Jaimini Desai

View Jaimini Desai's Comments BY TICKER:
  • S&P 500: Get Ready For A Bounce [View article]
    What I meant to say was that I think the Fed and market were too optimistic in its assessment of the US and global economy that we are on the verge of a self sustaining recovery. Based on recent data and the continued struggles of emerging markets that notion looks shaky. Didn't mean to imply a prediction for 2014.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Feb 7 06:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: 3 Reasons To Be Mega Bullish [View article]
    I actually agree with you. Maybe I should made it more clear in my article that this was meant for a shorter term time frame. I think longer term investments entail much greater risk and being patient 1-2 years in the future much better valuations can be had.

Despite this longer term bias, I try to remain objective when evaluating short term moves. Agree that the Nasdaq has been strong and there has been more distribution lately during the weakness in May-June and recently.
    Sep 4 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P500: Warning Signs Accumulate, Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    These sectors and also emerging markets and precious metals have been showing remarkable strength during this market weakness. And I think it is a sign of accumulation as for so long they were the weakest part of the market.

I am hoping that eventually this weakness in the market leads to some selling in these names, and I would look to aggressively buy.
    Aug 17 07:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P500: Warning Signs Accumulate, Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Similarly the total market cap to GDP levels are at overvalued levels.

Aug 17 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P500: Warning Signs Accumulate, Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    I agree, since November 2012 we haven't really had a big pullback or moment when fear was elevated. It would be healthy to wipe away some froth.
    Aug 17 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P500: Warning Signs Accumulate, Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Frankly, I have had to come to terms that I am not real good at long term forecasting. I do believe like Faber that there has to be some long term cost to distorting prices. However, the "doomers" have been wrong for the last 4+ years.

I have to admit that I was one of those who was expecting inflation to be unleashed due to the Fed's actions, and so far I have been totally wrong.
    Aug 17 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Do You Find Pricing Failures? [View instapost]
    Getting rain checks when food products are 50% off. Then, using the rain check when there is a buy 1 get 1 free sale.
    Aug 15 03:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    The dollar has actually held up well in terms of commodities, other currencies. As long as inflation is low, the only constraint to the Fed printing will be its own political will.
    Jun 19 08:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    For me, I think choppy markets require small positions and taking small losses and profits. From mid April to May, we were in a trending market, so I did not feel the need to take much action or write articles.

Based on the evidence, I think right now we are in a choppy market. with a possibility that we break higher.
    Jun 19 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    Possible theory: Wall of Worry
    Jun 19 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    There seems to be a lot of skepticism about this move up so far, it's possible that we take out the highs pretty soon.
    Jun 19 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    Another possibility is the market remains rangebound and money rotates from interest rate sensitive securities which have been very strong over the past years to more lagging sectors.
    Jun 19 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    I'm sure a lot of liquidation would take place if we fall hard given the amounts of leverage in place. However, leverage and sentiment have corrected somewhat from late May. And you are right, the market seems to move on the rumor du jour.
    Jun 19 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500: Low Risk, High Reward Opportunity For Bulls [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. Assuming this is a bubble, then one of the drivers of the bubble - Fed liquidity - will remain ready to flow as long as inflation remains subdued, which it has so far.
    Jun 19 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Important Lesson From Today's Trading [View article]
    Nice work. Market internals are very important.
    Jun 11 09:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment