Inefficient Market

View Inefficient Market's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    That DCF forecast also gave no terminal value to the business after 10 years. So $87m is just the NPV of estimated cash flows over the next 10 years.

The terminal value at the end of 10 years, assuming they're doing $20m in free cash flow at the end of 2025, would be north of $450m. Add that to the $87m.

But again, there are way too many assumptions being made to rely on this model.
    Jun 10, 2015. 04:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Who predicted $15?
    Jun 8, 2015. 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    That's not my forecast. I simply plugged in some numbers you gave me with an arbitrary growth rate.

It's a fool's errand to forecast a company like this 10 years out...which is why I didn't do it in the article.

And that NPV of $87m assumes the cash flows stop after 10 years, which is unlikely given this is more of a perpetuity style business. I'm sure you can figure out the NPV of a growing perpetuity yourself.
    Jun 8, 2015. 11:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    DCF models are basically useless for small growth companies...especially ones in the early innings like PLPM. I would only use it for mature companies where the cash flows and growth rates can be easily estimated. There are just too many variables to try and predict 10 years out right now. Just a 2% reduction in the WACC would increase the valuation by nearly $10m.

A DCF model is just a tool. I know financial textbooks love to use them, but in real world applications they're hardly ever accurate, unless you're valuing Johnson & Johnson.
    Jun 8, 2015. 08:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    NPV for 10 years @ 10% growth and an 8% cost of capital with a baseline of $8m FCF would be around $87m. Not sure I would value a stock like this that way because a model like that is only as good as the numbers you estimate.
    Jun 8, 2015. 12:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Payment Data Systems Still Has Triple Digit Upside [View article]
    If you can get shares in the low .30's then that would be an excellent entry point. I'm really surprised the stock did not move higher after Q1 results, but the volume is still really low. I would also bet the upcoming Nasdaq listing could move the price higher as well.

To be honest, based on the results they've reported over the last 6 months or so, I'd say there is less risk now at $0.33 than there was at $0.15.
    May 18, 2015. 06:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    1) Yes

2) If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. The fact is, they have federal net operating loss carry forwards of $67.2 million, state net operating loss carry forwards of $68.1 million, and various foreign net operating loss carry forwards, the most significant of which expire between 2020 and 2033. Those just didn't magically fall out of the sky. So to try to "normalize" that would be foolish. Were you "normalizing" their losses 5 years ago by saying, "Well, they really didn't lose that much money because in 5 years they won't have to pay any tax." I guess you only "normalize" when it's convenient.
    May 16, 2015. 11:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Not sure I'd define any company that's making money, has plenty of cash, and no debt, as on "life support", but to each his own.

You're obviously not going to find perfect fundamentals in a stock priced like PLPM, but the stock is far from a gamble. The fundamentals are good enough to where there is downside protection, and still the opportunity to 2x your money.
    May 16, 2015. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    The r/s would take place before the listing and it would trade under a new ticker for a few days before being listed on the Nasdaq. Once approved, I'd say it should be listed within a week. I don't think shareholders have to vote on it, and it wouldn't matter anyway since insiders own over 50% of the company. The stock is a steal below $0.35, and really even below $0.45. I'd be buying more if I wasn't already 100% invested.
    May 15, 2015. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Yeah, they've already applied for the listing. I'd expect the uplisting within the next 2-4 weeks.
    May 15, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Global just paid $130m for Realex, with $20m in revenue and ~$2m of net income. So I don't think PLPM is currently too small for Global to take a look at.
    May 13, 2015. 10:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    May 12th at 5am
    May 13, 2015. 09:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    They'll reverse split it to meet the minimum price requirement. They applied for the listing in April, so it probably won't be too long now.
    May 13, 2015. 09:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Well said. I'm a little surprised Global hasn't made a play for PLPM yet. I wonder if PLPM is just not interested in selling, or maybe just not at the price Global is wanting to pay. I remember reading in the filings that several employees (including Carl Williams) have stock that vests if the share price is over $6, so maybe they're holding out for that.
    May 13, 2015. 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying Planet Payment Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Those PYDS grants don't vest until 2025. And the awards were nowhere close to 68m shares. More like 25m. The company is only trading for about 15x my 2015 earnings estimates (on a fully diluted basis). It's not as cheap as it was, but the company is worth $100m as it sits. Nasdaq listing should be coming soon.

Agree on PLPM.