James Altucher

View James Altucher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • James Altucher: Why The Stock Market Is A Sucker's Game Right Now (And What Stocks I Own) [View article]
    Well, individual stocks is different than betting on the broader market. Some companies will do well and their stock prices will go up.

As for non-stock market advice: I regularly preach that the best investment is in yourself and there are a variety of ways one can do that.
    Apr 30 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Who is related to who? And yes, in 2008 there was an oversupply of shares (many, many IPOs, and few stock buybacks.
    Apr 30 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I specifically mentioned Obamacare in the post. But I'm not political at all. I look at the issues as they relate to my investments.
    Apr 30 12:43 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Alpha!
    Apr 30 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, anyone who paid attention to that call made money.
    Apr 30 12:31 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    First off: if you have noticed: I give out my books for free on my site. On Amazon I sell them for 99 cents because they don't let me go lower than that.

Not sure how you think anyone makes money off of books they give away for free. I can make a second point here but what's the point?
    Apr 30 12:26 PM | 30 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ted, I've always based it (on the long-term) on supply and demand. Again, I think we do see new highs again in the long-term. But for once, I'm on the side of people who have an edge picking individual stocks instead of the broader market. The supply/demand equation is not there for me now in the short-term.
    Apr 30 12:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Regarded, I hope so as well. He's a smart guy and building a good business. Thanks.
    Apr 30 12:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Eli! I like unnoticed names that are in the same general area (both in industry and geographically in this case) as the more established names that the big institutions have already dominated.
    Apr 30 12:07 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Still A Buy Even Though Amazon And Google Have Better Products [View article]
    Haha. I actually RECOMMEND Apple here.
    Jan 27 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know. Sergey was just photographed on NYC Subways wearing the glasses. I bet the release is sometime within the next 12 months.

Again, just having this conversation is what is weighing on AAPL stock. But, that said, AAPL is cheap here.
    Jan 27 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. I usually get real good treatment in an Apple store. This was on Prince Street in NYC at the end of October. Might have been October 29. And the line was just long enough to google alternatives to the iphone (we googled using our ipads) and my wife and I both went out and got Note IIs and an S3 for one of my kids (the other refuses to part with her iphone). All 4 of us (including iphone girl) are very happy.
    Jan 27 06:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You may be right. But at least its a discussion. Two years ago, even one year ago, it wasn't even a discussion.
    Jan 27 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm holding Google for the eventual arrival of Google Glasses, which I will be first on line to buy.
    Jan 27 04:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    He doesn't really need to do any of these things. There is no need for them to feel desperate about their stock. No need to show weakness in management.
    Jan 27 04:39 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment