Intelligent Speculator

View Intelligent Speculator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    certainly an option but that would require me to use capital.. but yes
    Oct 30, 2014. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    Right, but it has an expense ratio of almost 1% and would also require me to put up twice the capital.
    Oct 28, 2014. 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    Oct 28, 2014. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    What I'm trying to do isn't really to take a position but rather just protect myself against a huge crash in the tech sector that would take down even the more solid stocks
    Oct 28, 2014. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    if only it were that easy:)
    Oct 28, 2014. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should I Short The Nasdaq? [View article]
    Agree with you and probably should have clarified that in that case, I would still be long, just limit my exposure to the tech sector... so maybe a portfolio would look like:

-long tech stocks
    -short Nasdaq
    -long standard portfolio
    Oct 28, 2014. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Reports Impressive Results But It's Only Getting Started [View article]
    I think there were some legit concerns about mobile but in my opinion, if you have the service that is used as much as FB products are, there's no reason you can't monetize and Facebook has been executing on this very well
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jstratt - I agree 100% with you.. no sense for any of us in picking out stocks that we don't get
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No, it will close later this year
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ha!! Nice entry point:)
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the feedback Jose! Glad to see you bought some FB!
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Biggest Battle Yet For Ecosystems (Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon) [View article]
    Yes, and I'd argue that most major players have "some" type of presence for all of those
    Apr 17, 2014. 06:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @heyo - Google is a player, and could contend but I don't think anyone would call Google a winner in social at this point, would you?
    Apr 16, 2014. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Quick Take On Amazon [View article]
    @MarketLost - or because that is not the current focus and that it believes its longer term profits will be better served by focusing on improving its product, infrastructure, etc.
    Apr 9, 2014. 05:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Quick Take On Amazon [View article]
    I appreciate the feedback but that is exactly what I mean. Amazon has needed to build an infrastructure and while that's not done, it's more challenging to compare profitability.
    Apr 9, 2014. 05:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment