This user currently has no profile.
Isam Laroui has been trading stocks professionally since 1996, first at a couple of Wall Street proprietary trading firms, then independently starting in 2004. His preferred holding period and trading time frame have increased over the years from a few hours, using the one-minute and five-minute charts, to a few weeks, using the 30-minute and daily charts. He has been trading ETFs extensively over the past couple of years; SPY, SDS, FXI, USO, GLD, GDX, TLT, TBT, BGU are some of his current favorites. He also trades currencies (mainly EURUSD and USDJPY), although with an even longer time frame. A career-long non-dogmatic believer in and user of technical analysis, he has been a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a ...More member of the Market Technician Association (MTA) since 2006. In another life, he worked as an insurance actuary after receiving his MS in Statistics from NYU in 1993. You can read his various irreverent (and sometimes irrelevant) musings on his blog at http://musingsofatrader.blogspot.com .
- Description: Trader. Trading frequency: Daily
- Interests: ETFs, Forex, Options, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
The VIX is getting tantalizingly close to support. Should it break it decisively, one would expect this market to power up big time. Apr 8, 2009
Latest Comments more »
- I changed it to "Ruin.... on Ruin All Traders, Says Paul Krugman
- Shareholder, "Tax the ... on Krugman: Tax the Traders into Oblivion
- Here's a cogent fact-based ... on What to Expect from the Fed
- If only everybody could rea... on Money Supply: The Myth of Hyperinflation
- So now Keynesian is an insu... on Money Supply: The Myth of Hyperinflation
Latest comments on Isam's Articles