James Stocklasar Thomas Jr.

View James Stocklasar Thomas Jr.'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Alternative View Of Acadia Pharmaceuticals' Phase III Results [View article]
    Honestly, I dislike it when supposed professionals who don't own any shares suggest that out of the good-will of their hearts and for the sake of humanity write an article like this one.

1. You wrote: "I will give a brief introduction to variable types, and then explain why Acadia choose an inappropriate test for the type of data collected in their Phase III trial." Funny, tell that to the FDA who interacted with Acadia in the design of the clinical trial.

2. Exactly what does this redundant statement mean: "For these reasons, I believe Acadia should have taken a cautious approach to its statistical analyses, and treated ordinal data, as well, ordinal data." What? Is this a typo? Who edited this sentence?

3. I'm all for physiological data, shall we tell that to BioSante who had all the physiological data but failed none-the-less? If you are a physiologist than you need to let go of your angst against psychology. The data is data. Either people hear voices or see imaginery visions or they don't. Get a grip.

I rate this article: PATHETIC.

While Acadia may be retracing, I rate articles couched in science like this one utter nonsense.

Have a nice day.
    Dec 10 04:27 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasoned Case For Celsion's ThermoDox [View article]
    Tuppy, the company manufactures the patent-protected nanoparticles containing doxorubicin. The live cancer market is easily a billion plus.
    Dec 10 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasoned Case For Celsion's ThermoDox [View article]
    Good point Ronrohkal. I don't see safety issues here to derail Thermodox and I think the trial design was dead-on. As for efficacy, I view the compounding history that includes multiple targets plus how the data is playing out as a bullish signal.
    Dec 10 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasoned Case For Celsion's ThermoDox [View article]
    Here's a few facts:

1. The phase III trial started in 2008 and that's easy to prove http://1.usa.gov/T1QEzv so it's been a slightly less than 4 year study.

2. The multiple review of safety plus the fact that Thermodox employs doxorubicin (already approved) makes it easier to see no show-stopper safety issues here.

3. I will continue to maintain, with a little work, you can track enrollment, and if you understand that recurrence is rather high (<yr) for those who received radiofrequency ablation ALONE, it seems rather logical that "events" were triggered almost exactly when Celsion first predicted the trial end back in 2008. I will continue to maintain that Thermodox treatment is the only rational reason for the non-events.

Today's market sell-off is nothing short of comical. This stock has a great shot at much higher double digit territory.

Have a nice day.
    Dec 10 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Amarin: Buy Celsion For A Bigger Score [View article]
    Perhaps investors may want to read a positive presentation on Celsion http://seekingalpha.co...

Have a nice day.
    Dec 10 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Reasoned Case For Celsion's ThermoDox [View article]
    Regexpert, Honestly, I find your comment comical, but thanks anyway. Have a nice day.
    Dec 10 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Possible Liberty Media Strategy For Its Sirius Dividend [View article]
    Spencer,

I continue sup at the table of SA's #2 biotech author Spencer Osborne whose knowledge exceeds my own, yet inspires me to represent the morsels of opportunity to investors who prefer triple, yes triple, percent returns. http://seekingalpha.co...

Thanks for your continual insight Spencer (and your staff of writers).
    Dec 6 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rally In Celsion Continues On Upcoming HEAT Study Results And SPA Declaration By FDA [View article]
    Brian, You are incredibly knowledgeable and my goal is to learn from your wealth of information. I recently highlighted a speculative firm called Cel-Sci (CVM) http://seekingalpha.co... and was equally stunned by how many entertained my investment interest.

BTW, Celsion is on Stocklasar's radar screen just as Acadia was.

All the best.
    Dec 6 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Teva's Immunotherapy Investment [View article]
    Correct Berloe. There is one theory that the vivus and cancer indication is similar to cervix cancer for example, as well as other indications. Cel-Sci has studied Multikine in a variety of indications (breast cancer, prostate cancer), but for now is focused on head & neck for which it has Orphan Drug status. BTW, the market value here is multiple. For 29 cents a share, what a bargain!!!
    Dec 6 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smart Day Traders Ring The Register On Acadia And Zalicus [View article]
    Check out this opportunity CVM http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 5 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 5 Fiscal Cliff Biotech Buys [View article]
    I direct readers to a unique buying opportunity (CVM)

Dec 5 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Teva's Immunotherapy Investment [View article]
    As I explained, the risk here is minimal if your investment is minimal, but if you study all the data (preclinical thru phase II) as I have, then you may be inclined to arrive at the view that Teva has gotten behind this research investment for strictly business reasons: to make money. In pictures, research articles, and SEC filings, my own opinion is that Multikine has better than average odds of succeeding and the noise around CVM is just that - noise. BTW, I recently correctly called Acadia's phase III clinical trial and before that a number of others in 2012. I study the science.

IMO, CVM is an opportunistic buy.
    Dec 5 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Weekly Recap: Loads Of Bullishness, 2 Giant Rallies, And Selling [View article]
    Excellent article.
    Dec 2 04:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm 'In Cash' For Biotechs In A Bearish Market [View article]
    Mr. Webb,

You're sorta' uninformed. All the stocks I referenced, I have been known to cover over 2012. Thus, I reached out to my audience.

Also, I was rather candid that my 'in cash' position is to protect earlier year earnings. IMO, the recent market rebound is a small blip. I think a much bigger downturn is on the way. I am very negative on the market until I see a major correction.

Thus, I wrote an article chosen by SA to publish that I'm, in cash, ready to pounce if/when I decide to... I invest to make money, not to win the Pulitzer Prize...

Your comments Mr. Webb entertained me. I'm not buying into this market.

All the best and have a nice day.
    Nov 26 09:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Investors Feeling Little Impact From Mel's News [View article]
    The great news is that Liberty is taking over and now Sirius can be propelled to a double digit stock rather than be led by a cash-grabbing overpaid CEO who deserves "No thanks"...

The real hero is Liberty and their CEO who has executed a perfect takeover and is going to make a hefty amount of money for Liberty and Sirius shareholders.

"Hey Mel, don't let the door hit you on the way out."
    Oct 25 07:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment