Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    I think you have to take a medium term view of what oil prices are likely to do. On a short term basis, you will get spikes up and down, but medium term I think many of the players who are depending on oil at $70, $80 dollars to be viable will shut down supply, with will help reduce the massive oversupply that exists currently. COP's uncoventional production is exciting to me, because I understand thats profitable and viable at as little as $50 a barrel. I believe we should definitely be seeing those prices as a floor several years from now.
    Apr 17, 2015. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Excellent, very insightful comment. I agree with much of what you said. Businesses that have a storied track record and that have displayed longevity have the best chance of continuing to do so, because they are proven performers. Thus having liberal amounts of these in a portfolio should generally be a smart move. The question I have is can you assume that these businesses can and win continue to sustain rates of growth beyond inflation? Eventually after a certain business life cycle, growth becomes mean reverting, to the general rate of economic growth. That's arguably closer to 3%, rather than 7% in a developed economy. That also assumes a business can retain its moat and the barriers to entry that have thus far kept invaders at bay. So while there is every likelihood that was has succeeded will continue to succeed, I think one that is looking beyond a 15-20 year time frame is well advised to look at placing selective bets on companies that appear to have cemented deep moats, but without the longevity of existence of more storied players. I'd place Starbucks and Visa in that category, hence my reason for their inclusion. The gradual dismantling of WalMarts moat is evidence enough that nothing last forever, no matter how great the enterprise.
    Apr 17, 2015. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Thanks fleet, I also hope that good fortune allows me to steadily accumulate and not have to raid the portfolio. There are some things in life that are just difficult to fully plan for.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    I think on cop and Jnj it depends whether you think the companies current operational challenges are likely long term. In cop's case, I think oil prices will rise again medium term. JNJ is facing some currency issues and muted demand in emerging markets, but I don't believe these will endure long teerm
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Par investor, nice portfolio you have there. I owned apple several years ago but sold it off after a small gain. Have been wondering since whether I did the right thing :)
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Water Buffalo, I hold substantial positions in V and MA which have both doubled from when I bought them. Think they will be good long term dividend payers. I am building positions in Dis, cop, cl, pg, xom and others . Objective is to give me a good dividend base today, and prospect of substantial dividend payments from emerging dividend payers tomorrow.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Bid ask, I really like sbux here as well. Could be a really strong dividend growth payer in the future. That along with Visa promises really good steady dividend growth in years ahead given there strong competitive positions
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor: Q1 Update [View article]
    Thanks mScott, Hsy has actually been growing operating income at strong double digits the last few years. This is a reflection of the pricing power of the business... Gross margins have almost been increasing by stealth. I love the Colgate business because it's steady, dependable and reliable. Could be some good prospects for growth in emerging markets. Take your point that it's not growing like a visa or nike though
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    Honeycomb888, while stock prices maybe volatile at the moment, I really do feel COP will grind it out and emerge with higher stock price and dividends several years from now. This will eventually be one to look back on and think, how good was that opportunity to accumulate!
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    Thanks Bahamas. I really do believe that you are right about thanking myself years from now. In fact I feel that way about many of the positions that I am currently building into slowly. Time will tell I guess.
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    2Reb, My thanks for your kind words. I suspect with my set of existing dividend positions (which I don't plan to add to), plus my 30 for 30 (30 stocks for the next 30 years!), which I'll regularly accumulate, I'll end up with about 40-45 positions in total.
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    Tigger, may we both enjoy the dividends that the big oils look set to continue to give. I've received a few nice ones from BP thus far. My position is actually now even in the black! Hope to enjoy many more dividends from COP and XOM.
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    Sartre, Many thanks. I think purely coincidence that I happened to buy into COP at these price levels. I'm not a very good market timer. It was a business that I liked, with yield that I liked, that appears to be well priced. I'll no doubt be picking it up in the future again at higher prices, but I'm counting on this to keep delivering dividends to my heirs long after I'm gone.
    Apr 15, 2015. 08:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    handbell, nice set of positions that you are invested in there. 4.9% is a pretty handy yield on investment too!
    Apr 15, 2015. 02:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding ConocoPhillips [View article]
    Many thanks Popster, I also own JNJ, VZ as well. My full list of holdings in the article link above.
    Apr 15, 2015. 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment