Individual Investment Strategist

View Individual Investment Strategist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • EROS International: The Queen Of Bollywood [View article]
    Thank you for that Rishi. I was very curious about this and it makes the differential much easier to understand. I appreciate the clarification!
    Jul 26 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EROS International: The Queen Of Bollywood [View article]
    Good question Picolomini. Looking for a retracement in Eros is a complex endeavor. The stock did see a roughly 20% retracement from the high in June; while that represents a phenomenal discount (compared to the high) it wasn't enough for me to add to my existing position. The complexity is introduced when you start considering both the native listings in India and currency valuations. I have inquiries into various people at Eros trying to determine if there is a difference in the underlying assets of the stock listed here in the US and that of the NSE. With that information I can begin to establish how closely correlated "I feel" the movement of the stocks should be. Until I have more details I decline to comment any further on this portion as it is just conjecture and speculation. Regarding currency if there is a drastic change in the exchange rate you could easily see reflections of that in the price of EROS. Whether that would be a good entry point depends on primary attributes of the exchange rate fluctuation. From my perspective the INR is one of the more difficult currencies to deal with because of how it is controlled. Eros management have actively been presenting to investors and analysts over the past year to gain more visibility by presenting their company and industry - if their campaign is successful you will likely see much higher volume levels.
    Jul 26 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EROS International: The Queen Of Bollywood [View article]
    You are most welcome! Your article was a good compliment that filled a void I had left in my article.
    Jul 21 09:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Very Detailed Look At Organovo [View article]
    Richard:
    Did you happen to get from Insphero what their production capacity was for their liver product?

With printed tissue samples what are the limits to shipping, importing, exporting, and longevity of the product during the process?

Any idea how the FDA will react to products that tried to move to or through clinicals using bio-engineered tissues? How about the EMA?
    Nov 19 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks Affected By The Legalization Of Recreational Marijuana [View article]
    When looking at the 8 requirements set forth by the DOJ the cash only business model will not allow enough visibility into the the operations of the business. The main problem is accountability - what has been working so far has been working because it hasn't faced the regulatory measures the DOJ is requiring of the states.
    In a cash only model:
    With those hand written receipts and a cash payment I, as a business owner, could claim anything for sales and customer ID.
    If I were a cartel I could arrange supply of a shop for a certain price, but would require cash payment for my goods. The criminal element loves cash and government knows this. Belgium has some insight into how this played out in his country.
    If I were a business owner I could sell mj to teenagers out of my back door and it would be more difficult for someone to catch me.
    It is more difficult to track labor and ensure compliance with state/federal laws when you pay employees in cash.
    It is more difficult for the employee when paid in cash and is a personal/public safety risk due to robbery/theft issues.
    It is more difficult to determine accuracy of cash flows, balance statements, income statements etc when operating in a cash only environment.
    It is more difficult for the state to properly tax and audit businesses in a cash only environment.
    The list goes on and on.
    Sure each of these will happen in any business environment, but the stance the state/federal governments are taking is to minimize public safety risk and try to negate the potential creation of criminal enterprises.
    That's a lot of ifs, but ifs have to be considered for the states to pave the way for a safe and productive industry. I would almost be willing to bet you about a time frame for at least restricted access to banking and capitalization and that the laws will eventually be applied to mmj and mmj states.
    Sep 30 01:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting I'll keep my eye out for this company Abuelo.
    Sep 30 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wagon, the issue with the internet sales is that many of the self contained COTS systems have really poor resolution (like you might not be able to recognize yourself if you were captured on camera) and super limited storage/scalability capabilities. When you get into "professional" HD IP surveillance cost per camera goes up and if you don't know how to implement security or network management you risk leaving them open to anyone on the internet. Manufacturer disks like the ones Axis ships with its cameras do not really do all of the necessary configurations. The user still has to deal with the NVR, QoS, and other considerations for the HD IP cams too.

Sub-contracting might be a great idea depending on state contracting laws. It could be difficult to implement because no two installs or requirements for effective security measures are ever the same, thus the need for custom quotes to provide a real solution. With subs their quality of work and interactions can also put your reputation on the line.

If someone can think their way past these and a few other "technical difficulties" they might have a decent business model.
    Sep 30 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Belgium it was my employer/family business not one of the public companies.
    Sep 30 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    LOL traffic jams on all major roads!

I think they will work on it rather quickly because the DOJ knows that it will be almost impossible to enable state regulation and have it be successful in a cash only industry.

What is concerning is an article out of the Seattle PI last week alluding to the fact they might have BAC handle the marijuana accounts. I couldn't determine if they meant the state account or for BAC to be the bank businesses fitting several qualifying factors had to use.
    Sep 30 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do not agree on this one Abuelo. The lab testing I can see, but speaking from almost a decade of personal experience with the first company (that I know of) to offer monitored cloud based IP solutions for hosting decentralized surveillance and access control I think the specialized knowledge, certifications, licenses, and overhead to legally, effectively, and securely roll systems out would water down their business model. With that said though someone is going to make a fortune with respect to these technologies in this industry.
    Sep 30 02:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    When you say security do you mean thing like Surveillance and access control?
    Sep 29 07:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the mention Specialist.

I think I told Allan my new found reservations regarding the marijuana industry based on the recent Senate Hearing. With specific regard to comments from Sheriff Urquhart it seems we might need to wait just a little longer to see how regulation might dictate the allowed business structures.

Like many of the people here I am pro-PHOT as well. My reasoning is different though. The company has a history going back 2 decades or so which can be a valuable thing in an industry full of seedlings. More importantly to me are the monitoring and control products you mention. My business background is in IT/Networking and resource management; using my experience if I were to define the phrase "internet of everything" they would fall right into that. While I have yet to look at the products in detail a cursory glance leads me to think that their products would bring grow rooms out of the dark age of mechanical timers, separate pump systems, manual water testing, manual atmospheric adjustments and right into the digital age where you could go on vacation to Greece and reasonably control your hydroponic or soil based garden over the internet. The power of that is huge and it could affect income statements in multiple areas. Of course like many IP based technologies the average person might struggle to implement it in a secure fashion, but that's another beast altogether.
    Sep 29 06:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Wagon did you happen to catch the Senate Hearing a few weeks back? They addressed banking and highlighted several of the concerns you point out.
    Sep 29 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana Inc. To Launch New Products [View article]
    No I haven't had the pleasure of listening to Llamas. Right about the time I started paying attention to things was when the negative press hit the headlines. Shortly after that he stepped down. If he comes back I'll pay attention.
    Sep 9 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Marijuana Inc. To Launch New Products [View article]
    Interesting report. Thank you. One question for you though. Assuming the trial goes positively for Llamas do you think that a return to the company would be a positive or that the negative image he has already established will prevail creating pressure on the stock price and the company?
    Sep 9 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment