Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Your Portfolio's Long-Term Dividend Growth Rate Is Your Total Return [View article]
    Solid, clear and impressive logic. A great article that lays out in a compelling way the connection between dividend growth, stock appreciation and total return. Nice job! Thanks also for the link.
    Jan 23, 2013. 06:19 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Adding Starbucks [View article]
    Ry1982, thats forward PE of 24 :) . Historical PE is not so applicable for SBUX given the large litigation charge they took in 2013 that distorted 2013 earnings... so 230x PE is misleading
    Sep 14, 2014. 09:51 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Recent Price Weakness May Present A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Houdini, McDonald's efforts to reengage the millennials are still pretty nascent, so I think it's a bit soon to right them off!. Using tech as a way to engage a younger base has worked for other mature co's such as Starbucks, some of the banks. I'm not counting out MCD just yet.
    Aug 28, 2014. 05:38 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback Mo Money 79. I recently added MCD to my portfolio as well. I hold the bulk of my positions in a taxable account as I plan to live off my dividend income well before retirement age, if things work out!
    Integrator
    Mar 5, 2013. 09:20 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Strategy For Objective, Emotionless Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    BuyandHold,

Thank you. I read your comments on my last article with great interest and resolved to try and emulate some of your success which came from just buying and hanging onto positions with strong competitive advantages. I realize I could probably do better with some patience and waiting to time the market better on market weakness, but really having the discipline to do so hasn't been my strongest point, so I wanted to modify my strategy to make these flaws less prominent.

Thanks again for your previous comments, they were quite an inspiration about the power of taking a really long term view.
    Nov 26, 2014. 02:44 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Biggest Benefit Of Verizon And AT&T May Be Low Volatility [View article]
    Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Each represents one half of a strong US telecom duopoly. Sprint and T Mobile are largely a sideshow at this stage.
    Oct 15, 2014. 08:57 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Biggest Benefit Of Verizon And AT&T May Be Low Volatility [View article]
    Lack of volatility is often underestimated... it's weeks like this one that show the value of having stocks that allow you to sleep at night
    Oct 15, 2014. 08:56 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: Buy For Yield, Stay For Growth [View article]
    jstratt,
    great question. i was in a similar bind with JNJ just a couple of years ago. The company had flattish revenues, was on the back of a big acquisition of Synthes that I was skeptical about (in my experience, acquisitions tend to always be botched went integrated). It was 2012, and I sold off JNJ thinking it's growth days were behind it. I maintained that view even in early 2013. I forever immortalized my folly on JNJ here: http://bit.ly/1ngnIB9.
    Fast forward a couple of years and the stock trades over $100, after I disposed it for mid $60's . I may have got it wrong with JNJ, but that's not a bet I'm willing to take with Coca Cola. Coke are making the investments in growing segments....these take time to show through in overall growth when your major money maker is flatish in it's major markets.
    My lesson from JNJ experience....never write off great companies. That's not a mistake I'm willing to repeat again with Coke.
    Aug 21, 2014. 07:21 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Investing Creates Wealth And Income [View article]
    Pompano:
    Thanks for the comment. The scenario you outline with stronger economic growth should also be good for the businesses paying dividends. In fact, I'd expect them to be generating stronger profits and higher dividends in such a scenario, even with rising bond yields.
    Integrator
    Jan 21, 2013. 05:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Does Current Price War Mean Long-Term Damage? [View article]
    It's best to be diversified across a bunch of sectors, but if it makes you feel any better, I have both VZ and XOM in my accumulation portfolio also!
    Dec 10, 2014. 04:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Challenges As A Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    alphaplum, I not actively focussed on adding Australian stocks anymore, though I actually find the stock market there is very rich pickings for dividend investors. The market is comprised of many duopolies and oligopolies with high returns on capital that have a consistent and enduring dividend track records. My ownership of Australian dividend stocks is a legacy of the fact that I was there for many years before coming over to the US, and I had no interest in selling quality positions just because I moved.
    I accumulated Australian positions in a big way in 2009, the major banks and some telcos and grocery retailers when prices were beaten down, and I've held them ever since. I selectively still am adding positions, though very infrequently, and I'm looking for global businesses with strong growth and good ROE. In general, I believe that I own most everything in the Australian market that fits my criterion.
    Australia maintains a tax treaty with the US that means the dividends are taxed at the same rates as US dividends
    Nov 8, 2014. 08:45 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Wireless Growth Drivers Still Appear Strong [View article]
    Veritas,
    I agree with your overall conclusions. I think T can comfortably move forward with a steady 5%+ dividend, with dividend increases at least consistent with inflation. That's a pretty steady solid locked in return in you ask me.
    Aug 31, 2014. 06:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q4 2013 Update [View article]
    $700k+
    Jan 6, 2014. 09:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Iainvest. Actually yields in Australia are well north of whats on offer in the US market, so its certainly not a million dollar portfolio, more like 65-70% of that. We prioritized aggressive saving from pretty early on by trying to manage expenses. Its been more difficult to achieve high savings rates with kids, but we still try to manage expenses as best as we can.
    I think a 10% position would be an absolutely maximum. Most of my positions in the portfolio are managed to levels closer to 5%, but your point is well taken. I think it would take a very special situation to even consider anything close to a 10% position.

I have my positions in a taxable account because its has always been our plan to draw from the dividend income in advance of retirement to live off. I was only recently made aware of the 72t withdrawal provision by other contributors on Seeking Alpha that allows one to withdraw equal amounts from retirement accounts prior to 59 1/2 years. That's something I need to investigate further.
    Mar 11, 2013. 05:39 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investors Should Be Cautious Of 'Artificial' Dividend Growth [View article]
    Wigit5, No problems, I understand. Hope you don't expect any stocks that cant grow earnings or cashflow to keep increasing your dividends!.
    Integrator