Jack Banser

View Jack Banser's Comments BY TICKER:
  • There's A Lot To Like About The Kraft Heinz Company [View article]
    WDL,

BUD has been paying a now semi-annual dividend that has increased for the past 5 years on an annual basis. So it looks like they have been friendly there. QSR has also been paying a dividend since the beginning of this year. As for what KHC has said about dividends it has this- "Company plans to maintain Kraft’s current dividend per share, which is expected to increase over time." numerous times throughout the announcement of the merger and presentations. Thanks for reading and commenting
    Aug 1, 2015. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Black Hills' SourceGas Acquisition Provides Patient Investors Good Entry Point For Current Income [View article]
    If the shares got to a level where the yield was around 5% I might be a buyer. Even though the increases are small, there aren't many names that have increased their dividend 4+ decades sporting a 5% yield. Company should definitely see good positives from the acquisition over the next couple of years.
    Jul 30, 2015. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There's A Lot To Like About The Kraft Heinz Company [View article]
    Suby_alf,

Well Kraft has actually sold some of its brands internationally. When they split back in 2012 Mondelez got the licensing for several kraft products in several different countries. Mondelez has the Philadelphia brand outside of the U.S. and numerous other brands in specific countries (such as Miracle whip in the EU and Jello-o in Mexico). Most of Mondelez's licensing agreements end by 2022 so Kraft will get the brands that Mondelez is currently selling overseas back gradually. I would agree that it has been hyped to a degree, but having a more aggressive management team is definitely something that is different this time. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 30, 2015. 08:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fitbit: The Market For Wearable Fitness Trackers Is Getting Crowded [View article]
    Bullsrunfrombears,

The growth the wearable market has seen over the last 5 years has of course been very strong. While a lot of this growth has come from fitness trackers many forecasts expect smartwatches to be the bigger growth area over the next couple of years while fitness trackers lose overall wearable market share. Fitness trackers will of course still see growth, as they have. I still believe Fitbit will be able to grow both revenue and earnings --relatively strong over the next few years. However, I do not think pressure from competitors and similar products should be overlooked. Since most smartwatches can double as a fitness tracker I see them as a direct threat to possibly taking sales from fitbit in the future as consumers seek more features (almost all the features their phones offer, just on their wrist). I will reiterate that I do think Fitbit still has plenty of room to grow but that investors should keep in mind a growing number of competitors (even if some people don't think they're competition---basically all wearable devices offer fitness tracking so egro they are some form of competition). Thanks for the comment and for reading.

BI wearable forecast-http://tinyurl.com/nrl...

Statista wearable market value forecast-http://tinyurl.com/k8j...
    Jul 29, 2015. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jobehro,

Yes most already have it. You can read about some of the apps available on iPhone and Android here: http://tinyurl.com/peg...
    Jul 29, 2015. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Think-About-It,

Two great thoughts. Thanks for commenting and for reading. That market share is based on units. If it was based on sales Fitbit would obviously be a lot higher seeing as their products are significantly more expensive for the most part and they already have the most market share based on units.

My thought would be that with more names entering the market that the expansion of it will slow quicker seeing as the options consumer will have will be even more expansive. I am not doubting the near term profitability or sales growth that Fitbit will see.
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Scott layer,

I realize that not all of these wearable devices are the same. However, this is Fitbit's peer group. The similarities between most of these products exist heavily. The most basic of course track steps, calories burned, and sleep. I never say that the competition will do better than Fitbit. I even say that I believe Fitbit will continue to dominate the space. In my opinion though people may be willing to select other wearables over Fitbit if they offer more features or are listed at a better price. If you notice this is not a "short" article. I am not specking bad of Fitbit or its products. I am in agreement that sales will continue in the near term to be very good. I am concerned about the long term momentum of sales though. Thanks for reading and for commenting.
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ironhorse,

This is a huge positive going for the Fitbit currently. The people I personally know with them enjoy this immensely. Being realistic most of these other companies could easily develop this platform as well though.
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ironhorse,

I totally agree that they aren't fools, I'm sure they're keeping a close eye on competition. I also think they'll see a continuation of good growth going forward. I just think that investors need to be aware that Fitbit is definitely seeing more competition as this market expands. I don't see the Apple watch being one of those that would gain much share/limit share of Fitbit. I see Jawbone, Garmin, and Xiaomi being the ones that Fitbit needs to be most concerned about seeing as all of there products are extremely similar. That's an interesting thought about them being an acquisition target. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rex.ter,

I think it depends which one you're looking at. Most, especially the more expensive ones, have a ton of features beyond just fitness tracking. For instance the Microsoft Band is able to preview e-mails. Overall the market is so new (pretty much 5 years old at this point) and of course there will be a lot of improvements and adaptions in the future. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 29, 2015. 10:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ykli,

I would expect its overall share to shrink as well. However, since the wearable market is rapidly expanding it would be expected that it will still retain a good share (in terms of sales) of the market as a whole. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 29, 2015. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: Pacific Hydro's $1.5B sale attracts AES, TerraForm [View news story]
    Makes little sense for AES considering they've been disposing of assets and trimming fat. I certainly don't want them to own even more hydro in Brazil.
    Jul 28, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Motor beats by $0.10, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Very solid beat. Trailing 12 month price to earnings is now 12.13x. Forward is roughly 8x.
    Jul 28, 2015. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Auburn National Bancorporation Is A Solid Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    Raj,

Thanks for commenting and reading. The low average trading volume is definitely a drawback to the stock itself.
    Jul 25, 2015. 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aoxin Tianli: The Curious Case Of A Chinese Hog Company [View article]
    Clack,

Thanks for the comment and for reading. There are definitely a good amount of positives going for this company---balance sheet strength being a very big one. The diversification seems to be paying off somewhat, especially since the pork side of the business is already seeing a somewhat sizable hit. Like I tried to highlight I don't necessarily think its a bad company by any means, I am just wary of it being in China and also having such a wide/strange business--at least to me.
    Jul 21, 2015. 09:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment