J. M. Manness

View J. M. Manness' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Apple Cheating On The Dividends? [View article]
    motame

"imposed by the DOW" Is this really a condition?
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple Cheating On The Dividends? [View article]
    bj

got a link for the Morgan Stanley?

Thanbks!
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple Cheating On The Dividends? [View article]
    ASSEMBLED in China???
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple Cheating On The Dividends? [View article]
    johnny c

Thank you! I appreciate the comment.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple Cheating On The Dividends? [View article]
    @ Arthur

Some people like growth - others like dividends. Just a matter of preference.

Regards
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:46 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    2fat

Another thing I like about Apple TV is ease of accessing it from other Apple devices.

Example: Daughter came home one day with music of her new boyfriend on her iPhone and wanted me to listen. "So how do I send this to you?"

No need. I gave her password to the ATV, she lodged onto it, and in less than a minute she was playing songs over the stereo.

Since there is no Amazon Prime app on the ATV, just play it on an iPad and Air Play it to the big screen.

etc...
    Mar 11, 2015. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Edition: Price - Simple Logic [View article]
    Tales

No - no further information. Notice I have not said that necessarily there will be an upgrade path, ONLY that it will be possible to replace the internals. Whether or not internals for next year's model will be compatible - that is still - as you say - an open question.

Regards
    Mar 11, 2015. 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unexpected Bullish Catalysts From Apple's Latest Event: Implications For The Stock [View article]
    DR

Excellent post with numerous good points.

In particular "Apple is a battery company..."

As for the HBO deal - you may appreciate my post here:

Regards - JMM
    Mar 10, 2015. 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    HBO Now site says that it is for USA and selected territories only at this time.
    Mar 10, 2015. 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    @magha

I think the idea is that people who already own an iPhone (or watch if needed) will sign up for various research projects.
    Mar 10, 2015. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    @I M 55

Exactly
    Mar 10, 2015. 10:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    Gary

As tone guru suggests below, (or above depending on where this reply gets placed) - it could be that the actual test device is not the phone/watch itself but a bluetooth connected medical device. This goes blood glucose and many other devices.

I believe there already are digital glucose testers and some (I think) do have iOS apps.

That would solve the FDA problem at least temporarily. I am sure Apple is working with FDA. Here, perhaps they share a concern with privacy. This could possibly turn out extraordinarily well for Apple. What if FDA approved Appel's HealthKt buy refused to do so for Android?
    Mar 10, 2015. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Most Brilliant Move Is Not The Watch [View article]
    never will do
    Mar 10, 2015. 09:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Edition: Price - Simple Logic [View article]
    @ 2

Thanks!

I did not do so bad on the Stainless steel. I am really surprised on the other however. I am sure they have pros to price it out.

Did you note that Cook said "Limited number" regarding Edition collection? Seems like that is how they will play the luxury game.

Actually - it was surprising how little time he spent on the Edition. It took like 20 seconds to announce the pricing and not a lot more to go over the 18K gold.
    Mar 9, 2015. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Edition: Price - Simple Logic [View article]
    Nothing was said to the contrary either.

Do you think that you can put the mechanism into the watch case and NOT take it out again? As long as you can do this, you can change the innards.

Then the question becomes - does next year's form factor change?
    Mar 9, 2015. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment