Ira Artman (http://www.linkedin.com/in/iraartman) has held quantitative analytical and whole loan trading positions in Mortgage and Structured Finance at JP Morgan Chase, Chase Manhattan, Security Pacific, and City Federal Savings. A graduate of Brown University and MIT’s Sloan School, Mr. Artman resides in New Jersey. He now writes the Sterling Slivers (http://mortgagenewsclips.com/category/ira-artman/) Mortgage Finance/Housing Blog at MortgageNewsClips.com. His writings focus on home prices, mortgage finance, and macro policy. Mr. Artman's views are his own. If you’d like to discuss this post with Ira Artman or contact him, his email address firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) .
Mordecai Rosenberg has been interested in trading for seven years and has been trading for the last six. He trades stocks, futures, bonds, options and currencies.
He lives in Ireland with his wife and four children.
I bring a ton of real world experience to my commentaries on real estate prices and mortgages.
My work in real estate is as a lender, owner, mortgage originator, and commentator. I have owned more than 285 properties. I have made hundreds of real estate loans for my portfolio. I have reviewed the finances of thousands of homeowners to advise them on a new mortgage. That's my grad school in real estate.
HousingStory.net, my blog, centers on real estate prices and mortgages. The key blog publication, 10 Key Charts to See Before You Buy or Sell Your Home, has had over 500,000 readers.
In my day job I am a loan officer for a federally-chartered credit union. I love to originate jumbo mortgages at killer rates.
For 30 years I've worked with Main street, in a variety of capacities, on housing, mortgage and real estate related issues. My experience includes:
• I have been licensed as follows: FNMA/FHLMC AUS; Mortgage Broker (AZ); Appraisal (CA); Real Estate (CA & AZ)
• 10 years of experience in management within the mortgage divisions of regulated institutions
• I have been involved in the development and implementation of mortgage loan products....from design features, to assisting in the compliance paperwork
• I have held underwriting signature authority in a jumbo mortgage environment
• I have been tasked personally by senior management with the most complex of client issues, assisted on legal matters and, have been assigned special projects by senior management
• I authored a stylized mortgage/homeowner retention program, and in 2008, I spent time by phone in discussions with the FDIC's Chief Economist, Richard Brown, and his team, sharing my perspectives on the developing mortgage/housing crisis
• I have participated in the following: Mortgage Modifications; Mortgage Workouts; Short Payoff Refinances; Short Sales
• I was engaged by Big 8 accounting firms to assist in asset review and analysis process during the S&L Crisis
• I am experienced in the default/foreclosure process, as well as working with title insurance related issues
All of the issues I discuss are the result of first hand professional experience.
Individual investor. Employed by a government services contractor. Live in Texas.
Industry experiences in motor freight transportation, property and casualty insurance, educational publishing, software development, and government contracting.
BBA University of TN at Knoxville, MBA Texas Christian University
Was trying to do some daytrading. Gave up on BAC, I think RIMM has potential if management can stay focused on releasing BB10 and stop trying to be Apple because they can't. I like Charles Biderman's TrimTabs moneyblog, and zerohedge.