View IPOdesktop's Articles BY TICKER:
AAAP, AAC, AAOI, AAVL, ABCW, ABDC, ABHB, ABY, ACRE, ACTV, ADHD, ADMS, ADNC, ADPT, ADSI, AERI, AFMD, AGMX, AGRX, AGTC, AHH, AJX, AKAO, AKBA, AL, ALDR, ALDW, ALDX, ALLY, ALSN, AMBA, AMBR, AMBX, AMC, AMDA, AMH, AMID, AMPH, AMRE, AMTG, ANET, ANFI, ANGI, APAM, APO, AQ, AQXP, AR, ARBR, ARCO, ARCX, ARDX, ARES, ARGS, ARMK, ARPI, ARS, ASC, ASND, ASPN, ATEN, ATHL, ATHM, ATRA, ATTO, AURX, AVG, AVGR, AVIV, AVNU, AVOL, AWAY, AXTA, BABA, BATS, BCC, BCEI, BCOV, BCRH, BERY, BFAM, BIND, BIOA, BLCM, BLMN, BLOX, BLPH, BLUE, BNFT, BNK, BNNY, BOX, BRDR, BRG, BRSE, BRSS, BRX, BSTM, BURL, BV, CAHS, CALA, CAPL, CAPN, CARA, CARB, CARH, CBF, CBIO, CBYL, CCCR, CCFG, CCLP, CCS, CCXI, CDNA, CELP, CEMP, CERE, CERU, CFG, CFRX, CG, CGIX, CHEF, CHGG, CHKR, CHUY, CIO, CIVI, CJES, CK, CLDN, CLVS, CMCM, CMFN, CMLP, CNCE, CNNX, CNOB, CNV, CNXR, COMM, CONE, CORI, COTY, COUP, COVS, CPPL, CQH, CRCM, CRSR, CRTO, CSLT, CSOD, CSTE, CSTM, CTLT, CTRL, CTT, CUDA, CVRR, CVT, CYBR, CYNI, CZR, DATA, DATE, DCIN, DDMGQ, DEA, DERM, DFRG, DKL, DLNG, DLPH, DM, DMD, DNKN, DOC, DOR, DPLO, DPRX, DRII, DRNA, DRTX, DSG, DSKY, DWRE, EAC, EARN, EARS, EBIO, ECOM, ECR, EDG, EGRX, EHIC, EIGI, ELLI, ELOQ, EMES, ENBL, ENPH, ENTA, ENTL, ENVI, ENXP, EOPN, EPAM, EPE, EPZM, EQM, ESNT, ESRT, ET, EVDY, EVER, EVHC, EVOK, EXA, EYEG, EYES, FATE, FB, FCB, FELP, FENG, FET, FEYE, FFNT, FFWM, FGEN, FGL, FI, FIO, FIVE, FIVN, FLKS, FLTX, FLXN, FMI, FMSA, FNBC, FNDR, FOMX, FOXF, FPI, FPRX, FRAC, FRAN, FRSH, FSAM, FSL, FSTM, FUEL, FWP, FX, FXCM, GARS, GBDC, GBIM, GCAP, GCTS, GDCT, GDDY, GFIS, GIMO, GLMD, GLOB, GLOG, GLOP, GLYC, GMED, GNBC, GOGO, GOMO, GPRO, GRPN, GRUB, GSE, GWAY, GWB, GWGH, GWRE, HABT, HASI, HAWK, HCLP, HDP, HDS, HELI, HIFR, HIIQ, HIVE, HLSS, HLT, HMHC, HMLP, HMST, HPTX, HQY, HRTG, HSGX, HUBS, HZNP, I, IBP, IBTX, ICBK, ICC, ICD, ICPT, IDGX, IMDZ, IMI, IMPR, IMPV, IMS, INGN, INNL, INOV, INSY, INVN, IPDN, IRT, ITEK, JCAP, JD, JGW, JIVE, JMEI, JMI, JPEP, JRVR, JUNO, KANG, KBIO, KIN, KING, KIOR, KITE, KMI, KNMD, KORS, KOS, KPTI, KRNT, KTWO, KYAK, KYTH, LADR, LAEC, LAND, LC, LDRH, LEAF, LEJU, LENS, LGIH, LITB, LLGX, LMNS, LMRK, LNKD, LNTH, LOCK, LOCO, LOXO, LPDX, LPI, LPRI, LQ, LRE, LUCA, LXFR, MACK, MAPI, MBII, MBLY, MBUU, MC, MCEP, MCLB, MCUR, MDLY, MDVX, MDWD, MEMP, MEP, MFRM, MGNX, MIK, MITT, MKTG, MKTO, MM, MMI, MN, MOBL, MODL, MODN, MOLG, MOMO, MONT, MPG, MPLX, MPO, MRC, MRCC, MRD, MRIN, MRKT, MRNS, MSBI, MTBC, MTDR, MTGE, MTLS, MTSI, MVNR, MXPT, MYCC, NAP, NBHC, NCFT, NCLH, NCOM, NDLS, NDRM, NDRO, NEFF, NEOT, NEP, NERV, NEWR, NGL, NGVC, NLNK, NMBL, NMFC, NMIH, NORD, NOW, NQ, NRE, NRKM, NRX, NSE, NSIG, NSLP, NSM, NTI, NVET, NVGS, NVTA, NWHM, NYLD, OAK, OAKS, OCIR, OCUL, OEC, OFS, OILT, OMAM, OMED, ONCE, ONDK, OPB, OPHT, OPWR, ORC, ORPN, OTIC, OUT, OXFD, P, PAGP, PAHC, PANW, PARN, PAYC, PBF, PBFX, PCTY, PDH, PE, PEAK, PEER, PEGI, PER, PETX, PF, PFMT, PFNX, PFPT, PFSI, PGEM, PGRE, PIH, PINC, PLAY, PMCA, PN, PRAH, PRLB, PRQR, PRSS, PRTO, PSMI, PSRT, PSXP, PTLA, PUMP, Q, QEPM, QGOG, QIHU, QIWI, QLYS, QRE, QTNT, QTS, QTWO, QUNR, RARE, RATE, RBIO, RCAP, RCPT, RDUS, REDX, REGI, RENN, REPH, REXR, RGDO, RGLS, RH, RIBX, RICE, RIGP, RKUS, RLGY, RLJ, RLYP, RM, RMAX, RMP, RNA, RNDY, RNF, RNG, ROYT, RPAI, RPXC, RRMS, RSPP, RTGN, RUBI, RVNC, RWLK, RXN, RYI, SABR, SAGE, SALE, SAMG, SAVE, SBUX, SBY, SC, SCAI, SCM, SCRT, SCTY, SCYX, SDLP, SDR, SEAS, SEDG, SEMI, SERV, SFBS, SFM, SFS, SFXE, SGLX, SGM, SGNL, SGNT, SHAK, SIR, SIRI, SKIS, SKUL, SLCA, SMLP, SMLR, SMSMY, SMTH, SN, SNDX, SNOW, SNS, SPKE, SPLK, SPPP, SPWH, SQBK, SQNS, SRC, SRLP, SRVA, SSNI, SSTK, STAY, STCK, STDY, STIM, STIR, STML, STOR, STST, SUM, SUN, SUNS, SUPN, SXC, SXCP, SXE, SYF, SYNC, SZYM, TAG, TAM, TAOM, TBRA, TCON, TCPI, TCS, TEDU, TEP, TERP, THNX, THR, TKAI, TLMR, TLOG, TLYS, TMG, TMS, TMWE, TNDM, TNET, TNGO, TOUR, TOYS, TPH, TPRE, TPVG, TRIV, TRMR, TRUE, TRUP, TRVN, TSC, TSE, TSLX, TSQ, TSRO, TTOO, TTPH, TUBE, TUDO, TUMI, TVPT, TWAV, TWOU, TWTR, TXTR, UAGR, UAN, UBNT, UCP, USAC, USDP, VA, VBAY, VBLT, VBTX, VCRA, VCYT, VEBM, VEEV, VEI, VHS, VIPS, VJET, VKTX, VLP, VLRS, VLRX, VMEM, VNCE, VNET, VNOM, VNTV, VOC, VOYA, VRAY, VRNS, VSAR, VSLR, VSTM, VTAE, VTL, VTTI, VWR, W, WAGE, WAIR, WB, WBAI, WGH, WGP, WHF, WHSM, WHZ, WIFI, WIX, WK, WLKP, WMC, WMS, WNRL, WOWO, WPT, WSTC, WUBA, WWAV, XENE, XENT, XLRN, XNCR, XNET, XON, XONE, XOOM, YDLE, YELP, YNDX, YUME, YY, Z, ZAYO, ZEN, ZFC, ZFGN, ZLTQ, ZNGA, ZOES, ZPIN, ZSAN, ZSPH, ZTS, ZU, ZX
IPO Preview: GoDaddy
- Global market leader in domain name registration.
- Big, dominant brand, 23% top line revenue increase, recurring revenue, 63% gross margin, appears to be moving towards breakeven.
- Per share dilution -$48.54 vs. IPO mid-range of $18 (private equity sucked out as much cash as possible). Price-to-tangible book -.6, one of the lowest we've seen (low is worse).
IPO Preview: Jernigan Capital
- Funding of incoming self-storage mortgages with equity kickers depends on a successful IPO.
- No rev. or earnings, dividend not specified. Pre-IPO JCAP has capital of $1000.
- Selling 95% on the IPO.
IPO Preview: SolarEdge Technologies
- A leading provider of intelligent inverter solutions that are changing the way power is harvested and managed in solar PV systems.
- Rev. +141%. SolarCity accounted for 19.1% of rev. in '14.
- Market expected to grow 46%, compound annual growth rate.
- Annualized (tax sheltered by losses) P/E of 40; annualized price-to-sales of 1.7. 21% gross profit, up from 12%, as top line rev. grows.
- Net income 4% of rev., up from a 23% loss. Price-to-book of 4.
IPO Preview: ViewRay
- Designs, manufactures and markets MRIdian, the first and only MRI-guided radiation therapy system to image and treat cancer patients simultaneously.
- If 50% of backlog converted to sales, '15 sales will be up 430%. Rev +103%, '14 vs '13.
- -43% gross margin, -528% loss for '14.
- P/E of -5.5, indicates high cash burn rate relative to market cap.
IPO Preview: Valeritas
- A commercial-stage medical technology company focused on developing innovative technologies to improve the health and quality of life of people with Type 2 diabetes.
- P/E of -3.2, indicating very heavy cash burn relative to market cap.
- Revenue +219%. Price-to-sales of 18. Price-to-book of 4.5, relatively high.
IPO Preview: SteadyMed
- A specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutic product candidates that address the limitations of market-leading products in certain orphan and other well-defined, high-margin specialty markets.
- No revenue. P/E of -8.4, indicating moderately heavy cash outflow relative to market cap.
- Price-to-book of 2.4. No clinical trials.
IPO Preview: National Commerce
- Bank holding company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
- P/E of 30 seems high; rev 38%+; income 48%+.
- Price to-book of 1.1; price-to-tangible book of 1.3.
IPO Preview: Goldman Sachs BDC
- Mid-market junk bonds.
- Merrill is the lead underwriter, so we know it is a retail deal. Just another BDC. Goldman only owns 20% pre-IPO.
- Its price-to-book of 1.05 is higher than those of AINV and PSEC, but lower than GBDC - see "compare" below.
- Closed-end funds often trade at a discount to net asset value. Yield of 8.9%, lower than those of AINV and PSEC.
IPO Preview: Summit Materials
- SUM is one of the fastest-growing construction materials companies, by acquisition, in the United States.
- Institutions own competitors: VMC, 90%; MLM, 100%.
- Price-to-sales: SUM, 1.4; VMC, 3.7; MLM, 3.2. Price-to-bk: SUM, 2.8; VMC, 2.7; MLM, 2.2.
- P/E: SUM, 615; VMC, 55; MLM, 62.
IPO Preview: MaxPoint Interactive
- Provides a leading business intelligence and marketing automation software service, which MXPT refers to as its solution, that enables national brands to drive local, in-store sales.
- Traffic acq cost + sales & mkt = 78% of rev.
- Rev +61%, 56% gross profit, -12% loss on rev.
- Price-to-sales, 2.8; P/E -23, Price-to-book 4.4.
IPO Preview: Wowo Ltd
- One of China's leading third-party e-commerce platforms, focusing on local entertainment and lifestyle services such as restaurants, movie theaters and beauty salons.
- Rev change -25%, Gross profit change -34%, Loss is -157% of rev, 73% gross margin.
- Significant cash drain relative to market cap for an e-commerce co, P/E is -9.9.
- Dilution more than price range mid-point.
IPO Preview: Great Ajax
- Acquiring and managing a portfolio of re-performing and non-performing mortgage loans secured by single-family residences and, to a lesser extent, single-family properties.
- No indication of yield.
- 25% of proceeds going to selling shareholders (money should be going to the company instead).
IPO Preview: Bellerophon Therapeutics
- Innovative products at the intersection of drugs and devices that address significant unmet medical needs in the treatment of cardiopulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- P/E of -2.9, indicating very heavy cash burn relative to market cap.
- Phase 3 clinical trial planned for 2nd half of 2015.
- Price-to-Book 2.0. No revenue.
IPO Preview: Inovalon Holdings
- Platform drives high-value impact, improving quality and economics for health plans, hospitals, physicians, patients, pharmaceutical companies, and researchers.
- Revenues +22% to $360mm, after -1% decline last year. Net income +66% compared to -40% last year.
- P/E of 49.6. Earnings history is spotty. Price-to-sales 9. Price-to-tangible book 8.8.
- Gross profit of 69%, for Sept. 9 months.
IPO Preview: Invitae
- Goal is to aggregate most of the world's genetic tests into a single service with higher quality, faster turnaround time and lower price than many single gene tests today.
- Rev +12x to $0.7mm. Loss doubled to -$32mm. Price-to-book 2.1.
- P/E ratio -9.8, indicating fairly heavy cash burn relative to market cap.
IPO Premium: AutoGenomics
- Commercial stage molecular diagnostics company offering an innovative and proprietary technology platform to clinical reference laboratories, specialty clinics and hospital laboratories.
- Rev +41%, gross profit +62%. Gross margin 65%.
- Marginally profitable if loss on debt extinguishment disregarded.
IPO Preview: Avenue Financial Holdings
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee. AVNU was formed as a single-bank holding company in October 2006 and operates primarily through its subsidiary, Avenue Bank.
- Rev +25%. Net income +37%. Price-to-book 1.4.
- P/E 21.4. 53% to selling shareholders.
IPO Preview: Carbylan Therapeutics
- Initial focus is on the development of Hydros-TA, its proprietary, potentially best-in-class intra-articular, or IA, injectable product candidate to treat pain associated with osteoarthritis.
- Top line Phase 3 results expected end of '15 and '16.
- Insiders not purchasing on the IPO.
IPO Preview: Columbia Pipeline Partners LP
- Fee-based, growth-oriented Delaware limited partnership formed by NiSource ($13.4 billion market cap) to own, operate and develop a portfolio of natural gas pipelines, storage and related midstream assets.
- CPPL yields 3.35%; parent ($13bb market cap NI) yields 2.37%.
- Competitors in SEC filing yield: EQM, 2.67%; D, 3.04%.
- Price-to-bk discount from parent & competitors.
IPO Preview: Easterly Government Properties
- REIT, focused primarily on the acquisition, development and management of Class A commercial properties that are leased to U.S. Government agencies that serve essential functions.
- Growth plan depends on building/acquiring more properties for US gov.
- Compare office REIT yields: CIO, 7.3%; LXP, 5.9%; DEA, 5.5%; BXP, 1.8%.
- Price-to-book discount from others, ratio is .9.
IPO Preview: Nexvet Biopharma Plc
- Focused on transforming the therapeutic market for companion animals by developing and commercializing novel, species-specific biologics based on human biologics.
- Safety & efficacy data expected end of '15 and '16.
- Insiders may purchase $12mm, 20.6%.
IPO Preview: Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A.
- Molecular nuclear medicine diagnostic and therapeutic products.
- 29% top line rev. growth to $59mm for Sept. 9 mos.
- Therapeutic candidate is in a pivotal Phase 3 trial.
- Shareholder may purchase $10mm on the IPO. TIP-Pre IPO S.p.A may purchase $5mm of registered shares.
IPO Preview: Inotek Pharmaceuticals
- A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of therapies for glaucoma.
- Phase 3 trials expected mid-'15. Top line data by end of '16, or early '17.
- Insiders may purchase $10mm, 15.6%. Concurrent debt offering of $30mm.
IPO Preview: Asante Solutions
- A medical device company with the mission of improving and simplifying the management of diabetes patients and healthcare practitioners.
- Insulin pump with pre-filled insulin cartridges. Rev. just starting.
- P/E of -5.4 indicates heavy cash burn rate relative to market cap.
- Insiders expected to purchase $17mm in a current private placement.
IPO Preview: Infraredx
- Cardiovascular imaging company advancing the diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Rev. +99%. Price-to-sales 40.
- High cash burn rate relative to market cap: P/E -6.1. Price-to-book of 3.6.
IPO Preview: AltheaDx
- Commercial-stage molecular diagnostics company specializing in the field of personalized medicine.
- Total rev. +221%. Diagnostic testing % of rev. 67%, up from 3%.
- Loss -43% of rev. P/E -20.5, indicating moderate cash burn relative to market cap.
IPO Report: Tracon Pharmaceuticals
- Therapeutics for cancer, age-related macular degeneration and fibrotic diseases.
- Collaborators include National Cancer Institute. Top line data for Phase 2 trials expected end of '15 and mid '16.
- Relatively low price-to-book of 2.4. Relatively low cash burn rate: P/E ratio of -27. Insiders may purchase $8.2mm, 17.4%.
IPO Preview: Spark Therapeutics
- Leader in the field of gene therapy, seeking to transform the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments.
- 1st product candidate targets rare blinding conditions. Phase 3 results 2nd half of '15.
- Pfizer collaboration for hemophilia B.
IPO Preview: Shake Shack
- Modern day "roadside" burger stand serving a classic American menu of premium burgers, hot dogs, crinkle-cut fries, shakes, frozen custard, beer and wine.
- Rev +41%, P/E 114, price-to-sales of 3.2, low tax rate of 9%. Net income -20%, mostly due to new store opening exp.
- Same store sales growth down to 3% from 5.5%. 31 domestic Shacks, domestic potential is 450.
IPO Preview: InfraREIT
- Externally-managed REIT that owns transmission and distribution) T&D assets in Texas.
- 4.5% expected payout at $20. Payout expected to grow 10-15% per year for 3 years.
- Hunt Consolidated owns 23.4% pre-IPO and a division is the external manager.
IPO Preview: Avinger
- Medical device company that designs, manufactures and sells image-guided, catheter-based systems that are used by physicians to treat patients with peripheral arterial disease.
- Rev -15%. Gross profit 39%.
- Very high cash burn rate relative to market cap: P/E -4. Price-to-book of 3.6.
- No insider indications to purchase on the IPO.
IPO Preview: Flex Pharma
- A biotechnology company developing innovative and proprietary treatments for nocturnal leg cramps and spasms associated with severe neuromuscular conditions.
- Proof-of-concept study planned for Q2 '15.
- Relatively low cash burn rate: P/E of -26. Price-to-book of 2.5. Insiders may purchase $24mm, 40%.