Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding CVS [View article]
    I actually think CVS still represents reasonable value today for a position to continue to be added. PEG ratio looks very appealing at present
    May 8, 2015. 08:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding CVS [View article]
    2Reb, I look at my portfolio on a blended basis, and it currently throws off 2.3% yield, greater than the S&P. Of course, within that mix, I'll have some slightly lower yielding positions. If anything, I prefer slightly lower current yield rather than higher yield for tax purposes. In an ideal world, the moment I switched over to fulltime passive income dependence is when I'd love the dividend spigots to be opened. Until then, dividend income is really a tax leakage, because I'm unable to hold and shelter this in tax deferred accounts. Hence, a slight preference for lower yield and faster growth, which has the better chance of being a long term play that provides solid longer term dividend income.
    May 8, 2015. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding CVS [View article]
    Sakelaris, I was also pleasantly surprised with how strong total returns have been for the business over the last 10 years. With favorable demographics and industry trends, this will only assist the business
    May 8, 2015. 08:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding CVS [View article]
    CVS have very good national scale and coverage for the retail stores, probably explaining why the are so prevalent nationally
    May 8, 2015. 08:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Adding Wabtec [View article]
    Hardog, I was pleasantly surprised to discover this gem of a company also. Think this could be a nice little earner for me for years to come. Small dividend, but this could be a nice income stream for me to draw from when I need it.
    May 8, 2015. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Agree with ozcutty, the Apple product runs on V, MCs payment rails. Apple could eventually disintermediate the payment networks with a direct relationship with the consumer and pushing merchants closed loop product, but I don't see them doing that as it takes them outside their core business of devices and software. I don't think they want to be more in payments at this stage, but who really knows what their intentions are.
    May 2, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Also great business, I think MA probably slightly better priced, which is why I added to my MA holdings. Having said that, accumulation of Visa even here should serve a long term investor pretty well.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    I own both, and each are individually major positions in my portfolio. Both are powerful members of a growing duopoly. If you had a preference for international growth, you may go with MA, but I'd just buy both.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    I actually do think that MA is still undervalued at these levels. Its hard a strong run over the last 5 years or so, but earnings growth has been so good, and prospects look so good that I think it will continue to deliver.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    2Reb,

Its really really hard to build an alternate payment system. You need a lot to go right for you. Consumers need to adopt you, merchants need to accept you, and regulators need to like you (just ask BitCoin). I wouldn't say that any one of these can't be overcome, but you put all 3 together and thats a really tall order. And then the question becomes, what value are you offering that makes your product incrementally better?
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Many thanks for the comment. I've realized with great companies that any sort of sale isn't a good one if you have a really long time horizon. MasterCard is a business that I'd put in that upper echelon of top class, reliable, stable businesses.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Growth Portfolio: Topping Up MasterCard [View article]
    Nice Chuck!, I hope to be in a similar position some day :)
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    2reb, solar and wind have been mentioned as substitutes for years. Though you are seeing selective use cases for alternative energy, I just don't see it at low enough cost to make it solely viable At scale in industrial applications, the key oil consumption factor. I could be wrong here, but I still see a bright future for holders of low cost oil reserves for the next 30 yrs.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Jay, interesting question. I've been assembling what I think are best of breed today. Businesses that have the longevity to last the next 30 years. I can't say with confidence that what is assembled in these dividend efts fits that need. Also some have high expense ratios, frequent churn, and speculative companies with high gearing and poor fundamentals. If I didn't need my income to last me so long, I may not care as much.
    Additionally, current yield isn't so important to me, but staying power and strong fundamentals are. I feel that my business will all kick in a nice income stream when I need it in 15 years or so.
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Exxon Mobil [View article]
    That's cape cod for the feedback!
    Apr 23, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment