Seeking Alpha
  • J Mintzmyer
    Sold $INTC, $NLY, and $NORW and picked up a bundle of $BBRY for $9.12. Now my 2nd largest portfolio position.
    9/23/13
    Reply (17)
    • weed: What's your thesis on $BBRY? A bidding war?
      9/23/13
    • J Mintzmyer: That's been my take for awhile. I wanted to buy calls this morning, but had some settled funds issues, so I had to go long the stock.
      9/23/13
    • mjs_28s: isnt the buyout at $9.00?
      9/23/13
    • Tom Shaughnessy: Now this is an interesting take J! interested to see how it plays out. Maybe closer to my $7.5b number? Prob not, glad on Fairfax though!
      9/23/13
    • J Mintzmyer: It's not a 'buyout' like Seeking Alpha (and everybody) is saying. It's a first bid entertainment that $BBRY has tentatively accepted.
      9/23/13
    • J Mintzmyer: In hindsight I could have picked the shares for 25c cheaper-- I'm not a good trader. I wanted to play options, but T-3 forced me into stock.
      9/23/13
    • vandeley: think it drifts higher over the next few days, seems a sudden sell off becuase of news that financing not in place yet
      9/23/13
    • J Mintzmyer: I made a stab at $9.50 for today, clearly wrong on market sentiment. I'm holding until it's done. Hopefully the 3 I sold don't trade up...
      9/23/13
    • joe kelly: Who would be a buyer for $BBRY? Other than the first suitor that is.
      9/23/13
    • J Mintzmyer: We'll see. Clearly the market doesn't think anyone will...
      9/23/13
    • filipposmn: could be a bidding war for me
      9/23/13
    • Joseph P. Porter: According to the news, $BBRY has agreed to be sold for $4.7 B - @ $9.00/share.
      9/23/13
    • Joseph P. Porter: Was purchased by Fairfax Financial.
      9/23/13
    • Valuable Insights: Fairfax Financial gave a letter of intent for $BBRY pending getting financing. The bid looks tenuous and desperate.
      9/23/13
    • DumpsterDiver: Thanks for that timely update. I don't think anyone here had heard about that news.
      9/23/13
    • jamesingram32: @j Mintz. I'm holding my little bbry Long. I think the chances of another bid are slim. There is even a chance this bid could fail.
      9/24/13
    • jamesingram32: this bid is by the same people that can't manage to release an APP! However, I'm prepared to take the chance and wait the 29 days
      9/24/13
      From other sites