Jae Jun

View Jae Jun's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    seekingalpha website problem.
    Jul 9, 2014. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    Pretty much the same line of thought written in my article.

They are much smaller, have always been around, not particularly cheap if you are talking about prices.
    Jul 9, 2014. 12:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    Phil Fisher (http://bit.ly/1qGjKWU) once said "Don’t quibble over eighths and quarters."

I think WFM is a buy now. So a few cents or even a dollar here isn't going to matter in the long run because the intrinsic value is much higher.
    Jul 8, 2014. 06:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    ??
    Jul 8, 2014. 06:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    Yup. I also mentioned the same in my article. http://bit.ly/1r3B3k8
    (this one was a guest post btw)

WMT shoppers are a totally different demographic. Organic is the last thing on their mind.
    Jul 7, 2014. 02:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    great points. I see that you are one of the few that get it with respect to #3. Same reason why people go to Starbucks instead of McDonald's for coffee.
    Jul 7, 2014. 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    how cheap?
    Jul 7, 2014. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whole Foods Is Cheap, Take Advantage Of Mr. Market's Panic [View article]
    I agree that WFM currently is a great buy and hold, but there will be a time where the price will go up and it will no longer be a good hold. That's when I plan to sell.
    Jul 7, 2014. 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    @Wisconsin,
    Majority of investors are not Whole Foods target market.
    Especially value investors.

The same argument can be applied to houses, suits, shoes, watches, handbags, cigarrettes, alcohol, lottery tickets etc etc.
    Jun 19, 2014. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    That China statement is correct actually.
    Whether it's better nowadays can be investigated, but Trader Joes has and so far, still do provide food from China.
    Jun 19, 2014. 03:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    @foodman,

Sounds like we are saying the same thing. The only difference is what we perceive to be the end result.

I see it as being fine.

I stopped at Trader Joes, but ended up going somewhere else. Having experienced this, I wont bother stopping by TJ anymore because it was a waste of time. Prefer a one stop shop.

The trend towards natural and organic food is real and will continue to grow.

I've been to other local community owned coop stores and local stores, same deal. Difficult to find everything in one go so I save my trip for one big trip somewhere else.
    Jun 18, 2014. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    @foodman,

No Wegmen's stores around here, but I've been to plenty of Trader Joes and other local and community owned natural food stores.

My wife was trying to get her products into the natural food retailers so I have a fairly good understanding of how they do business and why WFM is still above the competition.

The biggest thing is that Trader Joe's selection is tiny. You cannot finish your shopping at Trader Joe's. You need to go to another store so it's more of a "pick up something that you need" type of store.
    The carts are not full with other items. I once went in looking for ingredients to make a stir fry. Came away mighty short of most ingredients needed as they don't carry it. Meat selection is tiny, produce is also tiny.

Also, Trader Joes sells private label items where a lot come from China and many are not even organic. They just design the labels so that it looks friendly and natural.

Haven't been to the other stores, but WFM and Trader Joe's are still very different.
    Jun 18, 2014. 02:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    @Jay S,

That's what I'm banking on too.
    Jun 18, 2014. 02:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Is A BMW, Stop Comparing It To A Kia [View article]
    @alicat
    your experience is echoed among many others.

Analysts and many people miss the appeal of WFM because they've never been to one or they are not WFM's target audience.

I have to drag my wife out of there. She drives 20 mins just to get gluten free loaf of bread when she can get something similar and cheaper at a nearby store. I live 2 blocks from a Kroger and 1 block from a SVU.

WFM makes it a pleasurable experience for their fans.
    Jun 17, 2014. 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment