James W. Burke

View James W. Burke's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Three directors booted at Adamis Pharma [View news story]
    60% loss? Assuming you bought post-reverse split, that means you bought on the day it hit its high (above 7) and sold on the day it hit its low (60% loss from 7 would be 2.80 share price). That's pretty poor luck. And how is a 60% loss in your portfolio based on your decision to buy and sell ADMP management's fault? My guess is a lot of people on SA bought based on Joe Springer's PRO article recommendation, and I suspect they would buy again if he were to go positive on it again. Good general rule is to cap speculative plays like ADMP to 10% max of your portfolio.
    Aug 26 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Three directors booted at Adamis Pharma [View news story]
    The company recently had a significant private financing by a very reputable Michael Castor of SIO Capital. Perhaps he requested changes be made. The 3 booted BODs had been there many years and I don't recall any of them buying any stock in the open market. If the CEO and a few large shareholders have the votes to replace them come proxy time, not much they can do about it.
    Aug 26 12:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Three directors booted at Adamis Pharma [View news story]
    Like the move. CEO gave them the boot and the 3 new BODs have some great credentials. I bet they do some buying here.
    Aug 26 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ADMP And Its Cloud Of Uncertainty - Why It's Time To Buy [View instapost]
    Peter,

You're welcome, and thanks for your comment. Even as a penny stock they have never had trouble obtaining funding, and I don't expect them to start having trouble now, even at this level. Too much good stuff going on. I agree 100% that nothing has happened to justify a move from 6 to under 3, and at the current price ADMP is an incredibly favorable risk/reward long-term play, IMO.

I think their last call could have been handled better. It lacked a polished presentation, no Q&A, and no details on cash and expected expenses. Their IR cleared that up for me afterwards upon emailing them and I was satisified with their response. I wish they had addressed in the call. The $2.1M cash at end of June was no surprise to me as IR had outlined their cash burn and anticipated expenses - they were as expected. The shelf timing was poor IMO, but in hindsight how do you time a shelf registration? They are probably working with someone who advised them to do so.

I still believe ADMP is a long term winner.

Good luck to you.
    Aug 18 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Two Companies For The Price Of One [View article]
    toscane2,

Thanks for your comment. The ADMP drop since the shelf filing has certainly rattled investor confidence. I did not anticipate such a deep drop, but I am taking advantage of it. I added on Friday at 2.70. I believe this is the most undervalued the stock has been in the several years I have been following it, even more so than when I wrote my original article last November.

ADMP market cap is now under $30M - this for a stock that raised $25M+ in an over-alloted offering in December issuing no warrants to do so and uplisting to Nasdaq. Since the offering they have secured the purchase of a first class inhaler from 3M, paid off debts, and filed an NDA for their EPI PFS expected to bring revenues in 1H15. They have laid out their plan to get the APC-5000 Proof Of Concept (POC) trial started in 2H15 with the hopes of landing a partner either domestic or international. They plan to start APC-1000 Ph3 trials in 2H15 with a product that addresses a $3B market. Their plan to go the 505(b)(2) pathway for generics that address large markets is a wise one IMO.

Here are some of the investment highlights taken from their June 2014 Investor Presentation:
    -May 2014: submitted New Drug Application to the FDA for single dose pre-filled epinephrine syringe (NYSE:PFS)
    -Four product launches anticipated between 2015 and 2017 in allergy and respiratory markets
    -Revenues from the PFS expected 1H 2015
    -Begin Phase III studies in 2H 2014 for our BeclomethasoneHFA product (Asthma/COPD)
    -Acquired Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI)/ technology from 3M (develop Advair®-like product)
    -Compare Adamis’ Advair product with GSK’s Advair® in 2H 2014
    -Begin Phase III studies for our allergic rhinitis product in 2015
    -505(b)(2) submissions for all current specialty pharmaceutical products
    -Seek partnership opportunities

The presentation can be found here and I encourage you to review:

While their focus is on Specialty Pharma, their oncology portfolio of drugs is impressive and is basically being given no value right now, a free call option as CRT puts it.

The bashing management is taking here and other boards would make you think the company is going bankrupt, which is certainly not the case. The company will need to raise money and when they do the cloud of uncertainty will be cleared, IMO, and the stock will advance. I think Joe Springer's analysis still holds, despite him being less confident publicly on the stock. His SA PRO article on ADMP concluded as I did last Novemebr, that ADMP was worth 200-250M right now based on what they have.

Just as a few questionable management moves made everyone sour on the stock, a few positive moves here could get everyone wanting in - the story is a good one, IMO. ADMP is not a trade for me. I'm not looking for a quick pop. ADMP may take a few quarters, but once EPI gets approved and revenues start, bigger money will want in. I still believe investors in this company will be well rewarded for the next few years, especially at these levels.

I am long ADMP.

Good luck to you.
    Aug 18 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Adamis Pharmaceuticals Could Be A Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Since their EPI PFS had been a product previously, I think approval may come sooner as opposed to later within those 8 months. Pure speculation on my part.
    Jul 9 08:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Adamis Pharmaceuticals Could Be A Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Scam of the Year, really? There is no scam here. Adamis is a real company, with real products with real potential. Those claiming otherwise are shorts or longs looking to buy lower like that JoeNatural guy, who writes a pro-ADMP article touting the potential of the company then 2 months later is shorting it because a conference call didn't have a Q&A. The CEO has not sold any shares. The company has enough money for the APC5000 POC trial, enough to start the APC1000 Ph3 trial, and enough for operations for 2014. Partnerships may emerge, EPI may get approved sooner than expected IMO, and even if they do choose to raise $50M at $5/sh, that's about 80% dilution resulting in a company market cap of about $110M. Joe Springer and myself think they are worth twice that right now as-is with what they have.

Investors are now incredibly impatient. They want returns quickly. People who got in expecting a quick 100% return are now the ones bashing it. Nothing has changed. Adamis will require patience. I believe it will perform very well for those who hold long term. If you're on the fence, wait 6-9 months to see what transpires and you should have more information to help you make an investment decision.

I am long ADMP.
    Jul 8 08:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Two Companies For The Price Of One [View article]
    I'm not walking away, not with so many potential catalysts and low valuation. Fully diluted 12.4M shares puts them at $59M valuation currently. That's just too low IMO. I suggested 200-250M mkt cap for what they currently have and Joe Springer came to the same conclusion in his article.

With EPI NDA filed and expected revs in 2015, APC5000 generic advair proof of concept starting soon, and APC1000 ph3 starting in late 2014, I'm holding what I have and adding at sub-5 levels. Their cancer drugs are still being given zero valuation. "Free call option" is what CRT described the biotech side as and that's exactly what it is. Who knows, maybe they'll spin it off to raise capital.

The share registration scared people, but it is just a smart move by the company IMO. It allows them to sell shares to raise captal when and if they decide to. They have enough cash for 2014. Yes, this drop sucks, but the story remains intact and a good one IMO.
    Jun 25 03:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Still No Love After Uplisting To Nasdaq [View article]
    Joe - What were you expecting cash wise? No surprises that I'm aware of. $50M shelf gets them ready to sell at their price and the amount they want when and if they need to.

Congrats on your gains. I think the confusion you created was that your pro-ADMP article was written with a long term view not a trader's short term perspective. So, you can understand why people are scratching their heads wondering how a person who was so positive 2 months ago in an article he wrote could get so negative due the lack of a Q&A in a less than stellar call. What haven't they answered for you on the phone that could have been answered via a Q&A?

I'm a long term holder of ADMP. My article was written from that perspective. I believe the company will do well once APC5000 POC completes and EPI gets approval. I can wait for it.

Good luck to you.
    Jun 25 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, definitely buyer beware. I think SeekingAlpha is turning more and more into a platform to pump and manipulate, as opposed to inform and educate.
    Jun 19 09:12 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    While the call came across as a little rushed and unpolished, and a visiual presentation certainly would have helped, not having a Q&A is not uncommon. Your rush to judgement, calls for 3.50, and Yahoo board comments seemed a little overdone, especially considering the positive tone of your SA article published just 2 months ago highlighting how undervalued this stock is. What has really changed since then? A call with no Q&A?

Joe Springer covered financials in his article based on information from Adamis IR. Adamis IR has always provided all the capex and cost information that they legally can. That information has certainly been a huge factor in my decision to buy this stock and hold for the next few years. I still contend, as I did in my article last November, that this company is way undervalued, even more so now. They should be 200-250M market cap today, IMO, based on what they have. Time will tell.

Their 10K is due by the end of the month so updated financials will be available soon.
    Jun 19 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adamis Pharmaceuticals: Two Companies For The Price Of One [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I can only offer my opinion.

A major pharma may not have been interested with 3M wanting to maintain manufacturing control of the tape and giving up that piece of the profit. Surely, ADMP will not be dictating terms, and I suspect that is the type of relationship 3M desired. Much more control and better profits for 3M dealing with a small company like ADMP than with a big pharma company. I doubt 3M would have done this deal if they thought ADMP would fail. Seriously, what is $10M to 3M? Also, many major pharma's have their own inhalers that they have already spent major development dollars on.

So, that's my take on your question. I suggest you contact ADMP Investor Relations with any additional concerns you may have.

Thanks.
    Jun 3 10:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Adamis Pharmaceuticals Could Be A Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Adamis Submits New Drug Application to FDA for Its Epinephrine Pre-Filled Syringe
    May 29 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Adamis Pharmaceuticals Could Be A Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Robert Fabian did the same to me with my ADMP article. One of his comments was removed by SA for being abusive as it was a personal attack on me. That should tell you a lot about the guy.
    May 24 05:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Adamis Pharmaceuticals Could Be A Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Yes, I did my research on Dr. Carlo. The two lawsuits mentioned in the three year old article you linked have been resolved. Nothing shady about them.

As for his days at IMNR, settlements are quite common, even more so back then. I remember being part of many class action suits brought against companies by groups of lawyers looking for a piece of the pie. Dr. Carlo was never convicted of any wrong doing. If you have questions re: Dr. Carlo, I suggest you do some research of your own and call the company with your specific concerns.
    May 22 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment