Jack Haddad

View Jack Haddad's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BAC: Countrywide and Merrill mergers should boost the bank's profits [View instapost]
    17.50 is correct
    Oct 20, 2009. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market resiliency [View instapost]
    I may sustain shorterm paper loss, but it's notjhing new. I want to get head of the crowd.

On Oct 06 01:41 PM Macro_Man wrote:

> However good your reasons are mate, don't get short yet and don't
    > add on to DOG just yet. If you are early can be very painful even
    > if you are right eventually
    Oct 6, 2009. 01:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fake bear trap [View instapost]
    I'm keeping a close on 9810. If we close above again, it will prove a consolidation to propel the maket to a new high.

On Oct 06 10:55 AM Macro_Man wrote:

> The pattern has been the same...kiss the 20 or 50dma and bounce.
    > The trend is still up and it wasnt a bear trap...the trend had not
    > signalled a short.
    > Now, wouldnt be surprised to see 1100 or 1120 and then drop from
    > there. watching 3 month libor...that is the key i think
    Oct 6, 2009. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell into today's retail rally [View instapost]
    The data later this might be bad... and these retailers havehad a tremndous run. M, for example has rallied from 6/share. I'm locking profits until proven otherwise.

On Oct 05 10:47 AM Macro_Man wrote:

> Don't know mate. If we are bouncing off the 50dma on S&P, then
    > the rising tide would lift all boats, including the leaky ones. So,
    > why sell now....why not after stocks have run up to 1100 or 1120?
    > IF, indeed we are going to see dip buying lift stocks up from here
    Oct 5, 2009. 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market still showing resiliency [View instapost]
    Agreed... This pullback is healthy and intermediate uptrend is stil intact until shown otherwise.
    Oct 1, 2009. 04:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Well Positioned for Growth [View article]
    It's a great accumulate at these levels... I would buy shares and hedge by writing Nov strike 60 calls which are paying a premium of 1.45/contract. This is a great premium. Oct strike 60 calls are also juicy at .80, considering that there is only 2 weeks remaining for options to expire.
    Oct 1, 2009. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UNG is a strong buy at 15.35 hedged against the June strike 15 calls. [View instapost]
    It does not have any consequences whatsoever.

On Sep 01 11:45 AM Plant the seeds wrote:

> How does the failure of cap and trade (Pekins plan) have on Nat Gas
    > outlook?
    Sep 1, 2009. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sold DIG for an intraday bounce trade [View instapost]
    I don't short much, especially in an uptrend. I like shorting on weakness. I use a prime broker serivce at Schwab.

On Aug 18 09:53 AM Macro_Man wrote:

> did you sell short? if so, which brokerage do you use. Fidelity doesnt
    > seem to enable shorting of many ETFs as far as I can see
    Aug 18, 2009. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MACD is bearish on all indexes. [View instapost]
    Just becuase the market is generally selling, it does not mean that you cannot be selecitve in going long or short certain ETFs or stocks. for example, I have both long and short postions on M hedged with different call strikes.

On Aug 17 11:11 AM Macro_Man wrote:

> agreed, but then why are you buying DIG and M? shouldn't we be going
    > the other way
    Aug 17, 2009. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shorted M  [View instapost]
    it's okay, I'm a patient short... I have built many short pyramids in the past

On Aug 06 03:24 PM Alice4321us wrote:

> okay.. so the sales are down 10% and the stock goes Nuts... Don't
    > fight the trend my friend...
    Aug 6, 2009. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good suggestion.

On Aug 05 02:18 AM Danny Devito wrote:

> UNG macd bullish, rsi bullish, I suggest to take a look to the spread
    > UNG/USO even in a better opportunity
    Aug 5, 2009. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bought SMN for an intraday trade [View instapost]
    i never set stop losses... I'm always hedged with either calls or opposing ETFs. It works like a charm...
    Aug 3, 2009. 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YHOO: Bought for an intraday bounce or a swing trade. [View instapost]
    Alice, even 15.20, it's a good entry. I truly don't understand the selling. It's overdone.

On Jul 30 11:11 AM Alice4321us wrote:

> I mistimed my entry on this one yesterday at 15.20 and it's hurting
    > today.... I don't trade options so, no downside protection...
    Jul 30, 2009. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bought M for an intraday bounce trade [View instapost]
    Not interest in penny stocks that can be easily manipulated.

On Jul 30 11:07 AM User 449980 wrote:

> Look at Lucas Energy (seekingalpha.com/symbo...) they have
    > 26 wells producing 150 barrels of oil per day at $60.00 pre barrel
    > cash flow positive. See their new research report at lucasenergy.com
    Jul 30, 2009. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Increased position on MEDX and wrote August strike 8 calls [View instapost]
    I didn't expect a buyout... But I earned the mximum premium on strike 8 calls.

On Jul 23 10:02 PM Alice4321us wrote:

> Looks like this one worked out very well for you :)
    Jul 26, 2009. 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment