Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks Frizzo, I wasn't aware of that service, I will have to check that out. If I can cut brokerage even further for my regular accumulation then that will be well worth it.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Buy and Hold,

I am really banking heavily on time and good business selection to help out as far as unfavorable valuations are concerned. I can't disagree with you. Nothing in my list is screaming bargain basement pricing right now. But going out 15-20 years, once I'm done with accumulation, I willing to hazard a guess that the prices I'm buying in at now will certainly seem bargain basement.
    Dec 2, 2014. 05:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    win3688, no problem. What is about what I'm proposing that makes no sense to you? Is is the businesses that I'm investing in, or the fact that I'm proposing to accumulate these regularly and systematically?
    Nov 28, 2014. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    maxnsl, i have to admit that both MCD and KO have been testing me a little in recent times. Less as far as actual share price, but sluggishness in North American markets and declining sales traction have me wondering whether this may be a harbinger of things to come. I'm holding on, because they both have great assets to deliver anything to any place in the world, be it standardized meals or beverages. They also represents small positions in a diversified dividend portfolio.
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Graeme,

I have relied on Morningstar in the past as far valuation estimates are concerned, though fastgraphs looks like a great resource as well. Dave van Knapp referred to his valuation article above. I had the chance to take a look and its a great snapshot of valuation across a range of dividend growth stocks and includes morningstar and fast graph measures
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Packer, Gary,

I have avoided MLPs in the past, which I believe KMI may have been at one point, though I confess I haven't looked at the business all that closely and understand the business has gone through some recent reorganization, so not entirely sure what the tax implications are.

I'll take a closer look again.
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rick, many thanks for the feedback. I too have shortchanged myself too many times letting go of good businesses that continued to rise in value. I have resolved not too do that any more, regardless of how much they move upward, because if you have an infinite horizon, the stock price of a great business should only continue to rise in price.

Thanks for the tip on O, its been some time since I've looked at it. I'll have to check back in and see how the company is travelling.
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dave,

Thanks for the comment. I do plan to stage my investments and build up slowly and steadily. In the next 1-2 years, I'll have a little less to invest so won't be able to deploy as much capital, but will still start making systematic regular investments nonetheless. I will look to accelerate the amount I deploy as a whole in my accumulation portfolio when the general valuation across the portfolio falls, if circumstances permit. With any luck, the timing of when I have more capital available should coincide with when valuations have fallen!

I did have a chance to take a look at your article on the valuation of dividend growth stocks generally. It was very insightful. Thanks for reference to the article.
    Nov 27, 2014. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the tip on LECO xmlstarks, I'll be sure to research this one in more detail.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    liongterm investor, thanks for the tip around the monitoring. I expect that once a year, I'll just review how things stand across the portfolio and do a brief review of how the financials are trending. The great thing with many of these businesses is that their longevity means they've withstood the test of time, so they've got many inherent advantages that should keep momentum moving favorably. Its the outlier scenarios and the unexpected issues that I want to keep an eye out for.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Paper_stax, I understand the logic of your accumulation. I too would look to add to a position to lower my cost base. Sometimes I found in doing so, I'd end up with a greater position in a stock than what I would want to initially accumulate, and the position would invariably bottom further before it was done!.

I think psychologically, if I can tell myself I'm accumulating for a long term duration and just build in nice and slowly I really can ignore the noise and embrace the price declines. For I know with a reasonable degree of confidence that I should be well ahead when my long term accumulation is done.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    hardog, thanks for your comment. Agree- much to be thankful for this thanksgiving!
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

Thanks for the comment. There is probably some level of sector overlap in my Australian positions. However in general, those businesses tend to be more domestically focussed in terms of growth exposure, with the majority of revenues and earnings from Australia. With my US based portfolio, I'm attempting to make a conscious effort to get exposure to businesses that have a global outlook and benefit from global profitability.

In addition, my Australian portfolio is pretty heavy on exposure to banking, telecom and to a lesser extent healthcare, which is why I have underweighted these sectors to some extent in my portfolio here.
    Nov 27, 2014. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dividend Sleuth,

Thanks very much for your comment. That;s quite a sharp rise on BDX. I really like the business a lot. I'm hoping that the next 15 years will throw up a bunch of lower price points at which I can steadily accumulate more stock!
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Miguel,

Thanks for the feedback. I do already own a few existing healthcare positions in Resmed and HealthCare services group, both of which are dividend payers. I'll keep me eye out for some other healthcare positions when some good price points present themselves.

Any health care businesses that you would select I keep an eye out for in particular?
    Nov 26, 2014. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment