Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Fcfrag, hadn't looked at buying options on Fast stock, though I'm very comfortable directly owning the underlying.
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Rado, interesting. I wasn't aware HD provided customized selection and delivery. I'll need to check the range of HD's inventory vs Fastenal. Thanks for the comment.
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Stopprintin, I agree that the payout doesnt leave much room to be hiked... but historical growth and future forecasts look pretty good to me, as far as generating dividends purely from org growth
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    WDL, I believe Fast raised dividend from $0.25 to $0.28 in January of this year? Was there some other period earler on where you are saying there was no dividend increase?
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    The better growth profile of Lowes attracted me, as well as the likely low hanging fruit with earnings margin which should help drive some strong near term profitability. HD is also a good choice in my book.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    I think Lowes can do quite a bit to improve op margins from where it is. Will be harder for HD to do similar, thus, my slight preference for Lowes because I feel it should have more upside with some basic attention to operational efficiency
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    mango_man, Lowes is no 2 in terms of market share. Home improvements is still a pretty fragmented market, so players that have large market share get numerous scale economies in sourcing, logistics, marketing and brand awareness. Also return on invested capital comfortably exceeds cost of capital, which gives Lowes a wide moat.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    Common cents, I'm really looking to hold what I accumulate here for life. I welcome further price falls. I'm buying every quarter, the same 30 stocks, for likely the next 10 years,
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    jjb5154, I am accumulating a group of 30 stocks which includes JNJ, PEP, HSY, SBUX, ADP, CSX, DIS, COP, XOM, USB, WFC, AMGN, FAST among others. Full list of 30 can be found in the link in the article body.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Hardog, motifinvesting is the service I use
    Mar 23, 2015. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing, Part 3 [View article]
    dogerbob,

I think I responded to this on another article, but I want to own the best business that can give me solid, dependable income 15 years or so from now when I really need it. Some low yielding business with strong growth and low payout ratio could be those dependable dividend paying businesses 15 or so years from now. In the mean time, I think total return from some of those businesses will be very good. Hence my interest. I don't own too many of these businesses in my portfolio. Maybe 15-20% or so of all the names I have.
    Mar 22, 2015. 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    seviay,

CSX-- figured there was more margin improvements to be had vs UNP and NSC, its been a relative underperformer from a margin perspective, has gone quite some way to closing that gap.

Lowes-- slightly more attractive in terms of current valuation, frankly could have gone with either.

Visa, MA are favorite businesses of mine. They are largest individual positions I own in my US portfolio.
    Mar 22, 2015. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks currant, sure hope it turns out that way!
    Mar 22, 2015. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Janman, thanks for the recommendation, I'll put it on my watch list for future diligence.
    Mar 21, 2015. 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Thanks CapeCod, appreciate the feedback!
    Mar 21, 2015. 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment