Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • McDonald's: Recent Price Weakness May Present A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Billyspeed, that's partly where the technology investment that they are making can come to assist. With the ability to preorder and pick up, queuing times in store should decrease. McDonalds will still retain the flexibility to provide diversity in the menu without clogging up the system in store. The issue is that their existing menu still is successful and does appeal to a core demographic (otherwise revenue would have fallen harder then it has), but if they want to continue to attract the milennials, they may have to allow slightly different choices. Technology investment and modifying inventory management can help them to maintain greater choice, whilst ensuring that the supply chain isn't overwhelmed and in store experience doesn't bloat further.
    Aug 28 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Booban, I don't disagree. They need to keep tweaking and reivigorating the menu. They don't need to fundamentally shift the perception of McDonalds as good value for money, but a few premium, diversified items here and there should help broaden their proposition a bit more. Consumer palettes change over time. It's important to keep innovating, either organically or through investment to ensure you still remain relevant.
    Aug 28 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've heard it said that folks have a great deal of long term success accumulating KO at a price which provides a yield >3%. On that logic, McDonalds should hopefully provide similar success at current prices. I also see good value at current prices.
    Aug 28 06:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Houdini, McDonald's efforts to reengage the millennials are still pretty nascent, so I think it's a bit soon to right them off!. Using tech as a way to engage a younger base has worked for other mature co's such as Starbucks, some of the banks. I'm not counting out MCD just yet.
    Aug 28 05:38 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Johnson & Johnson Is Helping Me With My Coca Cola Investment [View article]
    This is a very interesting strategy. I liken it to the benefits of dollar cost averaging into an index. There's no rush to accumulate a full position straight away, but slowly build it up over time as market noise gets the better of investors. If you are confident in the enduring underlying strength of the business, it's hard to see an investor coming out worse in such a situation long term.
    Aug 28 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Obi Wan, Good point, leadership of the company does make a significant impact. I think you also want a company with great assets that makes it idiot proof for management of any capacity to steward. Sure, less than capable management won't add significant value, but at least they won't then drive the company into the ground.
    My KO stock was also added at the 3% div range.
    Aug 26 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Mike...I think my ultimate validation will be KO's longevity in producing sustained dividend increases. I'm looking to add back my JNJ at some stage... and I'm sure there will be opportunities to do so at more compelling prices. I do agree JNJ is a nice anchor stock for a dividend portfolio
    Aug 26 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    baerrus, interesting comment. But on that basis, given all companies invariably go through downturns of various severity, that would suggest at one point or other selling everything. Historical financials can get you some of the way there with your analysis, but unless you have some element of faith that the company can right the ship and reinvigorate growth, you would just have a series of short term holders. That approach may work if you are a great trader, but I'm not sure that that's a sustainable pathway to build wealth, at least for me anyway.
    Aug 26 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Dancing Diva, I appreciate the feedback and the tip on the fastgraphs. I'm not necessarily looking to accumulate more Coca Cola at current prices (though I may well do on a more substantial dip), but I'm happy to keep holding, and not to hit the sell button on the investment.
    Aug 26 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Horowitz. The bad investment calls i've made have been when I've overthought an investment and tried to overanalyze why it's lagging. Why is revenue flat? Why hasn't the price moved? My personality is driven to action and quicker results....and that's a terrible combination for investing. Fortunately, for the most part, I've had the good fortune just to let good things be. Where I've failed to do, it's ended up costing me. Early exit on JNJ, Mastercard (that was very costly, but fortunately I reentered, albeit at a higher price). Historical financials aren't the best basis to base a call on an investment. At time, you just need to have some faith and let time do its work.
    Aug 26 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sw, completely agree on the mcdonalds front. Though I would like to see MCD do more in terms of options for menu enhancements. I really like the approach of making the investment in chipotle a decade ago. It's something they should consider doing more of to at least test new ideas and concepts to ensure relevancy. Shame they fully divested when chipotle went public
    Aug 25 09:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hence the product diversification in cokes case. I like that they aren't standing still and are actively looking at options to diversify the business, across categories that are growing well.
    Aug 25 09:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks bob, appreciate it.
    Aug 25 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Strongly agree. Second guessing cost me with JNJ. I'm happy to let this transformation period play out for coke.
    Aug 25 09:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'll have to add that to my set of tools for next time rudester!
    Aug 25 09:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment