Jacob Wolinsky

• Seth Klarman’s Winning Stock Picks [View article]
    Nice article I am a big Fan of Klarman thanks for all the research
    Jan 12 08:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Country ETFs Sorted by Valuation and Momentum [View article]
    Anyone?
    Jan 11 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed vice-chair Yellen defends QE, pointing to a study by 4 of her researchers concluding the $600B bond buying program will create 700K jobs. Hey, that was easy. Why not conjure up 1.4M positions by doubling the purchases?  [View news story]
    So just believe the Government knows what its doing. Surely Iraq and the financial meltdown are great examples of just trusting the Government knows what they are doing right?
    Jan 9 10:59 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So lets have QE2 of six trillion hey and well get back almost all the jobs we lost from the recession. Yey!!
    Jan 9 10:58 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Country ETFs Sorted by Valuation and Momentum [View article]
    Russia only has an earnings yield of 5.35? Are you sure about that. I have read numerous places it is much much higher.
    Jan 9 06:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Market Valuation: Returns Over the Next Ten Years Will Be Sub-Par [View article]
    I am surprised it is that high that sounds like 07 numbers. Can you provide a link? If that is true it is truly shocking, and with Daley (a former Fannie member) in the WH we will have more Wall Street control. Change you can believe in?

The problem is that we can get the few good guys from Wall Street like David Einhorn, but our Government is too dumb and they would never accept these positions.
    Jan 8 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Arbaxix. Just curious are you saying finance industry now accounts for over 25% of GDP. Where is that from?
    Jan 6 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Fighting Chinese Protectionism: Good News for Steel [View article]
    Do you see Nucor in particular, benefiting from this?
    Dec 23 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Valuation for December 2010 [View article]
    His measure is not perfect either but besides including two awful market drops it includes one massive bubble 03-07 and that kind of evens it out. The truth is their is no perfect measure and if I find value in individual stocks I ignore these numbers. The reason I started these series was I as getting pissed off with so many ppl saying the market was very overvalued in late 08 b/c earnings went off a cliff. I thought it was really dumb since they were basing it on the largest drop in earnings in history.

What do you find to be the best metric? I am thinking of adding investor sentiment since it is a contrarian sign, working on getting the data currently.
    Dec 8 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The bond market looks to be the story today with the yield on the 10 year treasury soaring 23 basis points to 3.16%. It's the highest yield since July and about 65 basis points higher than when the Fed began its program designed to lower long term rates.  [View news story]
    Nice I am short long term treasuries! anyone buying the 10 year with this yield is going to get crushed it might be tomm in a month or in five years, but it will happen.
    Dec 7 03:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Valuation for December 2010 [View article]
    Treasury prices dropped Tuesday, pushing 10-year yields up by the most since June 2009, after Congress and the White House compromised on a tax package that is expected to raise the deficit and increase the government’s borrowing needs. www.marketwatch.com/st...
    Dec 7 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Valuation for December 2010 [View article]
    None of the metrics are perfect, I agree with you about GDP. I like shiller and Tobins Q the best which means the market would be really over-valued.
    Dec 7 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Market Valuation for December 2010 [View article]
    I am short long term treasuries up about 7% so far, I am even getting scared of short term bonds at this point.
    Dec 7 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ark Restaurants Corp: An Enviable Economic Moat [View article]
    I had the same exact question. Very inappropriate at best, and illegal at worst.
    Dec 7 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With today's record-low interest rates, governments should be borrowing more - not stop spending, Yale professor Robert Shiller writes. Rock-bottom rates offer governments a significant arbitrage opportunity: "Borrow massively at these low real interest rates, and invest the proceeds in positive-returning projects, such as infrastructure or education."  [View news story]
    I said I think he is wrong.
    Nov 19 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment