Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    Thanks DD. I think a long term accumulation time frame makes this plan workable. I'm excited to see how it comes together. Not sure if accumulating at elevated historical valuations would make as much sense if I was in retirement phase, as its likely at some point that we'll see some share price compression
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    i'd suggest also considering Colgate, Clorox, Pepsi and maybe Hershey's to your list.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: 2014 Q4 Update [View article]
    Hhmiles,

Not sure about that one. They have a big cash balance, some good low cost production assets. I also view a sub $50 oil price as temporary. Higher cost, less well funded players will likely fall by the wayside in the next 6-12 mths, particularly as hedges roll off.
    Jan 5, 2015. 08:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Thanks Get Rich. Curious to know what changes you'd make, or which stocks you'd substitute.
    Dec 24, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Dale,
    I don't disagree. 10 companies should be considered a minimum just to get the ball rolling. I hold close to 30 companies in my accumulation index, plus another 10-12 stocks as individual dividend positions.
    Dec 24, 2014. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Thanks Grasshopper. Probably no surprise that I also own and continue to add SBUX, V, DIS and COST. Nike is also in the mix for good measure also....
    Dec 23, 2014. 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Fair point Mike. I may need to consider a more moaty substitute for COP.... I think Verizon may be a good replacement. Moat protected by virtue of regulation, spectrum holdings, and dominant market share.
    Dec 23, 2014. 07:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    cbd, great strategy in my book. I am pursuing a similar periodic accumulation strategy investing in 30 high quality dividend paying companies on a quarterly basis. I tend to agree with you on the valuation point, as these companies will surely be worth more in 30+ years than what they are today.
    Your granddaughter is fortunate for your foresight in planning out such a well thought investment strategy for her.
    Dec 23, 2014. 06:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    JohnWilson, I tend to echo Robert's comment above. I was looking at the lower yielding dividend stocks as providing solid near term total returns and capital appreciation, dividend income increases at substantially more than the rate of inflation and the opportunity for sizable long term dividend income.
    Dec 23, 2014. 06:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Valuation is a bit of a downer with most on my list of 10 Blue Sky, none are really at bargain basement prices except maybe COP. Agree that T and Verizon also still represent really good value here. I own VZ in my accumulation index. Not as familiar with GILD & CELG. Thanks for recommendation. I'll do some additional research on these.

Best wishes to you also for 2015!
    Dec 23, 2014. 06:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    B&H, I tend to agree that all these stocks should be appropriate for folks of any age. I was more sensitive to the fact that people in retirement may prefer current higher yield, as opposed to lower initial yield and stronger growth. Notwithstanding that, I think the 10 businesses I've listed are really high quality and should be strong long term performers.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 10 Stocks For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Mark A. I take your point, but I think the scale of its reserves and economies of scale in production afford it a cost advantage, which is really the only source of a moat in natural resources in my view. The fact that the company is a price taker may diminish this somewhat, but I'm remain long term bullish on oil prices, current excess capacity and price volatility notwithstanding.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 4 [View article]
    Ha Ha!! Thanks for the comment mlasell
    Dec 18, 2014. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Network Function Virtualization Impact Cisco? [View article]
    Thanks User, agree with the nuances on SDN and NFV that you described above.
    Dec 17, 2014. 09:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Network Function Virtualization Impact Cisco? [View article]
    I think the Cisco business has shown some stabilization of revenue declines in key markets ex APAC, which continues to show declines. That things aren't as bad as expected, and that Cisco management expects some turnaround within the next few years is providing investors hope.
    Dec 17, 2014. 09:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment