Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Mary, my thoughts exactly. Sometimes there's a tendency to be a little too fixated on a dollar or two difference in price. With long term appreciation and a suitably long holding period (mine is at least 20 years), it will really make the price your acquired for appear irrelevant (unless you bought at really excessive or expensive prices). I'm hard pressed to say that this is the situation with JNJ at current pricing (ie I don't believe that it is unreasonably expensive).
    Feb 6, 2015. 12:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Rudester,

I can understand your position. If I had bought and significantly lower prices, I may have also paused before adding at current levels. I think JNJ is at a fair price today, I don't believe its excessively priced. I'm comfortable steadily and regularly accumulating the stock.
    Feb 6, 2015. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Thanks SIumdog, hopefully the decision to accumulate JNJ long term will pay us both handsome dividends over time.
    Feb 5, 2015. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Wow... some great entry points. I'd love to be able to show a 7x capital return at the end of my accumulation period!. Great decision to accumulate the stock on your part.
    Feb 5, 2015. 08:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Mark335, my plan is to just buy each quarter like clock work irrespective of price. I suspect I'll get some fair/average prices such as my most recent buy, along with some really good entry points. Over the long term, because I believe JNJ's intrinsic value will continue to increase, I feel confident that I'll come out ahead in the long run.
    Feb 5, 2015. 08:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Johnson & Johnson [View article]
    Thanks Dividend Dreams. I had owned JNJ previously, but had foolishly exited after pocketing a small gain and concluding that its best days were behind it several years ago. I'm reformed now and plan to accumulate and hold....and then eventually gift the stock to my kids...
    Feb 5, 2015. 08:39 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Year In Review [View article]
    Thanks for your feedback Inzkeeper, best of luck in building up your portfolio. My aim going forward is to not sell anything. I think in every 10 stocks you may have a couple of underperformers. Rather than exiting them, my preference will just be to keep them and let the ride, unless there are fundamental structural problems in their business.
    Feb 5, 2015. 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Topping Up BP [View article]
    Sartre, I topped up several weeks ago. I was a little late getting this article out. I did reference recently topping up, as opposed to having added today.
    Feb 4, 2015. 09:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    findad, its extremely difficult to establish a new payment system, or alternative digital payments. You just need to see how the cryptocurrencies such as BitCoin and others have struggled for acceptance as evidence.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Kyle, agree. Visa has a bunch of growth drivers in front of it. New markets may also be on the verge of opening up, such as China. In any case, MPOS, shift from cash to credit are all positive trends for the company that should continue to drive growth.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    I'm personally content holding what I have, but I suspect Visa could get a nice bump along post split
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Timmies, I thought same when Visa was ~$100 and bought up anyway. Seemed like it had run up to $100 very fast, and I was interested in buying on a pullback. In any case, I bit the bullet and bought anyway and am glad I did so. Sometimes its worth playing a reasonable price for a quality business.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    jgarant, agree, this could provide further momentum for the stock.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    thnx for the feedback rstar
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    FleetUSA, Inmocean,

I had the opposite problem where V and MA grew to be too large a portion of my overall portfolio. I trimmed slightly, which may have been a bit of a mistake, but both are the single largest positions in my US portfolio and account for about 20% of the value.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment