View as an RSS Feed
View Income Surfer's Articles BY TICKER:
- My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble
My Updated Valuation Of Johnson & Johnson
- Johnson & Johnson has been increasing the dividend paid annually for over 50 years.
- The company has $31 billion in cash and only $17 billion in debt.
- In my opinion Johnson & Johnson shares are only mildly undervalued.
I'm Avoiding These Two Stock Sectors
- Utility and Telecom stocks tend to offer higher dividend yields than the average S&P 500 company.
- Low interest rates have forced income investors to seek yield outside of bonds and CDs.
- I believe Utility and Telecom stocks are now riskier than investors realize.
Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel
- Mattel owns such classic brands as Hot Wheels, Matchbox Cars, Barbie, American Girl, and Tyco r/c.
- Mattel sells/distributes its toys to Europe, Asia, and throughout the Americas.
- The current 4.1% dividend is well covered at 60% payout, in spite of the recent decline in sales.
Riding The Rails To Profits?
- US railroads are extremely fuel efficient, moving a ton of freight between 400 and 500 miles on a single gallon of diesel.
- The railroad industry enjoys extremely high barriers to entry, which keeps competition to a minimum.
- Railroad companies ship vital commodities such as coal, oil, and agricultural food stuffs to consumers.
- Investing In Insurance
McDonald's: Is There Still Gold In The 'Golden Arches'
- McDonald's operates more than 35,000 restaurants globally.
- McDonald's management has been increasing the annual dividend for decades. Most recently by 5% in the fall of 2013.
- Comparable sales for the US were down 1% last month, while they were up on the whole in foreign markets.
- New 'Cigar Butt' Stock Purchase: Endurance Specialty Holdings
- New 'Cigar-Butt' Stock Purchase
- New Buy: American States Water Company
- May's Dividend Dates
- The Hallmarks Of A Value Investment
The Importance Of Non-Correlated Assets
- Vanguard's Total Stock Market ETF is up 175% since the March 2009 lows.
- Vanguard's Total Bond Market ETF is up about 9% since March 2009.
- IShares' MSCI Emerging Markets ETF is up about 100% since March 2009.
The Clorox Company: A Cursory Look
- The Clorox Company raised the annual dividend by 10.9% in 2013.
- The Clorox Company sells products under the Clorox, Brita, Burt's Bees, Hidden Valley, KC Masterpiece, Kingsford, Pine-Sol, Tilex, 409, Liquid-Plumr, Glad, Fresh Step, Poett, and Mistolin brands.
- 22% of The Clorox Company's sales take place internationally.
General Mills: My Outlook
- General Mills declared an 8% dividend raise on 3/11/14.
- General Mills owns the Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Nature Valley, FiberOne, Old El Paso, Progresso, Green Giant, Pillsbury, Helper, Totinos, and Cheerio Brands.
- Roughly 25% of total sales in 2013 took place outside of the United States.
- The 8th Deadly Sin: Chasing Yield
Coca-Cola: Can You Beat The Real Thing?
- Coca-Cola sells more than 3,500 products in over 200 countries around the world.
- Coca-Cola's lowest profit margins are found in its North American business segment.
- Coca-Cola's sales volume has declined in the United States.
- Why I Think Coke And PepsiCo Have Bright Futures
PepsiCo: A Balanced Behemoth
- PepsiCo has 22 brands that each generate $1 billion annually.
- PepsiCo's revenue is almost evenly split between food and beverages.
- Only 51% of PepsiCo's revenue comes from the United States.
- Picking Through Stocks In Beaten Down Sectors
Does Schlumberger Stack Up To Its Competition?
- Schlumberger, Halliburton, and Baker Hughes are three of the largest players in the "oil/gas field services" industry.
- Schlumberger sells at a much lower PE than Halliburton and Baker Hughes.
- Schlumberger has a much higher ratio of cash to debt than Halliburton or Baker Hughes.
Searching For Value In Offshore Oil
- Transocean, Ensco, and Noble Corp are all trading near their 52 week lows.
- Tranocean, Ensco, and Noble Corp all have P/E ratios of 10 or below. Much lower than the S&P 500.
- I believe Transocean's liability associated with the 2010 oil spill are largely behind it.
- A Simple Step That Pays Huge Dividends
Why I Bought China Mobile This Week
- China Mobile has more than 750 million customers.
- China Mobile has more than $72 billion in cash.
- China Mobile has grown its dividend more than 500% in the last 10 years.
Wal-Mart: Make Money, Live Better?
- Wal-Mart is the worlds largest retailer.
- Wal-Mart has nearly 11,000 stores in 27 countries.
- Wal-Mart has lowered its 2014 outlook on the back of cuts to the federal food stamp program.
A Pool Of Potential Insurance Company Investments
- Warren Buffett made a fortune in the insurance industry.
- Some of these insurance stocks are selling at lower valuations than the broad US market.
- Investments in the insurance industry can be remarkably profitable.
Why Johnson & Johnson Is On My Watch List
- Johnson & Johnson has a great long-term track record for rewarding investors.
- Its products should benefit with current demographic trends in the developed world.
- Johnson & Johnson has shown the ability to continuously expand sales over its recent history.
- Learn Your Strengths / Weaknesses, And Get Better Returns
Choosing An Emerging Market ETF
- There are many ETFs available to investors.
- ETF holdings and expense costs are two quick ways to narrow down the field of ETFs.
- I invest in VWO by Vanguard because it gives me emerging market exposure and fits my portfolio best.
- Scouting For New Dividend Ideas
- Tupperware: In Every Kitchen; Should It Be In Your Portfolio?
- Which ETF Do You Prefer?