Jason Napodano, CFA

View Jason Napodano, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Raising Price Target On Epirus Biopharma - The Biosimilar Revolution Has Started [View article]
    I sent you a message.
    Mar 25, 2015. 09:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InVivo adds another site to its Neuro-Spinal Scaffold study [View news story]
    This the 8th site opened. They have sites in:

Phoenix, AZ
    Tucson, AZ
    St. Louis, MO
    Charlotte, NC
    Portland, OR
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Milwaukee, WI
    and now this new site in Los Angeles, CA
    Mar 25, 2015. 05:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Own Cipher Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Not sure. I thought the Q4 was good. Might be because CNBC has been talking about a "Bio Bubble" for the past 2 weeks.
    Mar 25, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Introduction To Can-Fite Ahead Of Phase II Psoriasis Data Next Week [View article]
    Yep, you're right. I totally screwed that up.

SO... Market Cap is not $95 million as noted above, it's HALF that amount. I'll submit a correction to Seeking-Alpha.
    Mar 17, 2015. 09:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Basic share count as of December 31st is 21.76 million. So if the stock is $4.40 per share, that's a market cap of $96 million. Fully diluted number is roughly 31 million, so fully diluted cap is $136 million but would include extra cash from warrants / options.

I think 2.5x the current stock price is pretty self-explanatory with where I think the stock should be trading.

Best,
    Jason
    Mar 17, 2015. 08:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Successful Was The Neuralstem Phase II Trial? [View article]
    >>The disease was "virtually" stopped in some ALS patients, which never >>happens to ALS patients, no matter how many times you kiss them?

Tell that to Stephen Hawking, alive with ALS for 52 years.
    Mar 17, 2015. 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tonix Shares Looking Attractive As Clinical Programs Advance Forward [View article]
    I've raised my target from $10 to $14, the majority of which came from reducing my discount (risk) rate on the 3 clinical programs but also just getting a little more comfortable with the peak sales opportunities for these two drugs. Cash now makes up ~60% of the market cap. This stock is too cheap down here.

Jason
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Own Cipher Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    No, maybe because they were comfortable with the $50+ million in cash they have and didn't think they needed any more.
    Mar 2, 2015. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Own Cipher Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Check my blog. I just updated NTRP today.
    Mar 2, 2015. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Own Cipher Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Good question Upbeat. Cipher has $53M in cash at year end. They are generating a few million in cash each quarter. They spent (probably) $7-8 million on ozenoxacin and Astion in the Q1. So figure they will exit the Q1 with around $48M in cash. They said that ozenoxacin will cost around $1.5M in 2015 to get to NDA. I figure the Astion products will cost another $1-2M. If they decide to do a trial with any of them, perhaps more like $2-4M. These are not expensive drugs to develop. Topical derm trials are cheap and offer quick results. I don't see why with >$40M in cash on hand and still being cashflow positive even with up step-up in R&D that they would need to do an offering... but you never know!

Jason
    Feb 27, 2015. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Own Cipher Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    I don't know... maybe people don't like my article!

Jason
    Feb 27, 2015. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Vericel Shares Will Double In 2015 [View article]
    Claiming I'm blindly bullish on Aastrom or that I'm "paid to write bullish articles" by Aastrom is just plain wrong. It's a misrepresentation of the facts. After all, did Aastrom pay me to downgrade the stock in October 2012?

Yes, I made a very bad call on Aastrom in 2011 and 2012. I mistakenly thought that ixmyelocel-T for CLI would succeed. I was wrong, but made sure to tell investors that and got out of the call in October 2012.

I only recently started recommending it again (after 2 years of telling people to avoid it), and the primary reason is the CTRM commercial operations. I lay out the case above. If you don't agree, don't buy the stock! I have no gun to anyones head. I personally don't care if you think I'm a paid hack. I've been terribly wrong on Aastrom in the past. I've been terribly wrong on other names as well. However, I've been a professional stock analyst for 17 years. In 17 years I've been far more right than wrong. A basket approach to my recommendations would have earned +65% return in 2014 and +43% in 2013. That's why Zacks pays me.

I take a lot of abuse on Seeking-Alpha. I'd like to see anyone else do my job for 17 years without screwing up a call or two.

Good luck to all,
    Jason
    Feb 15, 2015. 02:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corbus Plans Multiple Clinical Trials With Resunab In Orphan Indications [View article]
    Broad scale "resolution of inflammation" should target all CF patients regardless of genotype. That's the company's hypothesis.

Jason
    Feb 12, 2015. 04:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy These 3 Biotechs To Corner The Parkinson's Disease Market [View article]
    18 months later >> 1 huge win with ACAD, 1 nice win with CYNAF, and 1 push with Addex.

Jason
    Feb 12, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expecting A Breakout Year For OxySure [View article]
    The run-up in November was due to an acquisition of a privately-held company called Estill Medical. Unfortunately, that deal fell through in December and the stock came back down. The issue keeping the shares down is cash. The company is always low on cash. I agree with jorjen above, the very low cash position and continued losses are hurting the stock. I would like to see them raise funds to support the growing operations. If you look at all the recent press releases you can see the company is doing what it can to sign up distribution partners and grow the revenues. But the stock is going to remain flatlined until people are confident in the financial situation.

Jason