Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Long-Term Investors Should Ignore Overvaluation As A Sell Trigger [View article]
    iggy, thnx for the link. That was very interesting reading.
    Jan 25, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Robert,

I agree. Sometimes it can be a struggles to work out that exact entry point back into a stock, which can invariably just get missed, costing you dividend accumulation and capital growth in a high quality name.
    Jan 25, 2015. 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    B&H,

I love that philosophy. Its something that I haven't adopted enough in my investing. I hope to change that going forward.
    Jan 25, 2015. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    I should say "lower" as opposed to "low"
    Jan 5, 2015. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    NV_Gary, My bad....it was a busy weekend. Sometimes real life gets in the way of dividend accumulation!
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    tarchibald, I'd say circa $750k right now. I'm still early to mid stage in my accumulation phase, so I'm biased to still accumulating dividend growth stocks rather than bonds for right now. That will get me a progressively increasing dividend stream as well as good prospects for capital accumulation. I'm planning to progressively accumulate a basket of 30 dividend growth stocks steadily on a quarterly basis over time.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    jgrever, many thanks appreciate your comments
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    For what its worth, I still like GE and am planning steady accumulation
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    See my comments above- they are fully franked dividends, effectively having US dividend taxation rates on dividend income from what I understand...no withholding.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    Assender, I would have loved to have hedged the AUD exposure, but I guess I have a natural hedge in that I have some expenses there that my AUD dividends fund, so it doesn't really impact me too much. I really like the businesses that I hold as part of my Aussie divided portfolio, so I don't plan on selling them. I'll diversify my portfolio through growth of non Aussie dividend stocks. I don't plan on investing any new capital into my Australian dividend portfolio
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Finici,

I actually just want to now buy to accumulate and hold long term. One could probably still make a fairly good return turning over dividend stocks once they have appreciated, but I just want to identify the best businesses, buy them and then hold onto them long term.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    Sarte, My effective yield is probably a little low (maybe like 3.5%), would put portfolio value close to $750k.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    NV - I still like Westpac. The big 4 banks are essentially an oligopoly, with regulatory protection, and have close to 90% of domestic mortgages. Your point about external funding is a valid one, there is a heavily reliance on o'seas funding. However each of the banks have done a good job in shoring up their share of domestic deposits to supplement and reduce external funding dependency.
    Dividends are twice yearly. As the dividends are fully franked, the way it works is I believe that non residents don't pay any withholding tax and end up paying just US dividend taxes on their dividends due to AUS US tax treaty (ie can be treated as US div's with US taxes for all intents and purposes)
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    Thanks DD. I think a long term accumulation time frame makes this plan workable. I'm excited to see how it comes together. Not sure if accumulating at elevated historical valuations would make as much sense if I was in retirement phase, as its likely at some point that we'll see some share price compression
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    i'd suggest also considering Colgate, Clorox, Pepsi and maybe Hershey's to your list.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment