Israel Shenker

View Israel Shenker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Notes On Cars (And Apple) [View article]
    Rusty Haight, a legend in automotive safety (and a human crash test dummy) is quoted in the March/April issue of Road & Track. His direct comment is, "...they'll never invent the computer that's as smart as people are stupid". While I dislike saying never, I agree that it will be nearly impossible for AI to keep up with the ability of humans to do new inventive stupid things.
    Mar 3, 2015. 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Is Not The Next iPhone [View article]
    I rarely spend more than 5 minutes at the service station refilling my gasoline engine and gain about 400 miles of "range". How much time (a far more finite resource than money) would I need to spend at a supercharger in order to gain half of that?
    Mar 2, 2015. 11:33 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple patent infringement suits keep coming [View news story]
    Not sure the quote you're using applies to a successful lawsuit.
    Feb 27, 2015. 09:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple iOS Versus Android: Is This The Turn Of The Tide? [View article]
    Exactly what operating system can other phone makers use? It isn't as if Apple is going to let them use iOs. Unless you believe that the only phone in the marketplace will be Apple's then there will be a need for an operating system to run the other manufacturers phones.
    Feb 26, 2015. 01:55 PM | 27 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney raises park ticket prices; Magic Kingdom now $105/day [View news story]
    Visited with the family in early February. The place was so packed we couldn't find space to view the fireworks from.
    Feb 23, 2015. 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Q4 hurt by delayed deliveries; strong 2015 growth expected [View news story]
    I agree. Their deliveries in Q1 2015 should be increased due to this. In this release it appears they will be below expectations.
    Feb 11, 2015. 05:47 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. rig count down 87 units in 10th straight week of losses [View news story]
    why would this be a reason for crude to fade?
    Feb 6, 2015. 02:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo upgrades Exxon while cutting view for Chevron, Murphy Oil [View news story]
    @Ivalho Water is wet. Analysts get paid to do research.
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Tesla Needs To Be More Like Apple [View article]
    Who exactly wants to have a "normal" conversation while driving a vehicle at super car speeds? As a driving enthusiast I'm concentrating on the pleasure of the ride. I have no interest in having a normal conversation while exploring the limits of a vehicle.

Usually at max acceleration I just have a stupid grin on my face. Part of that experience is the aural stimulation of a perfectly tuned engine. I'll miss that.
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google looks to build Android directly into cars [View news story]
    I'd prefer Google Maps any day to the navigation systems in my 2014 Mazda 6 or 2015 Toyota Sienna. By a country mile.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OPEC has no target price [View news story]
    @kappaseek it is utter hubris that, for better or worse, mankind can control the environment. Nature is vastly more powerful than the environmental lobby would like you to believe. That's why they've taken to calling everything climate change instead of global warming. Using the new terminology any weather changes can be chalked up to man's influence. It's complete huey.
    Dec 14, 2014. 10:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OPEC says 2015 demand for its crude will be weakest in 12 years [View news story]
    The trees in my backyard convert carbon to oxygen. That I inhale. That is necessary for me to live.
    Dec 10, 2014. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $50K is the new $30K for automobile industry [View news story]
    And I thought the 30K with tax I just dumped on a Mazda 6 for my kid was insane. Turns out she's driving an economy car!
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Underestimates Supercharger Expenses [View article]
    I believe that the sites mission is to make a business case for investment not to make statements about saving the world with a higher gas tax. Please maintain your focus as to whether TSLA is a good investment. It's about the Alpha not the environment here.
    Dec 5, 2014. 12:32 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Toyota's 'Fool Cells' Won't Bother Tesla [View article]
    Barring a massive leap in the speed of recharging a BEV the future of the automobile in the US is the same as the past 100 years. ICE
    Dec 5, 2014. 12:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment