Israel Shenker

View Israel Shenker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Wells Fargo upgrades Exxon while cutting view for Chevron, Murphy Oil [View news story]
    @Ivalho Water is wet. Analysts get paid to do research.
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Tesla Needs To Be More Like Apple [View article]
    Who exactly wants to have a "normal" conversation while driving a vehicle at super car speeds? As a driving enthusiast I'm concentrating on the pleasure of the ride. I have no interest in having a normal conversation while exploring the limits of a vehicle.

Usually at max acceleration I just have a stupid grin on my face. Part of that experience is the aural stimulation of a perfectly tuned engine. I'll miss that.
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google looks to build Android directly into cars [View news story]
    I'd prefer Google Maps any day to the navigation systems in my 2014 Mazda 6 or 2015 Toyota Sienna. By a country mile.
    Dec 19, 2014. 12:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OPEC has no target price [View news story]
    @kappaseek it is utter hubris that, for better or worse, mankind can control the environment. Nature is vastly more powerful than the environmental lobby would like you to believe. That's why they've taken to calling everything climate change instead of global warming. Using the new terminology any weather changes can be chalked up to man's influence. It's complete huey.
    Dec 14, 2014. 10:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OPEC says 2015 demand for its crude will be weakest in 12 years [View news story]
    The trees in my backyard convert carbon to oxygen. That I inhale. That is necessary for me to live.
    Dec 10, 2014. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $50K is the new $30K for automobile industry [View news story]
    And I thought the 30K with tax I just dumped on a Mazda 6 for my kid was insane. Turns out she's driving an economy car!
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Underestimates Supercharger Expenses [View article]
    I believe that the sites mission is to make a business case for investment not to make statements about saving the world with a higher gas tax. Please maintain your focus as to whether TSLA is a good investment. It's about the Alpha not the environment here.
    Dec 5, 2014. 12:32 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Toyota's 'Fool Cells' Won't Bother Tesla [View article]
    Barring a massive leap in the speed of recharging a BEV the future of the automobile in the US is the same as the past 100 years. ICE
    Dec 5, 2014. 12:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Study: Nanoparticles could cut lithium-ion battery charging time [View news story]
    @kazetg3

I traveled from NY to Indianapolis and back for the Super Bowl with my 8 year old son. We did the trip overnight to avoid traffic. Had we needed to stop for charging the trip would not have been feasible.
    Dec 4, 2014. 04:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Confession: I would never buy a BEV that employs current technology because it takes way to long to recharge and the long term reliability has yet to be proven. Should a battery be built that can provide 3-400 miles of range in the time it takes to fill up an ICE powered vehicle (assuming competitive pricing) I'd be left with the proof of long term reliability as my sole objection. That issue may take another 5-10 years to sort out. However, with a strong third party warranty my reservations would easily be overcome and I'd find myself considering a BEV for my next vehicle purchase.
    Dec 4, 2014. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Investors Are Ignoring What Elon Musk Really Said About BMW [View article]
    I still can't recharge one in the time it takes for me to void my bladder. They are vastly different products.
    Dec 2, 2014. 08:58 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Volvo's Plug-In Electric SUV Make Life Difficult For Tesla's Model X? [View article]
    @NavyMan The market can stay irrational far longer than one can stay solvent.

I've heard something to that effect a few times in my life.
    Dec 1, 2014. 02:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's why g-d created the minivan. They have the added benefit of not worrying about smacking my 6 foot tall head on the door after I complete the process of strapping my child into his seat. Did I mention I can push a button from the drivers seat and key fob to open and close them if my spoiled kids are too lazy to do so themselves?
    Dec 1, 2014. 02:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oil changes for an IEV take about as much time as a single charge of the "hassle free" Tesla at a supercharger and can be scheduled at the owners convenience (or even performed by those who are mechanically inclined). They also occur less than 5% as often as charging the EV.

IEVs are also known to be reliable for 150000 miles or more. Has anyone seen a Tesla with that kind of mileage?
    Dec 1, 2014. 02:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are The VXX And XIV Just Providing Leveraged Market Exposure? [View article]
    Brilliant analysis of the volatility exchange traded products.
    Jan 7, 2014. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment