Invest Yourself

View Invest Yourself's Comments BY TICKER:
DD, GE, INTC, KMB, O, WM, WU
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    I will include cost basis for each stock in future articles
    Apr 3 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    I agree completely my target over time is to get to somewhere between 30-40 different companies if I can find that many worth investing in.
    Apr 3 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    I don't believe in buying equal numbers of shares of companies what I believe in doing is buying equal dollar amounts of company stocks. This way I am assured that a 20% gain on a $10 stock is not wiped out by a 10% loss on a $20 stock. While many people use your suggested strategy as I see it that strategy has wholes in it.
    Apr 3 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    also to address your cost basis question I bounced back and forth about that specific issue but since I do sell and buy different securities my cost basis for each stock does not accurately reflect the true profit my portfolio has made over time since realized profit from the sale of certain investments not gets realized in the cost basis of the new stock that replaces it. for that reason I decided to stick with yield on cost, and the annualized dividend as a better metric to measure the performance of this portfolio over time when you consider its goal based on my original article.
    Apr 2 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    you are correct sir I glanced over the current part and just read yield.
    Apr 2 01:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    That is a good question I do have a couple trailing stops in place for HSY and JNJ but that is more about the runup in share price of those companies and not so much based on the broad market rally. The overall goal of my portfolio is not one of market timing to try to make profit on share price but more about growing residual dividend income over time so I am not looking to sell as many positions as alot of investors would simply because I am looking to grow recurring income which is supported more by staying in the stock than exiting it. I will say I am not looking to add to any positions in the immediate future at least until a correction occurs because I do feel many of these stocks are overbought.
    Apr 2 01:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    all of these companies are dividend achievers or seeking to be dividend achievers in my opinion minus the two ETF's
    Apr 2 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2013) [View article]
    just the current yield of the stock or my current yield based upon original cost?
    Apr 2 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Farming For Income [View article]
    thanks for the info I will look into it.
    Mar 28 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Farming For Income [View article]
    Not quite sure I like that play because that investment is not only subject to the swings in ag commodoties, but its also sensitive to swings in price in the real estate market. Thats a double whammy in my mind and not a good one.
    Mar 28 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Water Utilities To Quench Your Dividend Thirst And 1 To Avoid [View article]
    I appreciate the feedback but I do read and consider every comment about my articles because for every 5 bad or instigating comments there is one that does make me think a little differently about things. I appreciate the forced perspective from my commenters.
    Mar 28 09:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Farming For Income [View article]
    I figured I would get a comment from you again regarding DuPont. You have a very unfavorable opinion of them and it shows, but you present some very interesting data.
    Mar 27 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Farming For Income [View article]
    Deja Vu...
    Mar 27 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Winning The Drink Wars? [View article]
    What I think would be an interesting endeavor on DPS's part would be a merger actquisition of MNST. This would double their market cap and for the most part would be able to do a share for share exchange. This would make DPS an instant player in the larger drink market in my opinion. although I don't think it will happen it would be an interesting merger nonetheless.
    Mar 7 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Winning The Drink Wars? [View article]
    you are correct on current yield but I am basing yield on last dividend paid annualized. KO just recently announced the raise but have not yet paid it. It is possible that PEP will also announce an increase to its payment as well soon.
    Mar 7 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment