Integrator

View Integrator's Comments BY TICKER:
ADP, BP, CSCO, KO, MSFT, T, V
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Your Portfolio's Long-Term Dividend Growth Rate Is Your Total Return [View article]
    Solid, clear and impressive logic. A great article that lays out in a compelling way the connection between dividend growth, stock appreciation and total return. Nice job! Thanks also for the link.
    Jan 23 06:19 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback Mo Money 79. I recently added MCD to my portfolio as well. I hold the bulk of my positions in a taxable account as I plan to live off my dividend income well before retirement age, if things work out!
    Integrator
    Mar 5 09:20 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Dividend Investing Creates Wealth And Income [View article]
    Pompano:
    Thanks for the comment. The scenario you outline with stronger economic growth should also be good for the businesses paying dividends. In fact, I'd expect them to be generating stronger profits and higher dividends in such a scenario, even with rising bond yields.
    Integrator
    Jan 21 05:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Q4 2013 Update [View article]
    $700k+
    Jan 6 09:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Iainvest. Actually yields in Australia are well north of whats on offer in the US market, so its certainly not a million dollar portfolio, more like 65-70% of that. We prioritized aggressive saving from pretty early on by trying to manage expenses. Its been more difficult to achieve high savings rates with kids, but we still try to manage expenses as best as we can.
    I think a 10% position would be an absolutely maximum. Most of my positions in the portfolio are managed to levels closer to 5%, but your point is well taken. I think it would take a very special situation to even consider anything close to a 10% position.

I have my positions in a taxable account because its has always been our plan to draw from the dividend income in advance of retirement to live off. I was only recently made aware of the 72t withdrawal provision by other contributors on Seeking Alpha that allows one to withdraw equal amounts from retirement accounts prior to 59 1/2 years. That's something I need to investigate further.
    Mar 11 05:39 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investors Should Be Cautious Of 'Artificial' Dividend Growth [View article]
    Wigit5, No problems, I understand. Hope you don't expect any stocks that cant grow earnings or cashflow to keep increasing your dividends!.
    Integrator
    Feb 11 03:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Frankly, I would be stunned if a dividend investor didn't appreciate the connection between growing earnings and growing dividends. I know people have been stressing that this is missing in the article but, this seems way to fundamental a linkage to not assume some basic understanding of. Where else would they think these dividends would be coming from? Fueled by debt for 20 years? Increasing the payout ratio for 20 years? I'm not even sure thats possible without some growth in earnings over this period. I think its fair to assume the author implied this without explicitly stating it.
    Jan 25 08:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Portfolio: Evaluating AT&T [View article]
    Mandolin,
    Thanks for your feedback. Well, I know where I am today and where I want to get to. I have a plan based on reinvestment plus new capital and dividend increases to propel me there. Is it possible that I won't hit my goal in exactly 5 years? Sure. But I will work toward it nevertheless.
    Dec 10 07:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Selling My Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thanks Jon. Completely agree with your sentiments.

I bought MCD in the mid 50's a while back, and sold it for a handy profit somewhere in the 60's, thinking it had run too hard too fast. I then watched it ascend further upwards ever since and bought back in much higher. In my view its worth holding onto quality indefinitely. You can't replicate quality earning streams very easily, if at all.
    May 29 08:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment BloggingBanks.

I have held the aussie banks for quite some time. I personally wouldn't buy them now as I believe they are expensive, but they have been paying out good dividends for quite some time. I also like the fact that they have significant interest in the wealth management sector, which should propel their earnings over time. There are concerns about their exposure to an overvalued property market, but Australian loans are generally full recourse, bad debts are still fairly low, and short of a complete economic collapse, I don't see the banks being impacted, or their dividends being put at risk
    Mar 12 02:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors [View article]
    I agree Pendragon. Price (and specifically valuation) is key to me also. At the end of the day, one has to remember they are buying a business, not just a dividend stream, and you don't want to overpay. Valuation is important in differentiating against the numerous other dividend investment opportunities that may be available in the market.
    Mar 6 08:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Strategies For Younger Investors [View article]
    Ry The Kid, I just checked your recent articles and didn't notice any article of yours recently directed at dividend growth strategies for younger investors? The only thing I saw was a portfolio article. I think the thrust of my article suggests that younger investors should consider lower yielding and higher growth stocks and selective international dividend stocks which may be exposed to better economic growth. Visa, Mastercard, McDonalds are stocks that I currently own, which is why they are referenced in the article.
    Mar 5 09:05 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Better Retirement With Dividend Income [View article]
    Agreed- I also interpret withdraw as sell. I don't know how you extract capital any other way in that context.
    Feb 20 10:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Likely gas,
    I hear you bud. Its a shame one has to sift through the dross comments on articles but thats life I guess. I understand that not everyone's interest is in finding companies that grow earnings and cash flow. Mine is.
    Integrator.
    Feb 11 06:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Growth Is My Investment Strategy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment BigIslandBum. People often don't realize that the threshold to expense replacement is much less onerous than that to income replacement. Its an important distinction, particularly if you have modest expenses. Expense replacement is very achievable quite rapidly in my view.
    Feb 8 06:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment