Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
ADP, BP, CSCO, KO, MSFT, T, V
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    Absolutely Tomlos. Thanks again for the feedback!
    Apr 16 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    I hear you on missed regrets with MCD. In 2009 I managed to buy in around the low 50's. Stock was since sold, and it doesn't look like low 50's are coming back anytime soon
    Apr 15 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    DD,

Current portfolio yield is around 4%. Thats been driven by some large positions in some of the big Australian banks and Telstra, which was entered into at a yield on cost of around 10% about 2 years ago. Needless to say, stock has appreciated substantially since then.
    Apr 15 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    Robert, agree on PAYX. Dividend growth has been fairly weak these last few years, but it had a history of pretty solid increases prior to this period. My feeling with this one is that a recovery in employment and in interest rates will help move Paychex along. Both have been missing these last few years which is why the growth has been subdued.

I'm actually most interested in trying to top up my position in McDonalds, if i get a chance to buy on any pullback
    Apr 15 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    Thanks Larry, I do as well. It helps me think through where I should be looking for possible opportunities
    Apr 15 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio: Q1 Update [View article]
    Thanks Tomlos. It takes much effort and discipline to put together a plan and stick with it, but you will slowly and surely see the rewards for your work over time with each dividend increase.
    Apr 15 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Nathan, excellent advise yet again. Avoiding disasters with moderate steady dividend growers that you can continually reinvest in is surely a steady, but more assured path to wealth.
    Apr 5 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. It looks like IID is a high yield dividend fund run by ING. The one thing that I would be cautious of is the expense ratio that is charged by the fund, which looks to be close to 1.3%p.a . That can eat up a lot of your return over many years. I'd suggest considering individual stocks over time like some of the ones I reference such as McDonalds, Coca Cola etc, which you can get into relatively cheaply (commission wise) and which for which you won't have to pay such a large expense for annually.
    Apr 5 11:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Interesting, the stock must have been extremely volatile around that time. Amazing it shows $83,000 for the 10 year period to today from a $10,000 investment. To have held McDonald stock in 2003!
    Apr 5 08:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Stephen,
    April 11th, 2003 I see a stock price for MCD of around $15.78, compared with the $100 or so it is today, so a little more than 6x. I looked at Google Finance for the numbers. I'm not sure where the variation is?
    Apr 5 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Jagahatshi, At the $50k mark, I don't know that I would entirely live off the dividends, and retire as such, but I'd certainly look to use the dividend income to fund a different lifestyle, probably different type of job that is more stress free with more leisure activity thrown in!
    Mar 27 10:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks Emile. I generally leverage Morningstar for dividend history. I believe you can get 10 year dividend history on the site. Otherwise most investor relations pages for companies should have the history also.
    Mar 27 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks AdamRugg! I also wish I started many years ago!! The good news is at 29, you still have a long runway in front of you for dividend growth and reinvestment!
    Mar 27 10:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks for the comment McAttack. I have a lot in Australian stocks because I am pretty familiar with the Australian market, and dividend yields and growth have been fairly good, and even smaller cap companies pay out good dividends in the Australian market. The main ramifications are tax related, but there is no witholding tax on Australian franked dividends to ny knowledge and there is a Australia-US tax treaty in place, which means these dividends generally get tax liked qualified dividends from what I understand. I don't believe DRIPs are available on all ADR's.
    Mar 27 10:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors - Part 2 [View article]
    thanks for the comment Dan. Most of my holdings are in taxable accounts. I do have a 401k also. I am looking to deploy more of my holdings into a Roth for better tax shelter, but started off with taxable accounts because I wanted to access my dividends well before retirement age.
    Mar 27 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment