Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
ADP, BP, CSCO, KO, MSFT, T, V
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Evaluating AT&T [View article]
    Thanks BeachChicken, appreciate the feedback.
    Dec 9 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Evaluating AT&T [View article]
    maybenot,

I don't think T is a "bad" buy at these levels, I'm just not sure it's a "great" buy. In my view, it's likely fairly valued at present levels. Given the anemic dividend growth, I want the certainty of much higher yield up front to make the investment case that much stronger. The 5%+ yield attracted me to the stock, the industry fundamentals (US at least) are still fairly attractive in my view. I'd like a little more upfront yield. I don't think T will get to the levels where I purchased Telstra (10% yield), but I think 6.5% would get me pretty interested.

There would be alot that I could do from a reinvestment perspective with yield at those levels.
    Dec 9 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Evaluating AT&T [View article]
    Thanks Ray, appreciate the feedback. I think it's distinctly possible that AT&T and Voda will combine. T have made no secret of their plans to expand globally. There's not much with sufficient global scale to really move the needle or draw their interest apart from Voda.

Would it make them more compelling as an investment? I struggle with that one. In general, post merger integration is a major pain, and the synergies that you originally expect rarely materialize, on plan or to budget. If you look at Voda's international markets, VZW was the grown jewel. European operations are characterized by slow growth, limited sub loyalty and are very prepaid oriented.

The US teleco's stand out like a sore thumb, probably with their canadian counterparts in terms of their rudeness of good health. It's very hard to find 50%+ gross margins for many global telco's. A voda deal is a sure fire way to get margin dilution in a hurry. Voda itself is a very underwhelming 30% gross margin.

I'd be steering clear of T is they hopped into bed with Voda.
    Dec 9 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Hi Stockinvestor,

I hold core holdings in the Australian banks (Westpac, Commonwealth Bank, National and ANZ since 2009-10). The reason I like these banks is they share characteristics with Canadian banking system. Fairly entrenched, concentrated and good returns on capital. I also hold Telstra, the dominant Telco. Again, I picked this up during a crisis when it was yielding close to 10%, it now yields only 4.5%. I would wait for a better entry point, before buying, all have risen sharply since in the last couple of years.
    Dec 7 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Tops, Froth And What I'm Watching Now [View article]
    I think there could be some good long term potential for the patient investor with Cisco
    Dec 7 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Thanks deercreek, I'm looking forward to continued dividend growth and stock appreciation over the coming years
    Dec 2 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Thanks for the clarification Pentane, my mistake on the overestimation.
    Dec 2 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    The valuation comps provide excellent upside once the distraction of the lawsuit can be overcome
    Dec 2 10:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Thanks Horseman, appreciate the feedback.
    Dec 2 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    The deal with Rosneft does provide access to some compelling assets and political influence. The magnitude of the spill clearly was far worse than Exxon, I think timing of settlement of obligations in that instance could be something to bear in mind as far a when the ultimate liability should be fully discharged
    Dec 2 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Agree, the government initiated actions do stand to have material impacts on the outcome. Arguably a range of possible outcomes in relation to these fines are already priced into the stock, and given similar legal avenues for appeals, could be a long time before any fines gets imposed, appealed and ultimately paid.
    Dec 2 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback Ludo. Interesting that the claims ultimately took so long to get paid out at the end of the day. Not altogether surprising given the mechanics of the legal system.
    Dec 2 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding BP [View article]
    Thanks for the comment...well aware of the class settlement... the vagaries of what constitutes a claim and validity of amount will be debated by various parties, their lawyers and court appointed administrators, decided and settled which is what is exactly what is occuring now
    Dec 2 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Tops, Froth And What I'm Watching Now [View article]
    Thanks Juds, Agree that multiple expansion accounts for a significant driving force behind recent market moves up. I am happy taking a back seat till sometime next year
    Nov 27 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 And Under 100k Portfolio  [View instapost]
    That's a good looking portfolio!. I'd try and diversify PBA a little more...looks like its a disproportionally large part of the portfolio
    Oct 22 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment