Invest Yourself

View Invest Yourself's Comments BY TICKER:
DD, GE, INTC, KMB, O, WM, WU
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q2 2013) [View article]
    Thanks thats part of the reason that I put this out there so many articles I read have theoretical portfolios, well I decided to put my money where my mouth was so to speak.
    Jul 3 08:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q2 2013) [View article]
    Frequent compounding is a great advantage over time and that is what monthly paying investments afford you the advantage of.
    Jul 3 08:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q2 2013) [View article]
    MAIN, O, PGX, and HYG all yield better than 5%.
    Jul 2 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric - Doubling Down On Natural Gas [View article]
    I think the fact that we are talking about using one fuel to transport another one clearly demonstrates that no one energy solution will meet all of americas energy needs and that a mix of various forms of energy is really what is needed if we relied to much on one fuel than we would be too sensitive to price fluctuations however if there are multiple fuels that achieve the same goal than it makes it harder for any one fuel to dominate the market. thats the beauty of capitalism.
    Jun 24 08:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric - Doubling Down On Natural Gas [View article]
    this is america and you can be certain that if demand went up that "greedy americans" would increase drilling thereby compesating for the increased demand. the problem with oil is that foreign governments have a driect influence on how much is produced. there are no such constraints on the american nat gas market. it is one of true supply and demand.
    Jun 24 08:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DuPont Growing Agriculture Profits [View article]
    I fully expected DD to divest its Titanium Oxide business at some point in the future It has been a significant drag on the company for some time now due to its volatile nature.
    May 31 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DuPont Growing Agriculture Profits [View article]
    very interesting piece of history that you have introduced here.
    May 30 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Mid-Cap Electric Utilities For An Income Portfolio [View article]
    wow I would not have guessed that Berkshire buying up more companies I mean really who would have Guessed (he said sarcastically!) Although it is nice to know that I am targeting the same companies that the Oracle of Omaha is as well. Makes me feel a little better about some of my analysis.
    May 30 09:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DuPont Growing Agriculture Profits [View article]
    I just had a sneaking feelinf that you would be the first one to comment on this article. I don't think anyone pays as much attentiont to DD that you do.
    May 30 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DuPont Growing Agriculture Profits [View article]
    yes you are correct I fat fingered those years I will submit a correction
    May 29 07:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Waste Management's Dividends May Become Unsustainable In The Near Future [View article]
    I have been in it since its yield was well above 4% I am still in it but currently have a 5% trailing stop in place just in case a price correction does occur.
    May 28 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    since you sold you have missed out on a 27% climb by WM
    May 28 12:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fuel costs will start to fall as the rollout of NATGAS collection trucks fueled with Gas from their own collection facilities begins to ramp up. I think the increase in fuel costs is a short term rise that will be offset by long term goals

LONG WM
    May 28 10:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Mid-Cap Electric Utilities For An Income Portfolio [View article]
    I agree that utilies look stretched a little thin but that is what happens when yield hungry investors are driven away from bonds by low interest rates. The look for yields in other locations and thereby compress those sectors. As far as price targets go I am an income investor so I am not necessarily looking for the quick turnaround on share price profit my typical windows for returns is 5-8 years. I have a much longer term view and even though P/E's are squeezed slightly SCG has show the ability to continue to grow profits so a higher P/E may be warranted in their case. I would say SCG is a buy at any price point below a P/E of 18 at that point I would say the company is slightly overvalued for a Utility. I would continue to hold SCG above 18 though and probably would not think about selling until its P/E reached around 20 - 21. Again this is just what I would do and it may not be specifically your plan.
    May 24 09:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Mid-Cap Electric Utilities For An Income Portfolio [View article]
    I like scana because they are integrated in both electricity generation and gas distribution
    May 23 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment