Jason Carlamere

View Jason Carlamere's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Gotta love an upgrade today on AMD based on videogame prospects.
    Mar 18 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    That was my take as well when I wrote my post. I felt that INTC missed the gaming train.
    Feb 26 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    I could not agree more with your assessment.
    Feb 25 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neither PlayStation Nor Windows Tablet Will Turn Around AMD [View article]
    Thank you for the article. You bring up some very interesting points. I actually wrote a completely opposite article as you where I make a bullish case for AMD. The article can be found here - http://seekingalpha.co....

I do have a question though, can you provide more detail and some supporting information as to why the profit margins are smaller for gaming consoles even though it's the same chip that's used in PCs ?
    Feb 25 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    You are absolutely correct !! I will submit an edit to SA right now.

328 institutions own the stock which I mistakenly read to be 32B.
    The main point of the sentence is correct though 53.06% are held by institutions.
    Thank you for catching that.
    Feb 22 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    dividends are great but let's get back to profit first. :)
    Feb 22 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Hi ta152h,

I agree with buying the stock straight out. In my post, I mention that I am in favor of purchasing the stock since it is so low right now.

But honestly I also like the options trade. For the $250 that it will cost me for 100 shares of the stock, I can buy 5 contracts of the Jan 2014 calls. This gives me more 5 times the exposure to the stock. Best case scenario the stock moves significantly and I can exercise the option at the end of the year. Do you agree ?

Forgetting the recommended trade for a second, as that was not the whole point of the article. I am glad to see that you too are bullish on the stock.
    Feb 22 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Agreed. The turn around has started. I look forward to seeing the progress of the company. Gotta stay long on this though
    Feb 22 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Will Revitalize Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    This is a long term trade. If you get into this equity, patience is the key.
    Feb 22 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment