Income Surfer

View Income Surfer's Comments BY TICKER:
AEG, AFL, AWR, BP, CHL, CLX, CSH, ENH, GIS, HALL, JNJ, KO, MAT, MCD, PEP, PG, RIG, SLB, TGT, TUP, UL, VZ, WMT
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Certainly Pepejacob. In this case i used a discounted cash flow model and valued the future value of earnings at 6% more than the current share price, after discounting those earnings at 5%. This type of approach is clearly more art than science, but I'd rather be close than way off.
    Aug 15 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Avoiding These Two Stock Sectors [View article]
    Hello Hardog. I suppose you could view it that way, but I'm not typically a macro or sector investor. In this case I just think the risks outweigh the benefits. Time will tell
    Aug 15 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    I'm purely speculating Investor, but I doubt they will spin off a seperate company like Kraft did. It seems more likely they will sell off some brands to foreign competitors like Unilever. Time will tell
    Aug 12 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    I wish 50, but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt
    Aug 12 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Agreed. Thank you Robert
    Aug 12 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Agreed. Retail and insurance are the two sectors where I'm finding the most value right now.
    Aug 11 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Thanks for sharing User. That's quite a portfolio you've good there
    Aug 11 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    I am also optimistic about PG's "streamlining" Working. Let's see how things turn out
    Aug 11 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words Crazty. I hope they follow the "streamlining" through, because I think it would be really good for the long term prospects
    Aug 11 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    I agree that minor variations in your assumption can have significant variations in the results. It does appear that Proctor & Gamble may have become too unwieldy. That's why I was happy to hear about management potentially streamlining the business
    Aug 11 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Haha, yes. Definitely an error. Thank you for pointing that out
    Aug 11 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Time will tell Praveen, but yes....I wish I had bought a lot more in 2008. Thank you for sharing
    Aug 11 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    You're correct JPV, there aren't many like JNJ. I agree with what you're saying and appreciate your comment. It's interesting that your methodology came up with roughly the same result. There are certainly worse places to invest ones money.
    Aug 11 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Updated Valuation Of Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Ok, now I see what you're getting at. You're asigning a PE multiple to the current profits. Thanks for sharing
    Aug 9 07:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New 'Cigar Butt' Stock Purchase: Endurance Specialty Holdings [View article]
    haha, right.....so you're criticizing my investment because it has a LARGER margin of safety.......in the form of it actually being mildly profitable. Interesting
    Aug 8 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment