Jacob Wolinsky

View Jacob Wolinsky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Klarman raises alarm over asset prices, cites tech “nosebleed valuations” [View news story]
    As first appeared on VW

Mar 10 11:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hemisphere Media Group Is An Attractive And Pure-play Spanish-language TV And Cable Content Provider [View article]
    I hear Kase Capital has a big long in HMTV as well
    Nov 11 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: A Neutral Observer's Take [View article]
    One of Muddy Waters’ allegations that has generated the most hype is NQ Mobile sorting cash and cash equivalents as Level 2 assets on its balance sheet. Allen Huang, an accounting professor at Hong Kong University of Science And Technology, said that classifying cash as level 2 is not wrong in essence but there is usually some cash at level 1. NQ Mobile has nothing. In response to Barrons’ Shuli Ren, Huang said,

“The fact that all their cash and cash equivalent is in level 2 means they have no cash at all, only short term debt security, and those securities has no trading in active market. So I would seriously worry if a firm doesn’t have any cash on hand and no active market to sell their so-called cash equivalents. If you can’t even trust the cash, what can you trust?” http://bit.ly/184T0DE
    Nov 4 02:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conference picks from hedge fund chiefs [View news story]
    More notes http://on.wsj.com/HCMiO6

Nov 3 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Loeb reportedly takes stake in Nokia, shares higher [View news story]
    Letter http://bit.ly/1eGqCMK
    Oct 22 10:47 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Among Jim Chanos' tip-offs for value traps: Cyclical and/or highly dependent on one product, and hindsight driving profit expectations. Among the stocks that fit: CONSOL Energy (CNX), Petrobas (PBR), Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Coinstar (CSTR), Banco Santander (SAN), and Australia's Fortescue.  [View news story]
    Thats not even a value trap that just is a suckers bet!
    Jun 27 02:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aggressive Growth Plan Sets Sunpeaks Ventures Up For Bright Future [View article]
    I was very transparent in my disclosure and SA allows sponsored posts. I did my best job to prevent the long side. I am not recommending anything.
    Apr 15 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A +1.1%) Burlington Northern railroad plans to increase capital spending to $3.9B this year in order to boost capacity for coal shipments as demand increases with oil pipelines maxing out. The proposal includes $2.1B for the core network and another $1.1M on locomotive, freight car and equipment acquisitions. [View news story]
    Source?
    Feb 1 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calling the "Too-Big-To-Fail" banks "one one of the greatest threats to our long-term economic prosperity," Jon Huntsman notes that the six largest financial institutions have assets worth over 66% of GDP, up from 20% in the 1990s. As President, Huntsman would break up these lenders; he also yearns for more community banks.  [View news story]
    Banking assets are 90% of GDP according to a really good hf manager i know. In France its over 400, same with Sweden and Denmark.
    Jan 9 01:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Forcefully defending himself at a press conference, SNB chief Hildebrand rejects all accusations regarding his family's currency transactions. A bit more color on those: Three weeks before Hildebrand cut the legs out from under the franc, his wife sold 400K of them for greenbacks. Following the franc's plunge, the family bought them back to finance a property deal. A PWC investigation has found no impropriety.  [View news story]
    Maybe Congress can also learn a lesson and resign for their insider trading....
    Jan 9 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immunocellular Therapeutics: An Interesting Biotech [View article]
    They do PR for them. If you want more info ask JSDC, I honestly do not know more.

Bio I disclose everything. Not interested in committing fraud. I follow their guidelines exactly and SA's.
    Jan 1 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MC poll: What are your predictions for 2012? Which way will stocks go? What about oil and gold? What will happen with the eurozone crisis, or U.S. unemployment? Any under-the-radar stocks or ETFs worth keeping an eye on?  [View news story]
    Elections have nothing to do with market returns, sorry to burst your bubble. I can show you tons of articles on the topic if you want.
    Dec 26 06:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It will fluctuate
    Dec 26 09:52 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Valuation Issues - Extreme Forces - Earnings Vs. E10, Bond PE's Vs. S&P 500 PE's [View article]
    Thanks Paul,

Doug and I collaborate on the series. He is very busy with his new role, but I am trying to get shadowstats CAPE numbers. My wickedly smart analyst friend put the shiller PE using shadowstat data at 12-13. I think in general Shiller's regular method is a bit too bearish, but it overall one of the best market valuation tools.
    Dec 18 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Very good summary. I do something similar every month with CAPE, Tobins Q, Dividend Yield, P/B etc. I am just curious I heard if you used older inflation numbers the Shiller PE would actually be closer to 12 or 13, do you have any information on this?

If anyone wants to check it out here is my monthly article for December-http://bit.ly/syP1fn
    Dec 9 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment