Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Visa And MasterCard Provide Tokenization For Apple Pay [View article]
    Digital Tractions News ... see attached link http://bit.ly/1uzModi-
    Sep 12 07:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    I did spend a little bit of time digging into CLB Zokmaster.... This looks to be an excellent find. Amazing returns on equity, solid revenue growth, improving gross and operating margins, focus on production oil wells, good moat. Morningstar analyst is very impressed with this company too. May need to try and free up some capital to dip the toe in.... Any red flags on CLB in your book?
    Sep 11 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Visa And MasterCard Provide Tokenization For Apple Pay [View article]
    Good feedback Chuck. I had actually done a much fuller article that was linked to this one explaining what tokenization was and why it was significant to ma and v. Let me know if that wasn't clear. These news updates are only allowed to be a few paras long. If my more detailed tokenization article wasn't clear, I'll do another
    Sep 11 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    Thanks ZokMaster, appreciate your feedback. I don't believe that a long term hold of either MA or V is unreasonable if initiated at these levels.

CLB- haven't heard of that one. It's one my list for further research. Long term performance of that company looks fantastic though!
    Sep 11 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    Mike, because I own a small growth portfolio which includes a small piece of more speculative names like Twitter and Facebook, I actually find the valuations of these 5 companies to be reasonable, maybe even fair. My experience with Visa and MasterCard was that these companies have solid economics and good growth drivers, they "grow into" what folks perceive to be more expensive valuations.
    Sep 11 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    jijaji, unfortunately I'm not a very good technical trader. I'm purely a fundamental investor. I love to seek out great businesses with good growth potential and just buy them and sit on them. if they fall in price, i just buy some more. Get me a good business with a strong competitive advantage and I'm happy to buy at a fair price, not necessary that it drops to a bargain basement price.
    Sep 11 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    maybenot, very true. I hope to be able to hand over substantial investments in all of these in about 20 or so years when my children are starting to ask what we have saved up for them... needless to say, the positions will come with strict conditions not to be sold!
    Sep 11 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    peterad, Valid question about good entry points. Visa i picked up for about $100, which I recall thinking at the time was a fair price, not necessarily a great price, but the business surpassed my expectation in terms of just how robust its proven to be. MasterCard, I've similarly acquired all pre split. I think both companies are fairly valued now, given their long term potential. That goes the same for Disney, Starbucks and CostCo. I don't think any are really overvalued now. My strategy is to accumulate positions in Disney and Starbucks consistently and regularly on a monthly basis irrespective of prevailing valuation at the time. I figure I'll come out well ahead long term. Visa and MasterCard I already own a tonne of, and won't be buying more unless either has a substantial, major pullback.
    Sep 11 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Disney [View article]
    getgl, I do agree with your view here. The other thing to note is that fast growers is they provide a hedge for when the growth from some of your high yielding, slow growth company's matures and tails off. Instead of being left with a static portfolio with limited growth, you have another set of company's to come in and do the heavy lifting at exactly the time when your dividend portfolio needs it.
    Sep 10 07:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 High-Growth, High-Return Dividend Names To Consider [View article]
    Thanks Siestadreamer, I think slightly younger folks have a time advantage on their side when considering companies like these, precisely because they can wait for a dividend stream to build up. Buffett often spoke of time as a valuable advantage that amateur investors have that professionals don't.
    Interestingly, that may even apply to younger investors as far as dealing with the "strategic hurdle" you mention.

It's a very important point that you raise about the timeframe of retirement, because a 20 year time frame certainly makes these more growth oriented, total return stocks worthy of consideration.
    A lot can happen over 20 years which can upset the economics of more fancied higher yielding dividend payers, and being diversified across stage of growth and yield type is just as important as diversification across asset class and industry, in my opinion.
    Sep 10 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Disney [View article]
    siestadreamer, I have held Visa and MA for quite some time, and am in the process of accumulating starbucks also. I do understand why most dividend investors avoid these stocks. The low yield makes the income return low, and thus an investor is reliant on a more speculative element of capital return to generate the bulk of their total return. Also many DG investors are in a retirement phase, which means that they rely on current income in retirement. I have the luxury of being in an accumulation phase, which I'll probably be in for at least the next 15 years or so. I can afford to wait as some of these lower yielding stocks provide me strong total returns, while rapidly increasing their dividends, and eventually bumping up payout ratios to provide a nice dividend income stream.
    Sep 9 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Disney [View article]
    Stoj, I have my share of high yielding slow growers in my portfolio...I'm looking to add a set of faster growing dividend payers that have a long runway for rising dividends, while producing good total returns. I think Disney could be one of those companies.
    Sep 9 07:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Wireless Growth Drivers Still Appear Strong [View article]
    Both AT&T and Verizon look to be in solid health. Gross margins are hovering around 60% for each. Compare that with Sprint and TMobile in the mid 40's. I also see risk of discounting in the lower, more price sensitive parts of the market. Sprint and TMobile are largely competing between themselves with aggressive discounting and other value providers for this market. I don't see Verizon and AT&T being sucked into going down this route.
    Aug 31 06:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Wireless Growth Drivers Still Appear Strong [View article]
    Veritas,
    I agree with your overall conclusions. I think T can comfortably move forward with a steady 5%+ dividend, with dividend increases at least consistent with inflation. That's a pretty steady solid locked in return in you ask me.
    Aug 31 06:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Recent Price Weakness May Present A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Billyspeed, that's partly where the technology investment that they are making can come to assist. With the ability to preorder and pick up, queuing times in store should decrease. McDonalds will still retain the flexibility to provide diversity in the menu without clogging up the system in store. The issue is that their existing menu still is successful and does appeal to a core demographic (otherwise revenue would have fallen harder then it has), but if they want to continue to attract the milennials, they may have to allow slightly different choices. Technology investment and modifying inventory management can help them to maintain greater choice, whilst ensuring that the supply chain isn't overwhelmed and in store experience doesn't bloat further.
    Aug 28 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment