Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Matthew, if I had to pick any investment as no brainer it would be V. Biggest risk I would see would be regulatory/ lobbying risk from merchants. Otherwise it will be incredibly difficult to unseat Visa.
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Consider Visa For A Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Thnx Bahamas, do agree with your comment that Visa should be suitable for all investors, growth and income. I feel like the low yield may sometime act as a disincentive for income investors to invest. Both V and MA have been blockbuster investments for me, MA held periodically over time since ipo and Visa since 2012
    Feb 4, 2015. 08:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Year In Review [View article]
    Wow relospecialist... that's a great yield on your portfolio....I'd love to be earning 5%!. Congrats.
    Jan 29, 2015. 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons I Am Accumulating A Long-Term Position In Verizon [View article]
    HaveD,
    MVNO's are entirely beholden to the underlying networks they run on in terms of service quality and contract commitments. They also need to make substantial investments in sales support, customer service and post sales operation, particularly if they want to be national in nature.
    In the Google example you reference, do you think that Sprint will continue to allow their network to be utilized by Google if Google cannibalize Sprints base and give them back 50% of the revenue that they would have otherwise received if the subscriber were a Sprint customer? MVNO's are real double edged sword for the the telco....particularly in Sprint's case with Google. Sprint are between a rock and a hard place, because they have an underutilized network, but in allowing Google access as an MVNO, Google may cannibalize their subscriber base. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Jan 29, 2015. 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Year In Review [View article]
    max deo, not sure what point your are trying to make, but generally the more you have to invest and the more dividend stocks that you invest in, the more dividend income you will have-- i do agree with that statement.
    Jan 29, 2015. 08:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Year In Review [View article]
    marsam, approx portfolio size is ~$750k. I'm more focussed on income output rather than portfolio size
    Jan 29, 2015. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Year In Review [View article]
    sbally4,

Partly a function of more limited cash to invest, and also because I have found that I am unable to really time the market well. I've invested a big position only to subsequently see the price decline and felt some remorse that I had maxxed out my exposure and been put into a position of being unable to further add to it. Given I've got a long term horizon, with many years to accumulate, I'm happy to go slow and steady
    Jan 29, 2015. 08:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    Well Google will be hindered by service quality when the signal defaults to Sprint and TMUS network. The service will only be as good as the weakest link in the chain, which may actually turn out to be the cellular defaults rather than the prime wifi network, although I have my doubts on how good the service will be when mobile.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    Rich,

I think the difference with how VZ and others use wifi versus how a Republic wireless and Google may leverage it is using wifi to backhaul traffic to the network versus as the primary mode of connectivity. Flipping between wifi and cellular creates a situation where the device is in constant handover mode searching for the best signal, creating choppy audio. Perhaps Google has found a way to control this choppiness in audio across different signal strength.

I don't disagree that there is a price sensitive segment that exists, likely among all carrier bases. I' d suggest given the relative differential spend of VZ, T subs vs Sprint, TMUS, and the fact that churn has still been kept relatively low (~1% at T, VZ in spite of TMUS giving away the kitchen sink), that VZ and T subs will certainly consider low prices, but also balance quality of service.

Of course if Google can achieve both, they'll have a home run on their hands.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    In the scenario that you propose, Google would likely be regulated in a very similar way to telcos and ISP's. I'm not really sure Google would want that scenario, which is why I think they roll out fiber footprint to a limited area, and continue to operate as an MVNO to avoid more high touch regulation
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    Very interesting observation. You could be right that the wifi play could just be a short term thing as Google assembles its satellite strategy for delivery of ubiquitous connectivity. Likely very high execution risk inherent here, and something that will require a 10 year plus time frame to execute.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    Booban,

My theory is that the prepaid segment and more price conscious subs will be more interested in making the trade of off patchy service quality for lower price. There's likely a good slab of VZ and T subs that don't see the need for service trade offs for lower price. Perhaps less so than S, and TMUS which have large prepaid base.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    thanks Jhesr, appreciate the feedback.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Has Little To Fear From Google's Wireless Entry [View article]
    Dwight, thanks for the catch. I meant to reference Republic wireless as one of the wifi based network providers also.
    You make a fair point about the quality of the big 4's customer service levels. Point is Google will have to investment in training and development to develop this competency, something that they presently don't have.
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Long-Term Investors Should Ignore Overvaluation As A Sell Trigger [View article]
    FC, Not at all. My view is just to be in the best businesses, and be in them indefinitely, irrespective of market movements. Of course if competitive positions have been eroded, then I'd revisit my decision to be in the stocks, otherwise I see no reason to sell.
    Jan 25, 2015. 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment