J. A. Saglimbeni

View J. A. Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Dividend Retirement Plan [View article]
    Great article, I disagree with holding 30 or 40 stocks, but besides that I can not agree with you more. I hold no more than 12-15 in my IRA...I also look for growth rates in the double digits on dividend rates and eps grwoth year over year. Well done.
    Jan 11, 2012. 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Giving These 7 Stocks 6 Months To Make Me Rich [View article]
    Cameron, over the years I have tried to think two different ways: Thinking for my personal non-IRA account and thinking for my IRA account, I try to keep my non-IRA in growth (at least what I think is growth) stocks, usually no more than five or six actual holdings, in addition I trade options in this account about ten times a year..mostly buying calls (I am not the greatest options trader). In my IRA account I try to limit my holdings to no more than twelve holdings diversified amongst "strong" industries or sectors (I do not hold bank, autos, or airlines currently, banking may one day become a holding in the future). My IRA has mostly dividend payers that raise their dividends every year (I look for double digit dividend growth rates) with payout ratios usually under 40%. I can keep on going, but what I am trying to say is that it has worked for me beautifully. I do a deep fundamental analysis, on my own..looking for strong yr over yr eps growth, revenue growth, moat, etc. Anyhow...diversification does not have to be boring..and it can make you profits. Good luck...my fingers hurt!!!..lol
    Jan 11, 2012. 01:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Is A Sell And The Insiders Know It [View article]
    Well, Well, I guess I was wrong LULU has reached $60. I still do not trust it...
    Jan 10, 2012. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HP Can Be Saved With Software, Consulting [View article]
    Looks to me that you made a good case for HPQ not being saved. I would say, without any double digit growth in revenues and EPS...why would anyone want to purchase this value crap...so many better stocks out there..IBM, AAPL, MSFT, INTC....HPQ is like YHOO...No clue...no where!!!
    Jan 9, 2012. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Risk Of Slowing Growth At Lululemon [View article]
    Maybe LULU is a Canadian story, I mean they still believe that RIMM still has a future, all I know...NOBODY down here in the states want Blackberries...and I do not know one person who wears LULU clothing. Hey, maybe I am wrong...
    Jan 9, 2012. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MasterCard Looks Fairly Valued - Now Is Not The Time To Buy [View article]
    I have owned MA since it was under $200, when it trades next to its 50-day moving average I tend to buy more shares...and in addition, your article just proves the point that MA is a buy...not a sell. I mean do you NOT think its going to $400 in the next year?
    Jan 9, 2012. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Hand That Rocks The Cradle [View article]
    Amazon, not a good investment? Uhm...then someone should tell my Portfolio to give back the triple digit return it has made!!!!..Wait I could invest in Value crap like BBY or RIMM or NOK....decisions , decisions!!!
    Jan 9, 2012. 12:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Dividend Investing Goals [View article]
    Why thank you, Chowder...but to tell you the truth my goal every year is to try make over 20%...I know its crazy, but every once in while I achieve it...lol
    Jan 6, 2012. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Dividend Investing Goals [View article]
    I have had a solid 2011, my overall return in my IRA was just a bit over 15%, for 2012 it is basically more of the same..I look for dividend plays that consistently raise their dividends or companies that are considered growth that pay dividends. My portfolio for 2012: MA, SBUX, JNJ, INTC, WAG, MSFT, XOM, BCPC, PEP, TROW, GWW and DVY. Good luck to all.
    Jan 6, 2012. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Is Riding The Wave Of The Mobile Computing Revolution [View article]
    I do see some appreciation potential in QCOM as well as INTC, but I think with dividends included the return could be between 10 and 15%...and an investor would have to also buy on the dips. I am thinking that in recent years the competition in this space is slowing down appreciation of chip stocks. I am long INTC.
    Jan 5, 2012. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dividend Stocks To Add To Your Portfolio In Q1 [View article]
    Cameron, We are not completely different...I hold Mostly non-dividend stocks in my non IRA account...and they are growth companies..but I do expect two of them AAPL and GOOG to begin paying dividends in the future...As always...A good article...well done.
    Jan 5, 2012. 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dividend Stocks To Add To Your Portfolio In Q1 [View article]
    Cameron, it is good that you now realize that dividend stocks can still grow. My IRA is all dividend stocks..my return in 2011 was 15%...not too shabby...My portfolio, in case you are wondering-consists of MA, SBUX, JNJ, INTC, WAG, MSFT, XOM, BCPC, PEP, TROW, GWW and DVY...learn from me my friend.
    Jan 5, 2012. 11:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M Has Up To 37% Upside Potential [View article]
    Estimates have been lowered for this quarter and last quarter was a miss, also not much growth...certainly not consistent double digit growth..though MMM is a good dividend payer..there are better industrial trades out there like FAST, GWW, DHR, etc...no need to be near MMM...look elsewhere.
    Jan 5, 2012. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Is A Sell And The Insiders Know It [View article]
    LULU is overvalued, it probably will not see $60 again...Yoga pants are not the next fashion wave, epecially $100 yoga pants. This company has no moat, it can not be compared to UA, MSFT, CMG and AAPL...and why would anyone listen to Goldman...or any broker...conviction list after stocks have already had their runs....c'mon, REALLY!!!
    Jan 5, 2012. 10:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs Takes A Shine To Lululemon [View article]
    This is why you cannot listen to Goldman, they put stocks on their conviction list when the story is done...LULU is overvalued. I say do the work yourself and ignore these so-called pros...they could not even see the the 2008/2009 debacle...why trust them...I don't.
    Jan 5, 2012. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment