Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    I own both, and each are individually major positions in my portfolio. Both are powerful members of a growing duopoly. If you had a preference for international growth, you may go with MA, but I'd just buy both.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    I actually do think that MA is still undervalued at these levels. Its hard a strong run over the last 5 years or so, but earnings growth has been so good, and prospects look so good that I think it will continue to deliver.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    2Reb,

Its really really hard to build an alternate payment system. You need a lot to go right for you. Consumers need to adopt you, merchants need to accept you, and regulators need to like you (just ask BitCoin). I wouldn't say that any one of these can't be overcome, but you put all 3 together and thats a really tall order. And then the question becomes, what value are you offering that makes your product incrementally better?
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Many thanks for the comment. I've realized with great companies that any sort of sale isn't a good one if you have a really long time horizon. MasterCard is a business that I'd put in that upper echelon of top class, reliable, stable businesses.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Nice Chuck!, I hope to be in a similar position some day :)
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    2reb, solar and wind have been mentioned as substitutes for years. Though you are seeing selective use cases for alternative energy, I just don't see it at low enough cost to make it solely viable At scale in industrial applications, the key oil consumption factor. I could be wrong here, but I still see a bright future for holders of low cost oil reserves for the next 30 yrs.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Jay, interesting question. I've been assembling what I think are best of breed today. Businesses that have the longevity to last the next 30 years. I can't say with confidence that what is assembled in these dividend efts fits that need. Also some have high expense ratios, frequent churn, and speculative companies with high gearing and poor fundamentals. If I didn't need my income to last me so long, I may not care as much.
    Additionally, current yield isn't so important to me, but staying power and strong fundamentals are. I feel that my business will all kick in a nice income stream when I need it in 15 years or so.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    That's cape cod for the feedback!
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Personally, I do prefer xom to wmt. I think a steady erosion of walmarts wide moat is underway
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Stock market is forward looking which is why I think it makes sense to use a forward pe. It doesn't price in trailing earnings.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Pacific, glad you've enjoyed that write ups! Here's hoping xom will serve us well long term.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Peter, thanks for the comment. Agree, my time frame may be off by months or even a few years. That doesn't concern me though. Xom is well positioned to emerge stronger post this oil price volatility. I'm not too fussed how long it takes as I'll be bottom drawing this position and steadily buying so few months or couple of years doesn't worry me.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Microsoft [View article]
    TechsArcana, you could be right about MSFT being a value added services provider for Android, which would be something that's valuable for enterprise. It's a platform that seems to be lacking a consistent set of enterprise grade tools, which seems to be a real opportunity for someone to exploit.

I value the solid dividend as well. Steady dependable dividend growth helps set this stock apart.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Microsoft [View article]
    Bahamas, on your point about markedly increasing the dividend, given the ROE's that they generate, I'd actually be comfortable with the company maintaining their current dividend rate today and further investing heavily to entrench their enterprise moat. Rather than these incremental consumer investments that appear to have suspect payoffs, incremental enterprise investment may continue to generate positive returns for investors at high returns on equity.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Accumulating Microsoft [View article]
    Dividend Doll, I'm pleased to hear that the model that I'm proposing has worked out successfully for you, gives me hope that I should see some good results also.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment