James Jenckes

View James Jenckes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Recent Sell: Target Corporation [View article]
    ARG1,

Thanks for stopping by.

I mentioned four ideas in the article. At this point I have replace TGT. I'm waiting for S&P 500 to pullback a bit. At the present time its P/E ration is pushing 20. I would be nice to see that come down a bit before I dive into something.

FYI, a couple other ideas to watch are OKE, TGH, VZ.

Regards,
    Jan 26, 2015. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Sell: Target Corporation [View article]
    mscottbone,

Thanks for stopping by and making a comment.

Concerning the dividend, at the time of sale I believe had a yield of 3.37% at my cost basis. My target has always been better then 3% or better. But, has I get older and wiser, LOL, I want to try to move my average dividend yield up the scale a bit each year. So, I think I can do better than 2.7% by moving to another position. I gave some ideas, in the article, about what stock I might move to.

I just thought I would be a good idea to take my gains and possibly buy back later if the stock gets back to a yield near 3.5%

Regards,
    Jan 26, 2015. 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Sell: Target Corporation [View article]
    Thanks for all the comments.

I have to agree with those who believe TGT will eventually get better. But for me in this particular market environment I decided to take the money and run. It's not to say I won't be back. It's just that I believe in the short term the price has to come down.

Regards,
    Jan 26, 2015. 02:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Companies Returning Value To Shareholders [View article]
    Vandooman,
    Thanks for your perspective on the Canadian currency issue. I agree it is an issue to be careful of if investing in Canada.
    Regards,
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Companies Returning Value To Shareholders [View article]
    1416,
    Thanks for stopping in and making a comment.

Regards,
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Companies Returning Value To Shareholders [View article]
    rstar,
    Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    cfb,

I appreciate your comments and kind words.

I will be doing something similar with my IRA's. Converting to Roth as much as possible seems be a good idea.

I'll be waiting for your report, don't forget!
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    Ben F,
    Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

Good idea to convert a Trad. IRA to Roth, or as much as you able without taking to much of a tax hit.

Regards,
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    Dividend Sleuth,
    As always, I'm glad to have your comments. And, yes it good to have different options available.

Regards,
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    User 7044411
    Thanks for the comment.
    Regards,
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    rratty,
    Yes, I am amazed how many times I hear that same thing. There's no real discussion as to why you should wait, only that "your check will be bigger"!

Thanks,
    Jan 20, 2015. 06:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    D.S.,
    Thanks for you comments and concerns.

I stated in the article I have to draw down my account by $52000 a year at the present time. That's the $72000 needed minus the $20,000 in dividends. At present time I have enough cash that I don't have to sell any assets for this coming year. If I have SSB of $26,000 year, I would only have to draw down the account $26,000. That's the $52,000 minus the $26,000 of SSB. So, I get to keep the $26,000 I would have taken out, had I not taken the SSB. Essentially, I have an extra $26,000 I can keep invested and not withdraw this year.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Jan 20, 2015. 06:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    Balanced,
    Thanks for you remarks, I appreciate you stopping by.
    Regards,
    Jan 20, 2015. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Social Security Benefits To Enhance Portfolio Returns [View article]
    eddie,
    Thanks for stopping by and adding to the conversation.
    Jan 20, 2015. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment