View Inzkeeper's Articles BY TICKER:
Canadian Oil Stocks: Acquiring The Acquirers
- With the tumble in the oil sector, I am interested in adding some new energy holdings to the portfolio. Hammered Canadian oil stocks may have attractive entry points this year.
- Strong companies will take advantage of this market downturn to acquire other companies. These are the companies I want to purchase.
- I am currently watching Suncor, Keyera, Whitecap Resources, Precision Drilling, and Crescent Point for entry points.
2014 Year-End Portfolio Review
- This year's results are better than I expected. I am far ahead of projections made in 2011.
- My portfolio has 4 segments: Principal, Contributions, Dividends, and Growth. Each exceeded my targets.
- Headwinds are still substantial and are likely to be more dramatic this year.
Thankful For Canadian Dividends
- It is Thanksgiving Day in Canada and I am thankful for Canadian dividends.
- Canada has some excellent-quality dividend payers that can provide safety and diversity for your portfolio.
- I have ten long-term holdings in Canadian dividend-paying companies. CPG, IPPLF, ENB, RY, TD, BNS, BCE, TU, RIOCF, HRUFF. Some of them may be reaching good purchasing opportunities.
Scotiabank: Adding To A Core Holding
- The Canadian Banks are core holdings for all Canadian income-oriented portfolios, including mine and have pulled back with the rest of the markets.
- Scotiabank is the most diversified internationally of the Canadian banks.
- I am considering adding to Scotiabank as it is my smallest holding of the Canadian Banks.
- Portfolio performance is evaluated by contributions, dividends and growth.
- Performance was anemic, but I am still ahead of my targets.
- I am looking forward to purchasing more of existing holdings: UL, PG, HSY, UTX, HNL, TU, BNS.
Young Canadian Portfolio
- Should young people take more risk?
- Current Portfolio Holdings.
- Need one more: HNL? MFC? SU or CNQ?
When To Trim?
- ROST, IPL, CNR have become overvalued.
- Pros and cons of trimming.
- Intended action.
Horizon North Logistics Technical Entry Point
- Analysts and Insiders agree now is a good time to buy.
- Technical support is reached.
- Accidental High Yielder.
Ross: Invest For Even Less?
- What do the charts and analysts tell me about ROST?
- What challenges does ROST's share price face?
- Is this a buying opportunity for ROST?
6 Rules To Asset Location
- The six rules.
- How they apply.
- My portfolio's ideal asset location.
The Numbers Are In!
- Contributions, dividends, and capital gains.
- Changes and actions this quarter.
- Portfolio by percent and sector.
What If My Stocks Crash And Burn? Part 2
- Sorting my portfolio into "keep", "add more" and "ditch".
- How my current holdings did during 2008-2009 recession.
- Look at your holdings now, while the skies are blue.
What If My Stocks Crash And Burn? Part 1
- Why I have been moving to a more protectionist strategy.
- What will happen to my portfolio if my largest holding goes bankrupt.
- What we can learn from a more realistic scenario.
Portfolio Prime Directive
- Portfolios need a set of guiding principles.
- One can control contributions and dividends, but not capital gain.
- Creating a growing income is my prime directive.
- It is time to 'spring-clean' the portfolio.
- Getting holdings into their ideal asset location is proving more challenging than I expected.
- Current portfolio after recent changes.
- Simple tracking sheets included for readers to reference.
- Building A Portfolio Part 4: Evaluating A Holding, Ford Motor
- Due Diligence: Costco
- Building A Portfolio Part 3: Due Diligence
- Building A Portfolio Part 2: Choosing A Stock
- Building A Portfolio Part 1: Not Just Buying Stocks
- What A Difference A Year Makes
- WisdomTree Vs. BlackRock: Tapping Into ETF's
- Cineplex: If Only All My Stocks' Charts Looked Like This
- Is It Time To Lighten Up On Interest Sensitive Stocks?
- DGI Transitions Update
- Flight To Quality
- Concerning Corus
- Transitioned To A Dividend-Growth Portfolio
- Is Now The Time To Sell?
- The Game Of Risk
- Is It Worth Holding Cash And Being Patient?
- Choosing Charitable Stocks