View as an RSS Feed
View Investing Insight's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAON, AAPL, ABT, ADSK, ALJ, AMZN, APA, ATVI, AXL, BA, BAC, BAX, BBY, BCC, BRCM, CHK, CMCSA, CMG, COH, COLM, COST, CREE, CRM, CROX, CSCO, CTB, CVS, D, DAL, DE, DG, DHI, DIS, DLTR, DPZ, DRI, DTV, DUK, DVN, EMC, EPD, ETN, F, FINL, GE, GG, GIS, GPI, GRPN, HES, HLF, HON, HPQ, HSNI, IIIN, INTC, JNJ, JOY, KO, KOP, LMT, LULU, M, MAT, MCD, MO, MRK, MU, MYCC, NFLX, NKE, NUAN, NVDA, OILT, OPEN, ORCL, PM, REGI, RH, RIG, S, SBUX, SDRL, SEM, SHOO, SIRI, SO, SPLS, SSYS, SXT, TGT, TIF, TUP, UFS, UNT, UTX, V, VRTX, WAG, WFC, WFM, WHR, WMT, WSM, X, XOM, YUM, ZNGA, ZX
Honeywell International: A Stock Worth Investing In
- Despite a tough economic climate worldwide, Honeywell generated more than 200% shareholder return since 2009 on the back of consistent improvement in its top and bottom lines.
- Honeywell’s EPS grew by 11% YoY in 2013 and the company expects the EPS to grow again by more than 10% in 2014.
- Honeywell’s continued focus on refining its manufacturing processes is paying off, as the company is on a constant journey of improving the margins of its segments.
Hewlett-Packard: Turnaround Remains On Track
- HP continued its long streak of dismal sales as its Q2 FY 2014 results reported on May 22, 2014 revealed that sales declined by 1% YoY.
- HP announced it will cut an additional 11,000 to 16,000 jobs because the company needs to get rid of extra staffing to build up earnings.
- Its cheap valuation, decent dividends, aggressive share buybacks, and potential turnaround make HP a great candidate for investment.
Why You Should Buy DirecTV
- DirecTV’s stock has been increasing since news relating to an acquisition by AT&T started flowing in around the end of April 2014.
- AT&T confirmed on May 18th, 2014 that it has reached an agreement with DirecTV to buy DirecTV for $95 per share and also assume DirecTV’s $18.6 billion net debt.
- The acquisition deal presents upside for DirecTV shareholders but offers a mix of negatives and positives for AT&T.
EMC Corporation: Turnaround Is Inevitable
- EMC reported a 2.6% YoY decline in consolidated revenues of its largest segment, EMC Information Infrastructure, when it announced its Q1 2014 results on April 23rd, 2014.
- Businesses relating to newer technologies reported impressive Q1 2014 results as the Emerging Storage business was up 81% YoY, Pivotal 41%, and revenue at VMware increased by 16% year-over-year.
- While 2014 will be a year of modest growth, the benefits from newer ventures and the shifting of priorities are expected to accelerate earnings growth in the future.
United Technologies: A Very Attractive Investment
- Lower Q1 EPS for UTX had some investors questioning whether or not the company could continue the growth it has shown over the last few years.
- UTX is a conglomerate with well-diversified revenue streams that extend beyond military and civil aviation to systems including elevators, refrigeration and fire alarms.
- The company is set to increase both sales and profitability going forward and will distribute earnings to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
Eaton: Double-Digit EPS Growth Is Expected
- Eaton has impressed investors with its growth over the last four years as its revenues surged from $11.9 billion in 2009 to more than $22 billion in 2013.
- Over the past two years Eaton has failed to effectively translate its increase in sales into an increase in its EPS. The operating EPS only rose 4.3% since 2011 compared.
- Organic growth at Eaton seems to be slow due to a host of factors including weak end market growth and stagnant operating margins.
Netflix: Risk Is Increasing
- Netflix has shown a phenomenal growth of 535% in EPS over the last year.
- The momentum of rising earnings is expected to continue for Netflix as it is widening its reach within US by striking deals with Suddenlink and other cable operators.
- The advent of broadband with 4G speeds and increasing trend of large-screen smartphones and tablets will also help boost the video streaming market in the future.
Lockheed Martin: Dividend Lovers It's For You
- Lockheed Martin is switching focus to foreign sales to fill in the sales gap left by the US.
- The US defense market accounts for more than 80% of Lockheed Martin’s sales.
- The stock offers an excellent dividend yield and share repurchases keep the EPS growing even if the top line stays flat.
Boeing: Great Prospects Ahead
- Boeing recently announced an agreement with the US Navy for 47 new fighter jets.
- Late in April 2014 Iran also showed willingness to buy 400 new passenger airplanes to support its retiring fleets, if sanctions are eased.
- With the world economy recovering, IATA expects a good outlook for the aviation industry and predicts passenger traffic will rise by 5.8% YoY in 2014.
Bank Of America: Turnaround Is Imminent
- A host of negative news on Bank of America caused the stock to plunge by 15% since March 2014.
- The bank has sped up the resolution of its legal problems and the management sees the light at the end of tunnel.
- A stock price turnaround is imminent once investor anxiety regarding litigation issues settles down.
The Walt Disney: This Stock Has A Lot Of Appeal
- Walt Disney reported its Q2 FY 2014 earnings on May 07, 2014, posting an adjusted diluted EPS of $1.11 up 41% YoY.
- Disney is a typical growth company and has posted continuously increasing revenues since 1991 except for a couple of years immediately after the 2001 and 2008 recessions.
- Disney’s growth is expected to continue going forward and in 2015 the company is expected to post record profits.
- Projects in the pipeline, increasing top and bottom lines and aggressive share buyback programs make the stock attractive for long-term investors.
Is Hewlett-Packard Currently Undervalued?
- The decline in the revenues was primarily because of the shrinking PC market.
- Hewlett-Packard Co. is entering the 3D printing market this year, and could acquire a huge chunk in the 3D printing market quickly.
- Currently, two relatively smaller companies, 3D Systems and Stratasys, are the dominant players in the 3D printing market.
- According to Gartner, the 3D printing market will grow 62% in fiscal year 2014, reaching $669 million.
Is The Recent Plunge In Chipotle's Stock Price Justified?
- Despite raising the prices of its products, I believe the company is well-positioned to deliver better results in the coming quarter.
- The stock is trading at a one-month low of $502.31, so the recent dip in the price is a great investment opportunity, in my opinion.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill is removing GMOs (genetically modified organisms) from its product offerings, and now aims to switch to non-GMOs as soon as possible.
Can Lockheed Martin Sustain Its Dividend?
- A reduction in defense spending will ultimately reduce the company’s top and bottom lines in the future.
- Cancellation of F-35 orders will further depress the company’s revenues stream in the coming years.
- The U.S. defense department will save an additional $2.1 billion over the next five years by scrapping plans for two Lockheed Martin communication satellites.
Is Starbucks Positioned Well To Deliver Long-Term Value?
- Starbucks has been testing the sale of beer and wine across several locations in the US. Some analysts believe it to be counterproductive.
- Nevertheless, Starbucks is determined to capitalize on the growth opportunities in the Asia Pacific region by aggressively expanding its network of stores.
- With the successful mobile app, the company is positioned to offer customized services such as delivering relevant coupons according to consumer spending habits.
Implications Of Data Breach On Target
- The proposed investment of $100 million into chip-enabled card technology is a good initiative but will not be implemented until 2015.
- The company has a $100 million insurance coverage but the potential loss may exceed $1 billion and this will hurt the company’s financial position in the short run.
- Investors need to keep a close eye on the recent updates regarding the data breach investigation before considering investing in Target Corporation.
Is YUM! Brands A Long Term Buy?
- By 2030 India will be the largest consuming class in the world so the company is actively investing in the Indian market to drive the company’s future growth.
- Last year the new announcement regarding the new menu in its nearly 4600 restaurants in over 900 cities will help to regain sales in the Chinese market.
- Considering the future prospects of the company, the stock price of $73 and forward P/E of 17.80 the company is a good investment opportunity.
Wal-Mart Driving Growth For General Mills
- Wal-Mart's new stores will need more products from General Mills so these new stores will boost company revenues in the U.S. market.
- Emerging markets will be the driver for the future growth of the company and the new yogurt plant will further increase the company’s presence in China.
- I believe that there is a lot of potential in the stock and at the current price of $51 the stock seems to be undervalued.
Boeing Is Worth Buying At Current Price Levels
- Future demand for air passengers remains strong and this leads to increased production of airplanes. This will help Boeing strengthen its financial position.
- Boeing 777X was launched in November 2013 and I believe that this plane will be a growth driver for the company in the coming years.
- Revenues and earnings are set to grow as the company’s projected revenues for 2014 range from $87.5 to $90.5 billion with commercial deliveries between 715 and 725.
Is General Electric A Long-Term Buy?
- The company began 2014 with a strong backlog of $244 million, and continues to invest in new technologies in the aviation and oil and gas businesses.
- Aviation and healthcare segments will be growth drivers for the company in the future.
- At the current price level, the stock seems to be undervalued and the market is not truly reflecting the value of stock.
Coca-Cola: A Long-Term Buy
- FIFA World Cup and the summer Olympics will build the strong momentum for the company to boost its revenues and income in Brazil.
- Diet Coke Frost will help recover the company’s sparkling beverages volume sale in 2014.
- Demand for carbonated beverages remains strong in the emerging markets and will improve the company’s performance in 2014.
Is United Technologies A Buy?
- The market does not truly reflect the value of the stock and I believe that the stock has a 15% upside potential.
- The positive trend of the construction and aerospace industries will be the growth drivers for the company.
- In anticipation of the long term growth prospects of the company, I find that it is a good time to be a part of the United Technologies Corporation.
Is Broadcom A Strong Buy?
- Broadcom is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications.
- The future outlook of the industry remains strong and this will positively impact the company’s future earnings.
- I will briefly discuss the recent results of the company and identify the reasons behind its good or bad performance.
- There are many recent developments that I will discuss in detail and conclude whether the stock price of 30.52 is a good buy or not.
Insteel: A Recent Correction Provides An Opportunity
- Insteel Industries Inc. has emerged out of the recession in better shape and with strong fundamentals.
- The acquisition of Ivy Steel & Wire Company has also helped the company in improving its ability to sustain and even improve its earnings in times of increasing demand.
- The improving outlook of non-residential and public construction spending and the superior efficiency of the company will enable it to enhance its earnings.
- The recent correction in the market provides investors with a cheap exposure to the company and prospects for sustained returns in the long term.
- Koppers Holdings Is Trading At A Dirt-Cheap Valuation
- Delta: Growth Story Has A Long Way To Go
- Is Duke Energy Still A Buy?
- Starbucks Is On A Growth Track
- Is Devon A Buy?
- Is Debt A Serious Concern For Seadrill?
- Is Goldcorp Well Positioned To Capitalize Growth?
- Restoration Hardware: Rally Not Over Yet, Still Offering Decent Return