Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 4 [View article]
    SDS,

Good point. I think my proxy for susceptibility to create destruction is the existence of a moat, which provides some basic protection. Of course, its difficult to truly estimate the impact the effects of technology disruption and what that could do to a company.
    Dec 17, 2014. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Buy and Hold,

I do agree with your approach that you can really build exponential wealth by swooping in during major market corrections. Unfortunately, I've worked out I don't have the discipline to wait and accumulate cash in the meantime to swoop during downturns. Invariably, excess cash just gets applied elsewhere. I'm hopeful that my regular cycle of investment will still enable me to catch the inevitable downturns in addition to providing regularity and certainty of investment and management of my cash flow.
    Dec 16, 2014. 09:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Does Current Price War Mean Long-Term Damage? [View article]
    It's best to be diversified across a bunch of sectors, but if it makes you feel any better, I have both VZ and XOM in my accumulation portfolio also!
    Dec 10, 2014. 04:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Does Current Price War Mean Long-Term Damage? [View article]
    They have no choice but to continue with the price war though.... they need subs to cover their fixed costs, and have to get them anyway they can....it will eventually lead to one or both of TMUS and S going under, and the regulators will then really wish they'd allowed the merger, instead of VZ and T carving up the market between them
    Dec 10, 2014. 04:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 3 [View article]
    Craig, I have actually developed a fairly solid base of established high yielders in my dividend portfolio that have helped give my dividend portfolio a pretty substantial base of dividend income already. I'm now more focussed on building up dividend income from companies that provide a yield of 1.5-2.5%, which I'd say is my sweet spot. As far as what I'm accumulating now, I'd say 75% of companies would be in this range. In terms of what's already in my portfolio, I'd say at least 50% of my dividend income is from companies in the higher yield range (3%+). Now that I have a good base of dividend income, I'm trying to focus on those companies that maybe lower yield, but potentially faster growth.
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    BlueOkie, thanks for the comment. Actually motif allows you to build and customize your own motif of up to 30 stocks. I built my own motif myself. There were some pre-existing dividend motifs, but I wasn't really happy with the stock selection in these. You can rebalance what you've built at a price, but I'm really doing this with an intention of holding these stocks forever, so I don't intend to swap out any of the stocks in my dividend motif.
    Dec 10, 2014. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr Carrol, actually I believe its $9.95 to buy the entire motif and if you want to buy an individual stock in the motif its $4.95. I don't intend to buy any of the stocks individually. I'm going to buy my motif/index as a whole, several times a year.
    Dec 10, 2014. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Topper, curious why you avoid retail and banking? I can understand the comment about cyclical companies in capital intensive industries.
    Dec 10, 2014. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks geekette, Div Developer. I hope to finish up the other 20 stocks in my 30 in the portfolio, and then provide quarterly updates as to how my accumulation is going, for as length of time of my accumulation. I think it may provide an interesting case study for others on average cost entry of a high quality bucket vs market timing and purchase at low points. I expect that I should come out okay over the long term.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    topper, I was long CL previously and had been for a few years, but I thought to myself that it may have been getting pricey and sold it earlier in the year. The aha moment for me later was not to think of whether its pricey now, but if I have a 30 year holding period whether current prices would appear pricey in 30 years time. When I came to my own conclusion on this question, I realized I'd made an error in selling.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ramonsito, I'm planning to increase contributions at major intervals if at all possible, but I generally keep little excess cash on hand and am not sure if I will be in a position to make such an investment during market lows, so prefer a regular investment schedule and opportunistic extra investments if circumstances happen to permit.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Frizzo, I wasn't aware of that service, I will have to check that out. If I can cut brokerage even further for my regular accumulation then that will be well worth it.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Buy and Hold,

I am really banking heavily on time and good business selection to help out as far as unfavorable valuations are concerned. I can't disagree with you. Nothing in my list is screaming bargain basement pricing right now. But going out 15-20 years, once I'm done with accumulation, I willing to hazard a guess that the prices I'm buying in at now will certainly seem bargain basement.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    win3688, no problem. What is about what I'm proposing that makes no sense to you? Is is the businesses that I'm investing in, or the fact that I'm proposing to accumulate these regularly and systematically?
    Nov 28, 2014. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    maxnsl, i have to admit that both MCD and KO have been testing me a little in recent times. Less as far as actual share price, but sluggishness in North American markets and declining sales traction have me wondering whether this may be a harbinger of things to come. I'm holding on, because they both have great assets to deliver anything to any place in the world, be it standardized meals or beverages. They also represents small positions in a diversified dividend portfolio.
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment