Investors Mosaic

View Investors Mosaic's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why I'll Never Short Salesforce.com [View article]
    That certainly could be a catalyst!
    Oct 17 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market's Going Higher Regardless Of The Election [View article]
    I didn't see this comment before I responded to tiger777, so we said the same thing. I added a chart to back up the facts.
    Oct 17 11:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market's Going Higher Regardless Of The Election [View article]
    I am not going to get dragged into a political debate, but my response is this: The S&P 500 has been up 81% since Obama took office on 1/20/2009. That doesn't seem too anti-business.

Here the chart:

Oct 17 11:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Flood Of Facebook Shares Is Coming - Grab Your Ark [View article]
    Good morning lot2,

Very good question, and I went back to look at this. I think you are correct based on the SEC filing, in the Additional Shares Information section. It says there are 692 million shares available to trade:

My original number came from Yahoo Finance, in the Key Statistics section on the right hand side:

Using the new 692 million as the starting point, the analysis is even more scary. With the 1.167 billion shares coming available to trade through Dec. 31, 2012, it means that float will increase 169% cumulatively over this time period vs. the 89% increase from the initial analysis. Does this make sense to you?

Good catch.
    Oct 17 10:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Flood Of Facebook Shares Is Coming - Grab Your Ark [View article]
    Hi lot2,

Thank you for providing that clarification. And you are absolutely correct, Mark's shares are excluded from this analysis.

Best,
    IM
    Oct 17 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Flood Of Facebook Shares Is Coming - Grab Your Ark [View article]
    Dear SMJTRUST,

Thank you for you helpful suggestion that I get a life. I hadn't thought about that, and I'm sure I will be a better investor and happier human being due to you kind words of advice.

You do sound like someone who's lost their shirt on this stock. Too bad.
    Oct 17 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Flood Of Facebook Shares Is Coming - Grab Your Ark [View article]
    Ha! Touche. They'll make it up in volume. Full disclosure, I recently lost money trying to short Amazon and it'a outlandish valuation.
    Oct 16 06:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Flood Of Facebook Shares Is Coming - Grab Your Ark [View article]
    Not a fan of Facebook, eh?
    Oct 16 06:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chipotle Is My Biggest Position [View article]
    Thanks for your thoughts, kruijm. I completely see your point of view on the P/E multiple -- but I am biased towards higher number. This is always the "art of investing" that is impossible to argue who is right and wrong. Time will tell, I guess.

One big difference between CMG and AAPL is pure size. Apple is $650 billion market cap, Chipotle $9 billion. Law of large numbers means that Apple must trade at a big discount to growth.
    -IM
    Oct 15 02:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chipotle Is My Biggest Position [View article]
    The company has $700 million, or $22 per share, in the bank. So I find it hard to see the stock trading below that level. If you are right and there's 95% downside, that equates to a $14 stock. I'll be a buyer down there as well.
    Oct 12 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Chipotle Is My Biggest Position [View article]
    That is a good question. What I did notice is that 12.3% of the float was short as of September 28, via Yahoo Finance: http://yhoo.it/Jbg5Li

That is a pretty high level. This was also before the Einhorn presentation, so I have to assume that % has gone higher. I look at it more as a % than absolute, so the small float likely means an extreme move one way or the other.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!
    Oct 12 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Europe Stinks - But That's OK [View article]
    Hi Tdot,

I stock split or reverse split has no economic impact, so what would be the point?

As for stock buybacks, some companies use them very effectively to reduce share count, raise EPS, and drive shareholder value when growth opportunities are limited. Autozone is a classic example. So too is AutoNation. Management is very consistent with their buy back plan as a smart use of cash versus useless acquisitions. But some companies do make very bad decisions with stock buybacks, so your point is valid for many companies, but not all.
    Aug 12 02:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Has Yet To Show The Benefits Of Scale - Will It Ever Happen? [View article]
    What is your thesis and justification for $270? Since you look at the whole picture, I'd love to hear it.
    Aug 8 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rackspace Hosting: Q2 Growth Not Fast Enough For Valuation [View article]
    One reason that Rackspace trades at such a premium valuation is the high probability of a take-out some day. This is a premier asset in the managed hosting / cloud industry, so it deserves a rich multiple. We have a $72 PT for 2013.
    Aug 8 12:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    What is the Riccaro Money Flow Quotient?
    Aug 6 12:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment