View as an RSS Feed
View James Picerno's Articles BY TICKER:
- Weather and the Economy
- Are Deflationary Winds Starting to Blow Again?
The First of Many Rate Hikes
on Feb 19, 2010 • 4 Comments
- What About the Customers' Investment Returns?
- Jobless Claims Jump Again
- Housing and Industrial Production Numbers Continue to Recover, But What About Jobs?
- Risk, Regulation and the Trouble With Macroeconomics
- Retail Sales: Easy Gains Don't Always Translate Into Long-Term Growth
- Investment Advice and Portfolio Strategy: Following the Rules
- Employment Is Recovering, But Will the Markets Tolerate the Long, Slow Process?
- No Surprises in Bernanke's Latest Statement
- Bank Regulation vs. the Realities of the Financial System
- Stagflation Reenters the Conversation
- Indexing in an 'Inefficient' Market
- The Importance of Asset Allocation and Portfolio Rebalancing
- Toward an Exit Strategy at the Fed
The Pundits and the Labor Market
on Feb 8, 2010 • 2 Comments
- Another Month, Another Near Miss for Jobs
- The Burden of Borrowing: Loan Demand Down as Costs Skyrocket
- Initial Jobless Claims: A Change in the Trend?
- Jobs Preview: 22,000 Lost in January, But We're Near the Turnaround Point
- Jobs in the Spotlight Once Again
- Making Sense of the Growing ETF Landscape
- Economic Recovery: A Fork in the Road
- Welcome to the Age of Nuance
Why Didn't the European System Fare Better in this Recession?
on Jan 29, 2010 • 8 Comments
- Will the Labor Market Follow the Surge in GDP?
- Bernanke's Job Now: Improve Confidence
- Cochrane: Diagnosing the Financial Crisis
- The Improving Trend for Jobless Numbers Continues, But the True Test Is Still to Come
- The FOMC's Latest: What It All Means
- The Fed's (Not So) Shocking Disclosure