Jack Holland

View Jack Holland's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Trading SPXU And UPRO: 3 Terms Leveraged ETF Traders Should Know [View article]
    Thanks for the comment;
    It seems to me that we are entering a dangerous scenario when speculation drives commodity prices; I have friends who are farmers up in Illinois.....They tell me that a new breed of buyer is showing up at land auctions; i.e., hedge fund managers and other Wall Street types that have no interest in farming. In other words they may be interested in taking the land out of production.

A second scenario could be unfolding that will have similar implications:
    The housing bubble drove up farmland prices ringing the South Side of Chicago to unbelievable levels, as high as 70k + per acre. Many of these farmers, now gentlemen farmers, could not get the farm out of their blood, so they headed further south, thus driving up farmland prices in Central Illinois. All of this is creating the consolidation of the U.S. food supply into the hands of a few. If Wall street controls not just the speculation but is successful in cornering the nation's farm land, thus owning the underlying commodity, we could be in for a real round of hurt coming down the road in the way of food prices.
    Nov 7 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Are you shorting Amazon or buying puts?
    Nov 7 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your comment !
    Nov 7 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For The Big Gold Short With DZZ [View article]
    Thanks for the comment;
    I don't believe I have commented upon my opinion as to whether or not our nation is on the right path. I suspect that I may agree with your views more than you think, this article merely provides a trading strategy. Good luck!
    Nov 7 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For The Big Gold Short With DZZ [View article]
    Thanks for the comment !
    Nov 7 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For The Big Gold Short With DZZ [View article]
    Thanks for your comment;
    I'm not a perma-bear. I bought physical gold at $800 and sold at $1100 after the Goldman Sachs and other market-moving heavies stepped in and put lofty price targets on gold. Keep in mind the parabolic curve has taken place only in the past few months. For the investor that had the insight to buy in at $275 and hold steady till now, I admire. Just hope he takes a little off the table to make it worth his while. Goldman Sachs just can't help themselves, they must have a bubble on at any given time, and with the manipulations in the gold carry trade, I'd bet that if all holders of gold-backed financial instruments were to demand physical bullion all at once, the game would be up...but of course a short squeeze might just propel the price to new heights before market investigators shut down the scam.
    Nov 7 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.
    Nov 7 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Thanks for the comment;
    This is an interesting conversation. I would like to add that I shop at amazon. My latest purchases where household items. I am a book collector and thus have not yet embraced the kindle. The point is, we may be overlooking the hundreds of thousands of other products that are sold on Amazon which make up a good portion of Amazon's revenue. I enjoy the one-stop shopping experience.
    Nov 7 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment; Good Luck!
    Nov 7 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment;
    If they did this, your shares would most likely lose the built in premium, and the price of your shares would decrease to reflect the dollar value of the new share issued.
    Nov 7 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SPXU And UPRO: Patience And Reasonable Expectations Are Key To Trading Leveraged ETFs [View article]
    Thanks for you comment;
    I agree, the news can confuse the facts, and unfortunately, too many news outlets are playing a game of smoke and mirrors. I believe what is in front of me what I see with my own eyes. For instance, we all know that thousands of teachers did not go back to work this fall, yet the unemployment figures did not reflect this. CNBC fluffed over this, they did mention it, but not a single member of the panel put together to discuss the latest numbers asked why teachers were not being counted. Statistics are wonderful are they not...
    Nov 6 05:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Good point Paulo; only time will tell.
    Nov 4 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. This is just one piece of information for an investor to consider. Now if we could only get the other 49 states to report in on their Best Buys. I believe the data is clear. Best Buy overexpanded during a real estate bubble. Only time will sort it all out.
    Nov 4 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment. It all depends upon the time horizon. I suspect too many folks attempt to make repetitive profits and end up eventually getting caught short. Why not lock in the 20% and come back to trade another day next year. I have held SPXU through a 500 pt. market swing and still managed a profit. What goes up must come down. Patience is the key.
    Nov 4 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When A Best Buy Isn't [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Paulo,

Amazon has a couple of unique things going for it that may drive future earnings; Cloud Storage and the delivery of premium content through their Kindle platform such as deal just cut with ABC and Disney. Best Buy may get stuck with a lot of unsellable real estate.
    Nov 4 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment