Jason Carlamere

View Jason Carlamere's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Stocks Under $5 To Buy On The Dip With Notable Upside Potential [View article]
    Apr 8 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Gotta love an upgrade today on AMD based on videogame prospects.
    Mar 18 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    That was my take as well when I wrote my post. I felt that INTC missed the gaming train.
    Feb 26 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    I could not agree more with your assessment.
    Feb 25 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    Thank you for the article. You bring up some very interesting points. I actually wrote a completely opposite article as you where I make a bullish case for AMD. The article can be found here - http://seekingalpha.co....

I do have a question though, can you provide more detail and some supporting information as to why the profit margins are smaller for gaming consoles even though it's the same chip that's used in PCs ?
    Feb 25 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources: Will This Dog Ever Have Its Day? [View article]
    Great article -Thanks Douglas.

83% of the shares of XCO are owned by institutions. It's always good to see such a high number.

I do have a question though. Can you go through how you derived the $9 a share fair value.
    Feb 23 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    You are absolutely correct !! I will submit an edit to SA right now.

328 institutions own the stock which I mistakenly read to be 32B.
    The main point of the sentence is correct though 53.06% are held by institutions.
    Thank you for catching that.
    Feb 22 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    dividends are great but let's get back to profit first. :)
    Feb 22 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Hi ta152h,

I agree with buying the stock straight out. In my post, I mention that I am in favor of purchasing the stock since it is so low right now.

But honestly I also like the options trade. For the $250 that it will cost me for 100 shares of the stock, I can buy 5 contracts of the Jan 2014 calls. This gives me more 5 times the exposure to the stock. Best case scenario the stock moves significantly and I can exercise the option at the end of the year. Do you agree ?

Forgetting the recommended trade for a second, as that was not the whole point of the article. I am glad to see that you too are bullish on the stock.
    Feb 22 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Early-Bird Analysts Confused About BlackBerry 10 Sales [View article]
    Hi Vlad,

Great article, I agree with your assessment about going long BBRY at this point.

I wrote a bearish article on BBRY, RIMM back then that I think you will find interesting. Take a look and let me know what you think

Feb 22 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Agreed. The turn around has started. I look forward to seeing the progress of the company. Gotta stay long on this though
    Feb 22 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    This is a long term trade. If you get into this equity, patience is the key.
    Feb 22 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lockheed Fly High Or Crash And Burn? [View article]
    Hi Roger,

Thank you for your critique. I am open to all feedback, negative or positive. There bulls and bears on all equities. I appreciate your feedback but I disagree with your price target. LMT has not seen 93 since Jan 25th.

Again - thank you for your feedback. Stock disagreements is what makes the market.
    Feb 19 10:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lockheed Fly High Or Crash And Burn? [View article]
    Hello - Sure, no problem. A vertical put spread is a bearish trade where the trader buys the higher of the two strike prices and sell the lower of the two. For example - I mention the 85/82.50 vertical spread. This means that I bought the 85 put and sold the 82.50 put.

There are two benefit of this approach
    1 - A lower cost due to selling the 82.50
    2 - Downside protection because if the stock rises then the 82.50 will also rise.

As with any benefit usually comes a drawback. Using this approach caps my gains at the difference between the two strikes minus the cost associated. In this case 2.50 minus the .70 cents to open the position.

Your trade is using a cash secure put, which is a bullish trade. It is considered a bullish trade because you are willing to be assigned the shares anything below your 85 strike. That is a very popular trading strategy and one that I support to establish Long positions, but I do not support selling naked puts unless you are bullish on the stock and want to own it.

I am bearish LMT and think if you want to own it you can get it at the 82.50 range which could be sold for .60 cents at the time of this post.

Hope this cleared it up for you - good luck
    Feb 19 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Lockheed Fly High Or Crash And Burn? [View article]
    Thank you very much for your kind words and support.
    Feb 18 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment