Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Thanks Oysters, unfortunately the low cost brokerage I use doesn't let me automatically reinvest dividends, but I really can't complain. There's no other way I know of that I'd be able to buy a basket of 30 stocks in one go, in such small amts regularly for $10 a trade. I do agree that reinvestment would help accelerate the compounding process. I'll try to look into alternatives for that.
    Mar 21, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Got it, thanks for the clarification.
    Mar 21, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding U.S. Bancorp [View article]
    Thanks Eric, appreciate the feedback
    Mar 21, 2015. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Increasing My Stake In PepsiCo [View article]
    Thanks Banker, appreciate the feedback
    Mar 20, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    Faye, you raise some good points. I think deploying a large sum of capital is certainly much more difficult to do where you are suspect on the valuations at play. I view my method of investing here as similar to steady regular investments in an index for a 401k, They are set, routine, small contributions that happen automatically without effort. That's how I've invested my 401k over the last 5 years. The investments have occurred at high valuations and low ones over this period of time, and when I last checked in, my small contributions have added up to a whopping sum that I can scarcely believe, even though the balance has moved up and down over that time.
    I'm viewing my current deployment of regular capital in a similar manner. It will be invested at market high points and low points, in small amounts. I hope that when I check in after 15 years, I not only have a large accumulated capital balance, but also a nice set of dividends to go along with it!
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    that's my thinking also. steady accumulation over a 10-15 year period will bring high and low valuation points, however intrinsic value of the business should steadily grind forward. net net, i think I'll be better off, with my position at a higher price point at the end of my accumulation period.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    merlendale, I'm not so sure about dangerously overvalued. the company may be expensive, though I dont see if as bubble territory
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    I think the likelihood that Hershey gets disrupted be technology forces has to be pretty slim, unless we start preferring taking chocolate substitutes in some parallel virtual reality type experience !
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    thanks for the comment jobehro, appreciate the feedback
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding The Hershey Company [View article]
    Thanks TheJesse, Hersey would definitely look more attractive at the levels that you mention. I'm not sure when we'll get there either. That said, I'm happy to keep placing small regular amounts in the company. Over the course of 10-15 years, I think high and low points on valuation will balance themselves out.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Wells Fargo [View article]
    Thanks, too much trading was a fault in the past. I sold out some really good companies too early because I thought they had overshot valuation measures. It also cost me in terms of unncessary tax leakage. I've resolved for no more rebalancing. I'll let my winners ride, and losers wither.
    Mar 17, 2015. 08:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Wells Fargo [View article]
    Dale,

I definitely want to hold less exposure to the australian market as a % of my overall exposure. I have gotten it down to about 40%, but I really want this to eventually just be no more than 20%, with the rest being comprised of broad based exposure to a collection of large multinationals, diversified international indices like the S&P 500. I estimate it will probably take me 15-20 years to achieve that goal given the size of the Australian base, but I can't bring myself to sell anything in there just yet. I'm also not making anymore active investments in Australian equities .
    Mar 17, 2015. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Wells Fargo [View article]
    Thanks gap123, I'll have to take a more detailed look at Nucor, although a quick glance suggests its a little more cyclical in nature than what I'd like, with a lower ROE than what I aim for. I'll have to dig in deeper, thanks for the suggestion/
    Mar 16, 2015. 07:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Wells Fargo [View article]
    Fcfrag, I'm not saying Wells is bargain basement here, because its not. I think its roughly fair value, and I'm happy to accumulate. Medium term earnings growth looks good, there is scope for dividend payout to rise. I believe intrinsic value of the company at the end of my accumulation phase will be much higher than where the share price is today. For all those reasons, I'm happy to continue steadily building my position, consistently and regularly every quarter.
    Mar 16, 2015. 07:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Wells Fargo [View article]
    egray66, I completely agree. It removes much of the emotion out of accumulating a position for me, and allows me to buy a dividend fund of my own in a very low cost manner without ongoing management fees, self selected with best of breed companies. I'm very happy I stumbled on this myself. It's my preferred way to invest going forward.
    Mar 16, 2015. 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment