J. A. Saglimbeni

View J. A. Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund (VWINX), A Fund For Everyone [View instapost]
    I usually don't trade between funds, these are low-cost funds--my advise would be to reach out to Vanguard and have them look at your overall picture.

Thanks for reply.
    Jul 8 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Contenders: 34 Increases Expected In The Next 11 Weeks [View article]
    David, thanks for all your list, very important for any investor and a must!

Regards,
    Jan 19 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific The Best Public Rail Company To Own For 2014 And Beyond? [View article]
    Very good stuff...James. As you may know, from talking to my cousin-I am long UNP and have been adding to my position. Just some fun facts for you: UNP has a total return of around 500% with dividends reinvested the last ten years. A $10,000 investment would have turned into over $58,000. Go back another 20 years and UNP would have a total return of over 1000%. Now that is what I cal a freight train of dollars!!

Regards,
    Jan 16 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armor: The Best Sports Apparel Stock For Investors [View article]
    threeleaves, if the case that they are marketing themselves too hard and fast and indeed customers become disinterested...then eventually this dissatisfaction will hit UA's bottom line and hopefully this will be spotted in declining sales and earnings and investors would be able to get out with less than horrible losses, but as investors we should know this risk....investing is never cut and dry. Currently the UA brand seems to still have strength and management is committed to its company...LULU on the other hand has a serious "PR" problem which history has shown can affect a company's shares for considerable time.

Regards,
    Jan 3 04:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Advice I Can Give To Young Workers [View instapost]
    Good advice Vern, but sometimes its not easy investing in a basket of Dividend Aristocrats when you only have $50 or $100, I think that a good start would be to build the investment up in a low-cost vehicle from a great company like Vanguard and then when the time is right (with some learning) invest in some of the great dividend greats.

regards,
    Jan 2 02:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armor: The Best Sports Apparel Stock For Investors [View article]
    In total agreement with you Phil....It is similar to when I was buying share of SBUX or MA and all the naysayers were saying that growth was not sustainable and P/E's were high....and my response to them was...I buy great businesses with great leadership....one has to wonder if LULU has this. Long the greats: SBUX, MA, UA, NKE, TROW, GWW, UNP, DIS, etc.

Regards,
    Your Cousin
    Dec 18 03:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo Is A Long-Term Play For Value Investors [View article]
    Sheldon, growth companies to me are usually doing double digits in both EPS and Sales growth, PEP is a good stock, but I doubt they can grow the 8% that analyst expect. In the dividend growth area, PEP has been increasing the rate in percentage terms less and less every year....something to watch.

Regards,
    Nov 24 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Shouldn't Buy Starbucks At $81 Per Share [View article]
    Sometimes a great brand comes by and trumps all the rest, SBUX continues to increase their dividend and will likely be a future dividend achiever, I have been long for several years and am now going to enjoy some great dividend growth as well as results that should easily beat the market.

Regards,
    Nov 24 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PepsiCo Is A Long-Term Play For Value Investors [View article]
    Good article, although PepsiCo is no longer a growth company it is a dividend raiser that has beaten the S&P 500 on an annual basis for the last ten years. I am long and believe that it will continue to be around the next ten years.

Regards,
    Nov 24 01:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Concede Defeat In Amazon.com [View article]
    Apple, since the beginning of Jan 2001 has performed better, but it is true it is difficult to find many stocks that have performed better (unless they are penny stocks).

Regards,
    Oct 25 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Popular Dividend Growth Stocks Are 'Always' Overvalued? [View article]
    Thanks for the reply, Dave. I really do not find P/E a major tool for my investments, I have opened my eyes recently to the fact that "value" stocks are down for a reason and usually not a good one, when the overall market corrects I tend to stick to pristine balance sheets and stocks that are holding above their moving averages with strong fundamental, stories, sales, leadership, and dividend apprection (not yield). I understand that many people just want to collect a nice yield that is growing, but I constently watch my portfolio and feel that I have quality pieces of great businesses that will pay me in both capital apprecaiton and dividend growth....if I need income I will simply sell my shares (IRA of course). I think that it is true that investors have to pay up for quality. Just my two cents (which is probably overvalued...lol).

Regards,
    Oct 9 11:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Popular Dividend Growth Stocks Are 'Always' Overvalued? [View article]
    Good stuff as usual David, but I tend to own dividend growth stocks that are growing earnings and revenues consisitently, which many of these selections are not. It is a fine list for "value" type investors, but in my opinion investors should look for quality business that are growing in every sense of the word. P/E is really just another tool, but certainly not one that I use as the number one measure. I am long NKE, GWW, UNP, TROW, SBUX, MA, COST, TROW, and DIS and they are mostly so called "overvalued". I think its time to invest in businesses, especially ones growing....

Regards,
    Oct 8 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lithia Motors: Buy New, Buy Used, Just Buy [View article]
    Great analysis, They have also been supporting dividend growth as of late. I am long $LAD.

Sep 27 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case Against Using Mutual Funds As Dividend Growth Proxies [View article]
    Great work on the article, although I am a dividend growth investor in my IRA, I can understand that many investors just can't or won't examine individual stocks like many of us Seeking Alphas, so I usually recommend index or low-cost funds (with low turnover) from the great Vanguard such as VDIGX, VDAIX, VHDYX...they pay dividends and (mostly) invest in dividend raisers. I am personally long dividend greats $MA, $SBUX, $GWW, $TROW, $NKE, $UNP, $PKG, $DIS, and $COST.

Regards,
    Sep 27 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Proto Labs: Breaking The Mold [View article]
    Philip, the chart continues to tell a good story for PRLB, whether this will continue going forward depends on growth, but until there is a breakdown below the moving averages on heavy volume, I will continue to hold my small position.

Your Cuz,