View as an RSS Feed
View Jaded Consumer's Articles BY TICKER:
American Capital Ltd.: What A Share Is Worth
- Accounting for dilution at options exercise, assets are worth $18.22 per share pre-split.
- Impending separation into three entities will reduce confusion about value and improve pricing for the post-split asset manager.
- Changes in regulatory treatment as a non-BDC will allow more aggressive compensation terms in management agreements, improving earnings growth.
Apple's Innovation: Proof It's Over, Or Reason To Buy?
- Apple's post-news sell-off isn't unusual - but is it an opportunity?
- Far from having lost some old lead gained from early innovation, Apple continues to develop differentiated products customers love.
- Apple's competitive position in China has changed for the better.
- Apple's Q4'2014 will be driven not only by holiday demand but huge order backlogs from Q3'2014.
American Capital Ltd.: Loving The Hate
- News frequently characterizes ACAS' business-as-usual news as negative.
- Complexity in ACAS' operations and reorganization plans precludes sound-bite synopses and headlines.
- Until ACAS reorganizes to separate funds management from managed funds, marketplace confusion should persist regarding the company's outlook and valuation.
Apple's iPhone Launch: Predicting A Strong 2014 Holiday Quarter?
- Apple's record-setting iPhone launch didn't include China.
- Chinese demand for Apple's phones is high.
- Chinese launch sales atop the holiday season sales suggest a new record quarter.
- Apple Pay promises improved margins across Apple's entire product lineup from internal transaction processing.
Berkshire: Still Beating The S&P
- Berkshire's scale and diversity prevent it from acting like a nimble market participant.
- Berkshire keeps tens of billions uninvested to support its liquidity policy.
- Berkshire's productive businesses still beat the S&P.
Scale Is Opportunity At Apple
- Apple's Fall shipping reservations echoes its holiday shipping for the first iMac, which displaced competitors seeking to make holiday sales.
- Apple's volumes make possible capital investments that competitors can't easily match.
- Apple's vertical integration prevents competitors from interfering with Apple's operations.
Apple's Quality Is A Competitive Advantage
- Quality products support Apple's margins and its profit.
- Apple's consistent top marks in satisfaction surveys mean customer retention, word of mouth, trust.
- Apple's quality reputation makes iOS the priority platform even for cross-platform developers.
- Apple's reputation for quality aids entry into new market segments.
Apple's Position Supports Payment Processing Enterprise
- Apple's Passbook system grows its position as a payment intermediary, as suggested in 2011.
- Apple's top-tier customers make its payment network as attractive to sellers as to existing payments firms.
- Apple has deals underway with American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
American Capital: 2014 Mid-Year Update
- Persistent NAV discount and continued NAV growth.
- Reorganization plans clearer.
- Update to prior ACAS coverage.
- Some Math On ACAS' Capital Returns
- Understanding American Capital After 2Q2013
- Understanding American Capital's 4Q2012 Earnings Announcement
- Apple Scores By Skating Where The Puck Is Going Internationally
- Understanding Apple's Anemic Quarter
- Is Apple's Threat Real In The Living Room?
- Apple: Cheaper Phone Means Cheaper Stock?
- American Capital: Back In The Business-Building Business
- Mobile Manufacturers Part III: Apple Makes More Money
- Mobile Manufacturers Part II: Samsung Sells More Stuff
- Mobile Manufacturers Part I: Killer Competition
- Understanding Google's Position In The Platform War (Part 2)
- Understanding Google's Position In The Platform War (Part 1)
- Apple After The Riot, Shortage, Strike, Etc.: Still A Buy?
- Research In Motion - Up, But Better?
- Normalcy Returning To American Capital
- Apple: Pricing Policy, Pricing Power, And Profit
- Has Apple Peaked?
- More Growth At American Capital Ltd.
- One Year Of American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp.
- Why To Buy Apple's Post-Earnings Drop
- Understanding American Capital's Future
- Accreditation Apoplexy At Bridgepoint Education