Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
ADP, BP, CSCO, KO, MSFT, T, V
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks for the comment mostserene. I do have a couple of high yielders in the portfolio (what I refer to as dividend sloths) which I happened to pick up at ridiculous discounts. I use the dividends from the sloths to invest in classic dividend growth stocks that have better dividend increases than the sloths
    Jul 16 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Hi zizhao, see attached for a full list of my holdings, including Australian holdings
    Jul 16 07:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Pkan. I've been following a dividend investing approach for 10 years, I started in my mid 20's. My goal is to get to $50k/yr, I think it will take me another 5 years or so, with reinvestments and fresh additions to the portfolio. If it takes longer than that, thats okay to. I'm not planning to stop doing anything I do today because I happen to hit that mark.
    Jul 16 07:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    On the Aussie dividends, I hold fully franked dividends, for which there is no withholding tax payable, so I just pay US dividend tax on those dividends given the Tax treaty thats in place between Australia and the US.
    Jul 15 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    jstein, I hold a number of Australian stocks, as well as US stocks. The total portfolio value is around $750k, for an effective yield of about 3.6%. Australian stocks tend to pay higher yields than US stocks. The full portfolio can be found here http://bit.ly/13nwxhs
    Jul 15 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Buffalo, I'm looking at CL as a high quality, defensible dividend payor exhibiting strong growth with a large moat. I'm happy to pay a fair price for a quality stock. Earnings will continue to increase, as will dividends and eventually stock price.
    Jul 15 08:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Bernie, I ultimately focus on total stock return, but I believe total return will be driven by people bidding up a solid high quality dividend yield as that dividend gets increased . In Apples case, while I think there is a very good prospect for strong capital returns, i think Apple will be able to raise dividends consistently many years going forward. This will drive people into Apple stock as they look at the increasing yield and the increase stock price over time.
    Jul 15 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Holly, Agree with you on diversification. I hold close to 40 positions in total. It becomes all the more important as your total portfolio increases in size. I can't stomach the though of $50k losses on an individual position.
    Jul 15 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Gabriella, the full list of stocks in my portfolio can be found here.
    Jul 15 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks Croatkid. I'm not familiar with these stocks, so I'll check them out. I typically like to see some sort of moat or defensible competitive position when I invest, so i'm not sure if these will meet the criterion, but I'll still take a look. Yields that high are a little unusual, so I'm not if the dividends will be sustainable at these levels. Appreciate the tips.
    Jul 15 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Peace, I'm happy to pay a fair price for quality, largely because I'll be in accumulation mode for at least the next 20 years. I'm comfortable that the intrinsic values of things like Coca Cola and MCD will continue to rise, hence Ill keep accumulating quality at reasonable prices and benefiting from an increasing dividend stream and strong total returns.
    Jul 15 08:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks for the comment harborclub. I have been thinking about selling OTM puts on some dividend stocks that I'd like to own but which I consider a little too expensive. Its a strategy I can see some appeal in.
    Jul 15 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks Sum. I hope it was of value.
    Jul 15 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback Bluesky, I like the look of what you have assembled here. You are spot on with MCD. A $10k investment in MCD 10 years ago would have netted you $80k today....that would have left in the dust the equivalent return from bonds I am sure. I still don't understand why folks believe dividend stocks like MCD carry high risk. These are proven business models, that have been cash generating for many years, selling a simple, proven product that has endured with consumers. It could be the folly of being in my mid 30's, but I'll take my chance with this type of investment than the risk of earning negative real returns with bonds.

One of my sweet spots is dividend paying mid cap companies. I'm drawn to the strong growth potential, but also the fact these companies are stable enough to be cash generating . Hence I can understand the attraction to growth stocks like SBUX etc.
    Jul 15 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q2 2013 Update [View article]
    Thanks maybenot. I believe BP represents good value here. I believe that we will see a similar outcome to Exxon Valdez impact on Exxon years ago and that the company will emerge stronger without too much impact years from now. There's a reasonable margin of safety, so I am happy with my odds here.
    Jul 15 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment