Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Becton Dickinson [View article]
    Squddz, I'm not too concerned about this. BDX is a $27B company. A charge of misleading and deceptive advertising and $340M fine isn't going to bring this company down.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Becton Dickinson [View article]
    Aaronfunding, my thoughts exactly. This is one that I feel confident in slowly and steadily buying up over time, it has a bunch of drivers that will provide support for the stock over many years... also steadily increasing intrinsic value.
    I'm also buying in a low cost manner also, once a quarter.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Becton Dickinson [View article]
    2Reb, I got pretty excited myself when doing the analysis. Stead, consistent performer with 10% dividend growth prospects, in an industry with good secular trends, and promising growth prospects... whats not to like?!
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Becton Dickinson [View article]
    Barrie, my first installment, purchase was at the $130 mark, unfortunately prices had increased when I bought most recently. I think this is a long term value creator, so I'm happy buying steadily and consistently here.
    Apr 9, 2015. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Becton Dickinson [View article]
    Thanks Doug, appreciate the comment. Got a chuckle out of reading the line " the yield is low and the capital gains are killing me"....nice problem to have!
    Apr 9, 2015. 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Inzkeeper,
    Agree its a bit of a quandry this one. I do have current USD income, my Australian assets are all legacy of me being there for some time before coming to the US.
    Like you, I also expect the AUD to fall further, which means that the purchasing power of my Aussie income will decline in the short term. I'm buying up US assets with my US income, and leaving my Aussie dividend income to build up and pay down some AUD expenses that I have. Interestingly, I built up Aussie assets while I was over in the US, with the intent that I'd eventually go back to Australia. Things haven't panned out that way to date, which has left me with a situation of some great Aussie dividend income with diminshing purchasing power!. I content myself with the fact that I have been able to build up substantial US dollar based assets and income.
    The interesting thing for me really is as far as long term retirement goes. If I do return back to Australia for retirement, retaining Aussie dividend assets would have proved a good decision. Otherwise I may regret not selling some Aussie dividend stocks when the AUD was actually above parity with the USD.
    Apr 6, 2015. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Wiley, good feedback. I can briefly summarize, most material contributions. Next quarter, I may look to refashion this update.
    Aus co's:
    Telstra ~$70k, $1,600 Q1 div
    Cochlear ~$65k, $600 Q1 div

US:
    BP ~13.5K, $192 Q1 div
    CME ~$9.2k, $200 Q1 div
    Verizon ~12k, $135 Q1 div
    Apr 6, 2015. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Gary, One thing I should have mentioned. Aussie co's pay a very large final dividend, typically twice as big as the interim. Hence the middle to back half of my year tends to bring in the large dividend dollars!
    Apr 6, 2015. 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Gary, My understanding of South32 is that it is all of the secondary, non core operations of BHP including aluminium, managanese, silver and coal assets. I think you have to form a view based on the direction of those underlying commodities. However given that these are non core to BHP, I don't believe BHP had very strong strategic positions in these assets, unlike those of iron ore etc. I'd think South32 would be a pretty marginal business. Good thing is that it doesn't seem to be overburdened with debt, which is common in "good asset" "bad asset" spin offs.
    Apr 6, 2015. 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    The $838 is from existing US positions that I had before I started investing in
    the magic 30. The $44 is the estimated forward income that I will receive from my first purchase of magic $30. Just to be clear, I haven't received a dollar of this as yet...it's what i'll receive over the next 12 months from having bought my first magic 30 installment.
    Apr 5, 2015. 08:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Great question D. Rockefeller....I miss Australia alot, particularly during the US winters....
    If things work out well, retirement back to Australia could well be on the cards...
    Apr 5, 2015. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    2Reb, that's good feedback. I'll have to consolidate everything in one update next quarter with a table breaking out positions and dividend income.

Essentially, I have an existing dividend portfolio which is comprised primarily of Australian stocks and a few select US dividend stocks (Coca Cola, CME, McDonalds, Verizon, BP, Lockheed, Cisco, Western Union). These US stocks currently deliver approximately $838 in dividend income for the quarter. I hope to get $3,500 from those this year. I assembled these positions individually, at various points. These investments are not being added to anymore.

Going forward, I am not going to buy individual positions at different times. I am just going to buy my Dividend Accumulation Fund, or "magic 30" as you refer. I'm going to just buy this every quarter. At the moment, this is small in terms of contribution to my dividend income (just USD $44 of forward income thus far), thus I haven't bothered to break out all of the positions and the dividend income they produce. The "magic 30" cumulatively produce $44 in dividend income right now (I have only started this accumulation just recently).

So for Q1:
    Australian positions: $3109
    Legacy US positions: $838

I'll try to lay this out better for next quarter.
    Apr 5, 2015. 06:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    The Aussie economy is very heavily driven by commodity exports, specifically iron ore which accounts for a strong portion of GDP. Iron ore pricing has hit been on the decline for a number of months, it is possible it may have found a floor, but that is what is bringing the AUD down.
    Apr 5, 2015. 06:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Ian, Interesting point. My own view at least as far as the AUD/USD is that the AUD is only going to deteriorate further. Iron ore pricing keeps declining, which drives the Aussie economy, with the glut of excess supply, I have no idea when this will stabilize. The Aussie economy is on the verge of interest rate reductions, with the USD likely on an interest rate upswing. I'm not that upbeat on AUD strength here.
    Apr 5, 2015. 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    ZZPOP,
    I really do feel that it is a negotiating ploy. I feel like there would be a lot of public and political pressure on BP if they folded BP (America) and walked away. While there may be legal separation of the entities, the political heat on the parent would be significant and would probably taint there ability to bid on future exploration rights in the US. I'm not sure they would want that outcome.

I'm more concerned about the trajectory of long term oil prices on BP's continued ability to pay the dividend. At this point, I'm still optimistic.
    Apr 5, 2015. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment