Jason Cimpl

View Jason Cimpl's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Panera Looks Stale [View article]
    I'm sure you were wise enough to read that my stop was $175.

The stock soared thanks to analyst upgrades ahead of the earnings. Banks were pimping the stock to bust stop losses on shorts - like me.

Fundamentals matter more over time than analysts. The stock is back in the range, and I don't see it moving much higher.

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts. They're heartwarming.
    Apr 26, 2013. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Drought Pushes Soft Commodities Through The Roof [View article]
    Thanks for the comment.
    The other confusing part is that I didn't write this article ... sa must have the feed incorrect
    Apr 22, 2013. 05:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Panera Looks Stale [View article]
    Got hit with another upgrade. That's trading. Less than 3% is hardly a huge loss. Learn some basic finance and refrain from commenting on surnames if you could, thank you.
    Apr 6, 2013. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ChartWatch: TIBCO's Slide Nothing To Worry About [View article]
    Agree completely. It's a great long-term investment to make too, although I'm a trader like you as well
    Mar 26, 2013. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ChartWatch: Sell This Bank [View article]
    I have no idea when I'll cover my position. Time doesn't matter, only trading price. I want to see a 2% pullback, minimum. Also, I own puts - not short.
    Mar 17, 2013. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Faces Sellers [View article]
    I'm looking for a quick pullback. This article makes no mention of my view of the stock for the long term. I have a hard time believing it will rally to new highs in the near future. A sharp pullback makes sense at this time. I haven't yet initiated this trade personally because there have been better trade ideas, although I'm considering a starter position (bearish) today.
    Mar 13, 2013. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google To $1,000 [View article]
    Depends on what kind of trader you are. Short term guys can buy the $808 breakout with a stop at Thursday's low. I'd expect Google to come below $800 - probably $770 at some point. So it's really about your risk tolerance level and how active you want to be on this trade.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google To $1,000 [View article]
    Both companies are great, and you're right it won't be a quick ride for Google.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google To $1,000 [View article]
    I said that I though Google offered more return. Never made predictions about Apple during those days other than to say they wouldn't last for too long.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trulia - A Housing Stock You Haven't Heard Of [View article]
    My guess is that it relates to Zillow tumbling. Trulia was a new issue and direct competitor, so Z had a large impact on TRLA shares.

Million dollar question, sir. That answer will come for us next week.
    Feb 5, 2013. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trulia - A Housing Stock You Haven't Heard Of [View article]
    Trulia is seeing wonderful traction in the subscription segment - revenue per subscriber increased 52% to $147. Also, and this seems basic, there isn't a huge institutional following with TRLA, especially compared to Z shares.
    Feb 5, 2013. 07:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trulia - A Housing Stock You Haven't Heard Of [View article]
    Much like AMZN, it's all about the sales with these guys. So long as sales are moving higher the stocks will get a free pass.

Also, EBITDA was positive in the latest quarter. Perhaps not a trend. But one may be in the making.

Trulia isn't about housing per say. Agents spent $24 billion in advertising last year - of that $12 billion is focused off line. Yet 89% of buyers use online resources to conduct research before buying their home. That disconnect will contract, suggesting that Z and TRLA benefit as more dollars come to a smaller pool.
    Feb 5, 2013. 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cameco: Time To Invest In This Hated Uranium Company [View article]
    Thank you for all the comments, although I must recognize that this article was written by my Wyatt Investments colleague Kevin McElroy ... not sure how it ended up here.
    Dec 14, 2012. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is $1,000 Next For Google? [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. I agree completely.
    Oct 5, 2012. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beatdown Wednesday: Why It Was Neither a Big Deal Nor a Surprise [View article]
    Yes, holding those higher lows from the July 1060 zone is quite important. Our trading service aims for 3-4 week holding period and my view is that if 1085 holds we can test 1130 another time and potentially move past. I don't view 1060 as an area that will jolt the bulls higher if support is found. It will get you a quick pop back to 1085, maybe higher, but nothing lasting
    Aug 13, 2010. 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment