Jacob Smith

View Jacob Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Belviq Sales Flat - Is Seasonality Coming Into Play? [View article]
    Thanks it is definitely a lot of hours!
    Jun 25 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Belviq Sales Flat - Is Seasonality Coming Into Play? [View article]
    Hey Spencer, long time no see. I've recently opened up my own law firm so I've been busier than hell.

Just wanted to drop by to say "you were right all along." I thought this was going to be huge. I will always admit when I am wrong and I really swung and missed on this stock.
    Jun 20 06:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales See Nice Rise [View article]
    His name is boobybgood, enough said.
    May 2 02:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    Yeah I definitely wasn't talking about you Jakes. Over at YMB some of these people are obsessed with the adjustment and Spencer's articles always have it.
    Mar 10 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    I just don't understand why some of you guys obsessed with converting the IMS and Symphony numbers into the "actual, adjusted" numbers. Certain posters do that all the time over on YMB. Who cares?! Apples to apples, oranges to oranges. Each week the numbers come out and each week we can see if we improved or not. I don't care if it is really 10,000 but IMS reports 7,900 if 7,900 is 1,000 more than the unadjusted numbers the week before.
    Mar 8 01:39 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    Haha, I just love throwing crazy ideas out there once in awhile. We all know this would never happen, but thinking about it is a little fun.
    Mar 8 01:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    Spencer has nothing to do with timing. That's why SA randomly releases some articles at 6 a.m. and then some at 8 p.m. One of the worst parts about writing for SA.
    Mar 7 05:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    ESAI and Weight Watchers should be teaming up, not necessarily in a symbiotic way, but at least to the point where WW commercials might say: With new FDA approved Belviq, studies have shown that your appetite might be reduced and it will better help you on your weight loss quest with Weight Watchers. Doctors recommend both diet and exercise and Weight Watchers will help you keep on track with your diet."

Yes, that was a bad example of a commercial, but you see my point. WW is struggling right now and this could be extremely mutually beneficial for both companies. People that have tried WW and failed (millions of people) will be once again interested in the company now that there is a way to help control their appetite with the first FDA approved weight loss drug in 13 years and Belviq will benefit in sales, instant name recognition, and instead of those dumb "we believe in you, read this pamphlet on diet" ESAI sends out via email they will have access to thousands of WW articles that detail diet, exercise, and recipes.
    Mar 7 05:17 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Sees Growth Continue With Belviq [View article]
    I have heard that as well. I think they truly are "getting out" before t.v. commercials start. Not necessarily because they actually think the commercials will make Belviq the next big thing, but because they are concerned that such a perception will bring the stock to new heights in the short term.
    Mar 7 05:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales To Hit $150 Million In 2014? [View article]
    By the way David, did you really just say that the "middle aged obese" segment of the population is "disappearing?" Now I know you have ulterior motives.
    Mar 4 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales To Hit $150 Million In 2014? [View article]
    I definitely think people will know in a matter of weeks to a month whether they are responders.
    Mar 4 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales To Hit $150 Million In 2014? [View article]
    Loved the analysis. Spot on Jakes!
    Mar 3 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Future Sales Of Arena Pharmaceuticals' Belviq: Let's Make Some Informed, Quantitative Predictions Using Expected Value [View article]
    O.k. so we'll shoot you a text when the stock is trading at $22 a share then.
    Mar 3 09:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales To Hit $150 Million In 2014? [View article]
    Oh and yes Esai dropped the ball big time on this thing. I'm not in the "we are doomed" club just yet because I still think they can redeem themselves, but they expected the reception to be like 5 - 10 times great with meager effort, as you can tell by their "estimated numbers" they gave last year and what they actually produced.
    Mar 2 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena's Belviq Sales To Hit $150 Million In 2014? [View article]
    Exactly Jakes. And let's not compare Belviq to other drugs that people need for diseases and such like Hep C stuff Gilead is doing. You don't need to really market stuff like that. Most people still think of weight loss as "man think of how good I would look" instead of "this could save my life." No one that is obese really feels like they have a disease unless they have diabetes or something along with it. They just think of themselves as fat. The biggest obstacle to losing weight for them is appetite suppression. They don't just go to the doctor and say "doctor please prescribe me weight loss drugs to curb my appetite" because 1) there is a social stigma that people just think of them as lazy and 2) they have probably never heard of anything being approved since FenPhen so everything must just be too dangerous.

Thus, with this drug, it is all about awareness.
    Mar 2 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment