Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    hiteshastan, thanks for your words. The stocks that I'm holding represent my set of choices based on my criterion including my familarity and comfort level. There is an extensive set of Dividend Aristocrats that you could look to beyond what I've selected if additional options are of interest.
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    Thanks Rose!. I don't know about success just yet, but I tell you that its a path that gives me satisfaction and peace of mind. That in and of itself is priceless for me.
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    Thanks for your kind works, Dividend Sleuth. I feel its important for all of us to contribute back to the platform. Its a perspective that investors can evaluate, draw from and critique, but ultimately use as a base to form their own plan, whether similar or different.
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    JMajoris,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm looking forward to seeing what the total returns and dividend income that are generated from this strategy come out to in 30 years time.
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    Dale,

I like that... letting alpha come to you instead of seeking it. Great way to look at things!. Frankly, I was quite surprised at just how strong returns have been for these more mature, yet stable businesses. That they have such longevity, but such strong returns makes a powerful case for just holding them and doing nothing with them.

I agree with you- inaction is an investors best weapon when's one's arsenal is chock o block full of powerful tools!
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of My Approach To Dividend Income [View article]
    Aikman,

Many thanks for your feedback!. I am glad this was helpful.
    Jun 19, 2015. 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Design An Elegant Portfolio: What I've Learned From Seeking Alpha's Practitioners [View article]
    Wow, what a great article. So many pearls of wisdom in here that I look forward to rereading. Thanks for including me in this amazing group of contributors.
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: JNJ Q2 2015 Buy [View article]
    Yes, I have BDX in my portfolio and am accumulating steadily. Great business.
    Jun 16, 2015. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: JNJ Q2 2015 Buy [View article]
    Thanks 1213 palms, I appreciate the sentiment.
    Jun 16, 2015. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: JNJ Q2 2015 Buy [View article]
    6685071, My thoughts exactly. I've assembled a core of strong dividend payers including some aristocrats. P&G, Verizon, JNJ, Colgate, Clorox, CSX BDX and others. I buy them quarterly, and then I'm reinvesting along the way. I don't know if you've read " The Future for Investors" by Siegel. Completely convinced me that this is the right way to build up a tidy nest egg and some strong dividend income, with modest risk.

Best.
    Jun 16, 2015. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: JNJ Q2 2015 Buy [View article]
    Stephen,

Short term downtrends don't concern me too much. I have my eyes on the prize 30 years out as far as JNJ stock price and dividend go, and I like what I'm seeing from here.
    Jun 15, 2015. 02:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 30 Stocks For 30 Years: Q2 2015 Buys [View article]
    Gary, my present portfolio is largely Aussie dividend payers. Given I'm in the US, I face long term declining exchange rate risk on my present dividend income which I need to mitigate for the long term, aud is likely overvalued at present. We recently bought a house, so most of my money is heading to mortgage, leaving little excess for investment.
    Jun 13, 2015. 11:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 30 Stocks For 30 Years: Q2 2015 Buys [View article]
    Dodger,

Yield on my accumulation portfolio is ~2.3%, which is higher than S&P 500 last time I checked. I have a bunch of 3%+ yielders, and a smattering of lower yield, but likely strong total return. I don't need income right now, but I'll need it down the line. So I'm happy to take a slow and steady approach to building it up.
    Jun 13, 2015. 10:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 30 Stocks For 30 Years: Q2 2015 Buys [View article]
    Dividend Junkie,

Actually you can just switch out the individual stock and swap in another stock as a one time trade. No need to sell the whole motif. The motif is really a collection of individual stocks so you have underlying stock ownership in a discrete holding. You'd just sell the holding you didn't want, and for future accumulation, substitute a different stock into the motif.
    Jun 13, 2015. 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 30 Stocks For 30 Years: Q2 2015 Buys [View article]
    Great question. I've been thinking through this a little more and generally all of those actions would imply some deterioration in the business (ie freeze, cut, elimination). I don't think freeze or cut should be an automatic trigger to sell. Some great businesses that are in my accumulation portfolio in fact did freeze or cut dividends during 2008-2009, but those same dividends have now bounced back strongly in many cases, and total returns have been good throughout. Markets and economies occasionally go through dislocation that isnt the fault of the company, so I don't want to penalize the company for what may just be a short term market issue, which was the case in many instances. This is particularly so if its a macro event.

Elimination of the dividend on the other hand is a different issue. In that case I may be predisposed to selling, particularly if it implied some underlying cash problem in the business.
    Jun 13, 2015. 06:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment