Invest Yourself

View Invest Yourself's Comments BY TICKER:
DD, GE, INTC, KMB, O, WM, WU
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    I do appreciate the comments both positive and negative because I can take constructive criticism through detractors. It makes me rethink my message and I feel that I have learned of a necessity to communicate the goals of this portfolio in a slightly different manner in future updates. either way please keep the comments coming both positive and negative I appreciate all feedback. It helps me write better articles for you the readers.
    Apr 2 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    According to my research I still have 4-5 sectors of the economy of which I have no exposure. The only segment that I may see I am overly diversified in is potentially the financial sector if you consider PGX and HYG as part of the financial sector. pair those with MAIN and AFL and WFC and I would probably agree that I am overweight that sector. If however there is a sector to be overweight I would argue that the finance sector would be that sector.
    Apr 2 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    essentially you are doing the same thing that I am i try to keep transaction costs to around 1%. I do feel that is a reasonable charge for this type of service. Obviously the more you invest the lower this cost will be.
    Apr 2 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    Yes I do, in fact all of my cash back rewards that I earn on my credit cards goes straight into my brokerage account balance.
    Apr 2 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    Before Christmas it was trending up slightly around 2% deviation from the average daily price but when the correction in february hit I gain significantly downward due to the 2-3 week long price fall. right now we are back to around where we were at the end of last year and because of my february purchases I own stocks for about 5-6% less than if I had bought them at their price levels in november-december. I try to make 1 to two scheduled purchases each month, 2 if the price drops 1 if the price rises. this ensures that I buy more on the downs than the ups.
    Apr 2 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    I understand your point and as I have addressed above in many comments I am not seeking to be another buy these 8-10 stocks for your income portfolio. There are numerous other portfolios out there (on this site even) that use that model, I would be offering nothing different than what is already provided. Again I am taking a look at this income seeking portfolio from the view of a 29 year old. This is an dividend income growth portfolio for younger investors, and I am beginning to think that this may be the confusion point for alot of my readers. I will seek to clarify this in further articles. Thanks for the feedback.
    Apr 2 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    Thank you sir for explaining SB's pricing model, and yes they did change their pricing model. If you have been paying for it you were grandfathered in. The new pricing model is 3.95 for automatic investment actions meaning you would have to purchase $400 of an automatic investment to equal out to the old model which is still not unreasonable should you really consider it.
    Apr 2 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    You definitely have to shop around for your brokers because certain brokerage services charge outrageous transaction fee's. You should definitely compare rates for many brokerage services before settling on one.
    Apr 2 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    Personally I have enough writedowns on my taxes that I can realize up to $10,000 in gains each year and not have to pay a penny the income from these stocks. plus most of my holdings are long term holdings as of now anyways meaning I would only pay long term capital gains rates which based on my current tax bracket would be 0%.
    Apr 1 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Quarterly Update (Q1 2014) [View article]
    Thanks for your feedback
    Apr 1 09:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Update: Investment Exchange [View article]
    By the way all of the numbers above were based on stock split adjusted numbers so your individual numbers may vary but if you held shares at a different value than you have undoubtedly also partaken in share spilts that occurred almost annually from 1992 through 2000
    Feb 10 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Update: Investment Exchange [View article]
    first of all I would not have held CSCO for 10 years if I saw no return on my money over that time as evidenced by the fact that I just dumped IBM after 1 year of no returns when clearly the market was very bullish. Second I understand your situation and prior to dividend payments I would have agreed with you, but as I see it the mere commitment to paying dividends makes companies more accountable to their shareholders. I think a few years of dividend payment commitments may turn a few peoples view both internally and externally. Dividend payments in themselves are a commitment to return value to a share holder. I think this change in mentality deserves a chance to be rewarded. Again this is just my opinion.
    Feb 10 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Update: Investment Exchange [View article]
    Ok well lets look back at a few things when he assumed control in 96 the stock price was actually at $5.27 in January of 96. if you look at CSCO now in terms of when he assumed control he has added 332% to the gains at the time he assumed controls which is an annual average gain of 18% over 18 years is Not bad for most companies. I would take 18% annual gains for the life of a stock and retire a multimillionaire. Second the price at the beginning of 1997 was only $7 not $70, the $70 Price target you refer too was actually 77.31 Hit in march of 2000 which as we know was the same month that the DOTCOM bubble popped. So as I see it, if you bought in the $70 you really bought during a buddle phase which I could blame many many CEO's for lost value from the DOTCOM bubble burst. I could blame many CEO's for companies that failed during the DOTCOM bubble. So as you see things are not as good or bad as you may remember and certain value lost may not have been controlable from his position anyways. I suspect that you have gotten burned by CSCO in the past and that has slightly skewed your view of this company one way or another, but when I look at the numbers I don't see quite the horrible picture that you do. I will take 18% annual gains for 18 years and walk away happy.
    Feb 10 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Update: Investment Exchange [View article]
    It appears that he plans to step down in 1-3 years. I Found this back in November referring to an announcement he made back in 2012. http://bit.ly/1ga0t9o
    Feb 7 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Income Portfolio Update: Investment Exchange [View article]
    Total share count has been reduced by around 100M shares per year on average over the last 5 years.
    Feb 6 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment