeah, I don't really see the "then a miracle occurs" moment where FCF goes from negative to at least half a billion dollars a year. Just for reference, that's about what AMZN has done the past couple years, and they have at least 10x the revenue that NFLX will have by then. You know it's bad when you can use AMZN to make something look overvalued.
    Aug 27, 2015. 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    "If I wanted AAPL at $106 I would have owned AAPL at $106 and wouldn't feel guilty or feel stupid that it dropped to $92."

Well, Chowder, you're stronger emotionally than I am, I bought more at what I considered to be a screaming value of $108 on Friday, but that didn't stop me from kicking myself when I saw that if I just would have been more patient with a limit order at say $105 I might have got it for $95 on Monday morning.

I realize this is totally irrational because the stock is now up from where I bought it and all I missed out on was an opportunity cost of a few hundred bucks, so I'm trying to get better about this, so I appreciate your and other's wise and calming influence.
    Aug 27, 2015. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Simply Explained, And Its Valuation [View article]
    What do you call a stock that's down 90%?

A stock that was down 80% and got cut in half.

Going to zero, short the bounce.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This REIT Bears Fruit Generated By Grocery-Anchored Tenants [View article]
    Thanks Brad, keep the good stuff coming on ROIC and other REITs. We disagree on NRF, but I have to admit that you've been right so far in that the market has certainly not rewarded them for levering up to get a now 11% yield, although I think the selling is overdone prior to the spinoff of their European properties into NRE, so I encourage you to reexamine that situation, maybe you'll change your mind and write another article on them.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did 3D Systems Get An All Clear From HP? [View article]
    It's easy when you're leading bullish sheep...
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MusclePharm announces job cuts, lowers guidance; COO leaves [View news story]
    Wow, nice strategy, they grossly overspent to try to grow too fast and now they announce cost cutting measures and expect to be rewarded for it. Here's a cost cutting idea: Brad's ridiculous compensation.

Glad I sold half my underwater position at $5.50, it's literally the only stock in my entire portfolio of 47 holdings that is down today. Now just have to resist buying more of this value trap.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Berkshire Hathaway Make The Cut As A 'Retirement Stock'? [View article]
    Totally agree, Alby, bought at $135 for the first time ever on Friday, and wish I would have bought more under $130 when I had the chance. Have another order in at $120 just in case the market does something really stupid again.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: $132 Or $76? Pick Your Scenario [View article]
    "I would expect with more and more free cash, or above average free cash flow"

FCF:
    2012: -19M
    2013: 44M
    2014: -53M
    First half of 2015: -350M

So when will this free cash flow start to show up?

Debt certainly has, rising from $400M to $500M to $900M to $2.4B, so I guess you're right about that at least.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Better 6% Dividend Stock: ConocoPhillips Or Chevron? [View article]
    Usually I'd agree about trusting the bias of the MF, but in this case COP's CEO himself repeated twice on the conference call that the divided is safe, so if they have to end up cutting it he'll end up looking like a fool, although I doubt he'd give any of his salary back.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment