Invest Yourself

View Invest Yourself's Comments BY TICKER:
DD, GE, INTC, KMB, O, WM, WU
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    You are exactly correct on your pricing I only use Limit trades for sales. And I currently utilize trailing stop losses of 5% for all investments that have risen more than 30% since I purchased them.
    Oct 3, 2013. 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    That is exactly what I am using
    Oct 3, 2013. 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    the automatic investment option given to users on Capital One's Sharebuilder account allows for partial shares to be owned and purchase
    Oct 3, 2013. 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I currently use Sharebuilder by Capital One. It used to be run by ING Direct but they sold out to Capital One
    Oct 3, 2013. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I will take a look into the stocks you have addressed but I still have others that rank above them in my priority list. I will be writing another article soon addressing the next 5 investments I have decided to add to my portfolio.
    Oct 3, 2013. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    Personally I feel the reason that most emerging market stocks are undervalued is because with the Federal Reserve set to taper QE these markets will face currency problems which will degrade the holdings of those companies by simply being tied to said currency. We are in the middle of a currency war whether anyone wants to admit it or not. I am siding with the USD $ right now waiting to see where interest rates cause other currencies to settle before considering holdings in foreign markets.
    Oct 2, 2013. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    That was my point with this whole portfolio I have noticed that alot of people are writing about their portfolios but are much farther along in life than I am. I wanted to document my portfolio from the ground up basically so that other people could see the time value of starting early.
    Oct 2, 2013. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I am looking to increase diversification but as I outlined in my first article about my investing strategy and purpose I am also looking to invest in a methodical way so that I remove as much emotion and sentiment from the process as possible. Emotion and Sentiment have been the downfalls of many a savy investor.
    Oct 2, 2013. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I appreciate the info and I will have to do some research on the items you have selected but as I state previously I am not looking to invest in foreign companies quite yet. I have way to many companies that I want a piece of still in the American market as I start to run out of other options I will then probably seek to invest abroad.
    Oct 2, 2013. 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I am trying to keep a balanced approach to all of my holdings and like I addressed in the previous comment reply I am not looking to invest in international companies rather American multinationals for the sake of capturing foreign market profits. BDC's and Utilities are definitely on my list but I am trying to balance my holdings. I do think interest rate increases will exert some downward pressure on BDC's and Utilities later this year and all next year which will make them more appealing from an income seekers point of view
    Oct 2, 2013. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I am not looking to invest in foreign companies. I look to capture the international market by making sure I have a large share of American Multinationals Like Pepsi that will capture portions of the foreign markets for me.
    Oct 2, 2013. 09:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q3 2013) [View article]
    I work in tech so I try to use what I know and feel to invest in the tech world I am not a MSFT fan but I do like INTC even though so much negative is spokend about them because of what I see. MSFT is good right now because viable alternatives are probably 5-10 years away at least maybe more in my opinion.
    Oct 2, 2013. 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric's Hidden Gem Is Finally Gaining Respect [View article]
    I echo your complete sentiment. In fact I actually wrote an article a while back after GE acquired Lufkin http://seekingalpha.co... where I emphasized that alot of GE's future growth potential lied in its Oil and Gas Division.
    Jul 30, 2013. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric - Doubling Down On Natural Gas [View article]
    did you catch the most recent quarter earnings report the 5% jump was quite nice for people who bought down at the bottom. I quite enjoyed it myself. backlog is larger than ever and GE Capital is improving quite rapidly. I like to give credit where credit is due and there is some due credit for current performance based upon the bottom level performance.
    Jul 22, 2013. 02:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric - Doubling Down On Natural Gas [View article]
    I agree alot of the decisions he made at that point in time were wrong, but he was just doing what every other financial institution was doing at the same time trying to keep up with performance expectations. If he hadnt performed then there would have been calls for his head then too for underperformance. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there are many executives that made bad decisions based on what we know today but they were not so bad based upon the information that was available then. I am a little more forgiving when it comes to mistakes. I realize we are all going to make mistakes but I am willing to give people the chance to make up for their mistakes. Now if someone is unable to correct their mistakes then we need to have a discussion about performance then but like I said I do think GE has rebounded nicely from where it was and I do think it has good propects for growth and value return for the next few years.
    Jul 18, 2013. 08:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment