Jack Holland

View Jack Holland's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Questions GLD Investors Need To Ask [View article]
    Interestingly enough, the Swiss are more transparent regarding the risks in these funds. The following statement is from the prospectus for the ETFS Gold Trust:

"Purchasing activity in the gold market associated with the purchase of Baskets from the Trust may cause a temporary increase in the price of gold. This increase may adversely affect an investment in the Shares. Purchasing activity associated with acquiring the gold required for deposit into the Trust in connection with the creation of Baskets may temporarily increase the market price of gold, which will result in higher prices for the Shares. Temporary increases in the market price of gold may also occur as a result of the purchasing activity of other market participants. Other gold market participants may attempt to benefit from an increase in the market price of gold that may result from increased purchasing activity of gold connected with the issuance of Baskets. Consequently, the market price of gold may decline immediately after Baskets are created. If the price of gold declines, the trading price of the Shares may also decline."
    Dec 7 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    I'm curious how you get from "help pay off their debts" to paying 100% of the debts off. Interesting how many folks add things to my article that simply are not there.
    Dec 7 10:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Lucent Technologies' Second Coming Close At Hand? [View article]
    Of course Lucent is a speculation. Any stock below $5.00 per share is speculative. That is Stock Market Basics 101. This was made clear in the article.
    Dec 6 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    Did I state they were selling?
    Dec 5 06:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    There are millions of homeowners who thought the bubble was in their heads too.
    Dec 5 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dec 5 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    My article is being either misread, or misinterpreted. I did not say gold would pay 100% of the sovereign's debt. Read all the comments.

Also, add up all the gold Central Bankers claim to hold plus what is supposed to be floating in the market place in the known gold funds, futures and options contracts. You will discover "a problem".
    Dec 5 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    I appreciate your view, however, I doubt a central bank will telegraph its future gold sales unless the intent is to keep the gold market from imploding. I fully understand the fiat currency vs. gold argument. This article does not reflect my personal wishes of having a gold backed currency, but I doubt central bankers care what I think. Nobody thought housing prices would go down either. Central bankers can leverage their gold by leasing it out and then investing in other assets such as stocks and bonds which can provide the catalyst for the stock market to soar to new heights, thus assisting the sovereigns in debt reduction. Perhaps I should have detailed this further in my article. The gold allows them to thus pay off their debts. Once this is done, the selling begins. Much of the gold being sold in the market place is not physical gold. I believe that if everyone holding a gold backed instrument demanded physical gold delivery, the price of gold would soar to new heights due to the imbalance in physical gold available to cover the paper. This is unlikely to happen though, as this fact is obscured from the public. The average gold buyer has no idea of how gold is manipulated by central bankers through leasing, lending, and paper shuffling. And most buyers of gold will be caught off guard when the selling begins.
    Dec 5 08:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    The comments here are indicative of opinions that accumulate during the rise of bubbles.
    Dec 5 08:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    And your educated view is?
    Dec 5 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Israeli Saber Rattling Be The Catalyst For The Next Big Sell-Off? [View article]
    You are absolutely correct that in a crisis the commodity would explode upwards first. The ERX is play for those that are not confident in trading options and futures. The near sighted approach you suggest for readers of this site is interesting. I suppose I am a dinosaur from a different generation.
    Dec 5 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    I prefer watching it rise and then making money with ETN DZZ on the way down.
    Dec 4 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    Wow, you must be a mystic? Are you really able to know what others buy in the stock market? If so, you are wasting your time posting comments here. You should have your own unique brokerage firm...perhaps God's House of Bubbles would be an appropriate name.
    Dec 4 08:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I agree with you, the price gold was rising right along with the housing bubble. However, I believe Greenspan knew exactly what he was doing. I do not buy his sudden bout of ignorance. And yes I fully believe that Central Bankers connive, scheme, hoodwink and lie in order to achieve their self-interest objectives. The data from the Gold Council does not back up your statement that central bankers wish the price of gold to be low.
    Dec 4 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Riding The Gold Wave: Data Points To A Coming Gold Bubble [View article]
    Please note that I stated to help pay off their sovereign debts. And keep in mind that Gold on a balance sheet can be leveraged, leased, lent, and otherwise manipulated to the Central Banker's hearts content....
    Dec 4 06:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment