Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    Rick, many thanks for the feedback. I too have shortchanged myself too many times letting go of good businesses that continued to rise in value. I have resolved not too do that any more, regardless of how much they move upward, because if you have an infinite horizon, the stock price of a great business should only continue to rise in price.

Thanks for the tip on O, its been some time since I've looked at it. I'll have to check back in and see how the company is travelling.
    Nov 27, 2014. 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dave,

Thanks for the comment. I do plan to stage my investments and build up slowly and steadily. In the next 1-2 years, I'll have a little less to invest so won't be able to deploy as much capital, but will still start making systematic regular investments nonetheless. I will look to accelerate the amount I deploy as a whole in my accumulation portfolio when the general valuation across the portfolio falls, if circumstances permit. With any luck, the timing of when I have more capital available should coincide with when valuations have fallen!

I did have a chance to take a look at your article on the valuation of dividend growth stocks generally. It was very insightful. Thanks for reference to the article.
    Nov 27, 2014. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the tip on LECO xmlstarks, I'll be sure to research this one in more detail.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    liongterm investor, thanks for the tip around the monitoring. I expect that once a year, I'll just review how things stand across the portfolio and do a brief review of how the financials are trending. The great thing with many of these businesses is that their longevity means they've withstood the test of time, so they've got many inherent advantages that should keep momentum moving favorably. Its the outlier scenarios and the unexpected issues that I want to keep an eye out for.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Paper_stax, I understand the logic of your accumulation. I too would look to add to a position to lower my cost base. Sometimes I found in doing so, I'd end up with a greater position in a stock than what I would want to initially accumulate, and the position would invariably bottom further before it was done!.

I think psychologically, if I can tell myself I'm accumulating for a long term duration and just build in nice and slowly I really can ignore the noise and embrace the price declines. For I know with a reasonable degree of confidence that I should be well ahead when my long term accumulation is done.
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    hardog, thanks for your comment. Agree- much to be thankful for this thanksgiving!
    Nov 27, 2014. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

Thanks for the comment. There is probably some level of sector overlap in my Australian positions. However in general, those businesses tend to be more domestically focussed in terms of growth exposure, with the majority of revenues and earnings from Australia. With my US based portfolio, I'm attempting to make a conscious effort to get exposure to businesses that have a global outlook and benefit from global profitability.

In addition, my Australian portfolio is pretty heavy on exposure to banking, telecom and to a lesser extent healthcare, which is why I have underweighted these sectors to some extent in my portfolio here.
    Nov 27, 2014. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dividend Sleuth,

Thanks very much for your comment. That;s quite a sharp rise on BDX. I really like the business a lot. I'm hoping that the next 15 years will throw up a bunch of lower price points at which I can steadily accumulate more stock!
    Nov 26, 2014. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Miguel,

Thanks for the feedback. I do already own a few existing healthcare positions in Resmed and HealthCare services group, both of which are dividend payers. I'll keep me eye out for some other healthcare positions when some good price points present themselves.

Any health care businesses that you would select I keep an eye out for in particular?
    Nov 26, 2014. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dave, thanks for the comments. I'd much rather get ahead with execution of my plan and steadily accumulate rather than sit around and wait for the optimal buy points. I'm not even sure what my personal circumstances may be at the point of such a future market bottom and if I'd be able to go all in at such a point, so getting on with building positions in the best businesses in a predictable, planned and systematic way is going to be the way I get things done.
    Nov 26, 2014. 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    BuyandHold,

Thank you. I read your comments on my last article with great interest and resolved to try and emulate some of your success which came from just buying and hanging onto positions with strong competitive advantages. I realize I could probably do better with some patience and waiting to time the market better on market weakness, but really having the discipline to do so hasn't been my strongest point, so I wanted to modify my strategy to make these flaws less prominent.

Thanks again for your previous comments, they were quite an inspiration about the power of taking a really long term view.
    Nov 26, 2014. 02:44 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Mike. One of my major downfalls as an investor in recent times has been an inability to remain completely detached and work out good buy points and then get jittery when stock prices rises above levels that seems to be fair value.

So I've resolved to pick my basket of stocks and then just set everything to autopilot, and let time take care of the rest.
    Nov 26, 2014. 02:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola's Monster Deal Gives Me Long-Term Optimism [View article]
    Schungster, Coca Cola stock is a classic buy, hold and generate long term wealth stock my friend! I don't know what else to tell you. if you are looking to get rich faster, this may not be the holding for you.
    Nov 12, 2014. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Challenges As A Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Paul- you are right- i think there is a place for high total return stocks and growth stocks in any portfolio. I very much do want to continue increasing my dividend income near term as well.
    Nov 10, 2014. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Challenges As A Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Thanks Rose. Lots to learn and many insights to gather from all here. Love hearing these stories of people who bought 40-50 years ago and never sold and have compounded large capital gains in the interim.
    Nov 10, 2014. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment