IP Hawk

View IP Hawk's Comments BY TICKER:
  • White House nominates ex-Google patent counsel to head USPTO [View news story]
    I am interested to hear how SA Editors believe this impacts the tickers he listed. Please enlighten me.
    Oct 17, 2014. 02:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: After The Federal Circuit Decision [View article]
    @bigredkachina

I thought the PR and petition were very well done. Now we wait to see what happens. Thank you for the comments.

BOL
    Oct 15, 2014. 01:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    @China

Thank you for the comments and I wouldn't modify anything and things tend to resolve near the middle of proposed ranges. There are probably flaws in my numbers as they are just shots in the dark. Estimating patent damages/royalties before trial is very difficult if not impossible for investors. My opinion is the Rockstar (Nortel) patents come from a very strong source and should command a nice premium in any negotiations.

BOL
    Oct 14, 2014. 12:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    @Perdix

IMO these expectations from IP Investors need to die and be replaced with a more conservative outlook. I think we are on the same page.
    Oct 13, 2014. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    I hope you are not linking to a promotional paid report issued by Redchip, who knows nothing about patent monetization.

I also think it is dangerous to assume a 1% royalty post the Virnetx v Apple CAFC opinion. Does VLAN tagging equate to a 1% demand driver for the alleged equipment? I am not sure and we will see at a potential trial.

The point of the article was to show how the assets are undervalued in my opinion and the company could try to settle the cases on a significant discount and still be very profitable. If SPEX decides to take the cases to trial they could very well win the numbers you are proposing. This model has been a big failure for a number of companies in the recent months, while the two companies who are following my proposed model are doing extremely well.

BOL
    Oct 12, 2014. 10:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    @staccani

You are right. I nothing about patent investments and how they work.

BOL
    Oct 11, 2014. 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SilverSun Technologies: An Undiscovered Microcap's Multi-Prong Strategy Can Provide 50%-100% Upside Potential [View article]
    Great stuff. Looking forward to the Q3 report.
    Oct 11, 2014. 01:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    @perdix

This model is what I have been focusing on. It has been very successful for a handful of names already and I expect it to get more investor dollars in 2015.

A $40M company does not need to shoot for the moon and land $200M deals. Getting a handful of 8 figure deals would make the investment immensely profitable without the major risks of going in front of a jury and the CAFC.
    Oct 9, 2014. 09:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    We can revisit when they file the 10q next month.
    Oct 8, 2014. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix: One Year Later And Future Outlook [View article]
    @staccani

Estimating patent damages is just a shot in the dark until the actual trial. My estimates would be for pre-trial settlements. Spherix does not need to take the cases to trial to secure $200M verdicts to be profitable. Landing a few deals at a discount would make the company very profitable and able to continue to make new purchases.
    Oct 8, 2014. 02:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: After The Federal Circuit Decision [View article]
    @vito

Just as I wrote.
    Oct 7, 2014. 04:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Marathon Patent Blows Away Analysts' Estimates With Record $13.5M In Q3 Revenue [View article]
    I don't think they will much dilution if any. IMO the stock is stuck because of the S-1 resale shares and the overall market not being very good, especially the Russell.
    Oct 7, 2014. 11:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Cameras Rolling, Worlds Inc. Battles Activision Blizzard October 3 [View article]
    Down 25%. Interested to hear what was said and the rulings.
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: After The Federal Circuit Decision [View article]
    @CS

Unfortunately there are some really sick people in the world and I have been targeted by cyber-stalkers twice in the past (not related to SA). I am not very anonymous as I answer all private messages and will be speaking at an IP conference next month.

I will probably be using my real name again in 2015.

"Curious how and why anyone should listen to you?"

I don't think anyone should listen to me. I think they should consider the facts and opinions I present whether they agree or disagree with an investment thesis. Most people do not listen to me and disagree on many subjects.
    Oct 2, 2014. 08:03 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: After The Federal Circuit Decision [View article]
    @wretched

We are on the same page.
    Oct 2, 2014. 01:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment