Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing: Q1 2015 Update [View article]
    Very satisified with my due diligence on this. They have the appropriate guarantees on account that you would get with more established brokerages in terms of asset protection, offer a legitimate help desk, customer service etc. Of course, there are alternatives like Loyal3 and a few others, but I'm happy with motif this far. My strategy wouldn't be possible with a more established brokerage, as it would just be prohibitively expensive.
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Big Thunder, yeah its a bit of a concern.... however I for one don't believe oil prices will remain at these levels long term. They should rise once supply and demand imbalance resolves itself, which will happen as expensive capacity comes offline. Also I guess its just one position in my 30, so I'm happy to see how things go with this
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    High on Divs,
    I do believe that XOM, Lowes do have pretty good moats. If you look at returns on capital and on equity, they've been comfortably earning above cost of capital for an extended period of time.
    Conoco Philips moat may be eroding with declining oil prices. I concede I may have got this one wrong.
    Verizon's moat is still pretty good if you ask me. Licensing, capex cost and spectrum serve as large barriers to entry. Only the biggest survive in telecom long term. Sprint and T-Mo will eventually be also rans, because they dont cover costs (ie large losses), and don't appear to have any strategy to do so.
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve, I'm pretty happy with my 2.2% effective yield. That may not be enough for some... I have a nice dividend pile I'm sitting on already, which I want to enhance and fortify over the next 10-15 years.

Being a partner in these high quality businesses over that time frame and consistently picking up these dividends will do me just fine. Of course, I realize my approach isn't for everyone.
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks sjf310, my strategy is really a very long term one, with accumulation in good times and bad. I'm aware I may not be buying at bargain basement now. By the same token, times will eventually switch and that's when I'll make out well.
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    zulu- shaka, no idea how markets and valuations will move once rate cycle happens. That's why my plan is to just invest consistently and regularly over different cycles
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Thanks user, Grainger also looks like a good way to play the space as well. strong roe, good growth, discount to fair value. I think FAST has slightly better growth profile, but Grainger looks like it warrants further investigation also
    Apr 1, 2015. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Fcfrag, hadn't looked at buying options on Fast stock, though I'm very comfortable directly owning the underlying.
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Rado, interesting. I wasn't aware HD provided customized selection and delivery. I'll need to check the range of HD's inventory vs Fastenal. Thanks for the comment.
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    Stopprintin, I agree that the payout doesnt leave much room to be hiked... but historical growth and future forecasts look pretty good to me, as far as generating dividends purely from org growth
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Fastenal [View article]
    WDL, I believe Fast raised dividend from $0.25 to $0.28 in January of this year? Was there some other period earler on where you are saying there was no dividend increase?
    Mar 31, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    The better growth profile of Lowes attracted me, as well as the likely low hanging fruit with earnings margin which should help drive some strong near term profitability. HD is also a good choice in my book.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    I think Lowes can do quite a bit to improve op margins from where it is. Will be harder for HD to do similar, thus, my slight preference for Lowes because I feel it should have more upside with some basic attention to operational efficiency
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    mango_man, Lowes is no 2 in terms of market share. Home improvements is still a pretty fragmented market, so players that have large market share get numerous scale economies in sourcing, logistics, marketing and brand awareness. Also return on invested capital comfortably exceeds cost of capital, which gives Lowes a wide moat.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Lowe's [View article]
    Common cents, I'm really looking to hold what I accumulate here for life. I welcome further price falls. I'm buying every quarter, the same 30 stocks, for likely the next 10 years,
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment