Jason Napodano, CFA

View Jason Napodano, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:

• Biosimilar Market Ebbs And Flows Push Epirus Down To Attractive Valuation [View article]
    Agree - good post.
    Jason
    May 27, 2015. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ContraFect Initiates Human Studies With Potential Breakthrough New Antibiotic [View article]
    David Bautz has addressed this above.
    May 21, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's already in Phase 1. The trial is 24 patients. They will have data likely late this year or early next year. I'm not sure if they will need to do another P1 study before moving into P2, but I do not think it is "very aggressive" at all to expect that CF301 will be in P2 by the end of 2016. These trials move very quickly with endpoints usually measured in days, not weeks or months.

Jason
    May 19, 2015. 11:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    Burn!!
    May 19, 2015. 08:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Titan Prepares For Big Summer 2015 [View article]
    Firstly, there are a lot better drugs that addicts look to abuse than buprenorphine. The drugs gives a far lower high than most addicts look for. Secondly, the Probuphine rod is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate and buprenorphine. The buprenorphine cannot be easily extracted off the rod. The drug is designed to leach off over 6 months. You cannot crush or dissolve the rod to extract the drug. Finally, the FDA has already outlined the terms of the REMS associated with Probuphine and it is not restrictive. They granted it priority review. They already held an ADCOM to discuss the drug and the concerns were not around the abuse potential for the drug. The FDA wanted to see the Phase 3 designed above to get a better sense of the use in patients with lower Suboxone daily. use.
    May 17, 2015. 05:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    Oh I agree, but when someone makes a comment like, "I'm so smart I don't need to read what you wrote because I know all about this already..." it kind of makes me just ignore anything that person has to say. He obviously has enough time, as he's posted several comments. You can't just trust what people say in their profile or the comments section. He could be a brilliant neurosurgeon or some dude sitting at home in his underwear short 100 shares of stock. If he is a brilliant neurosurgeon then I would appreciate this view on the "pressure reduction" hypothesis that I've discussed with several other physicians, almost all who generally agree it is a major part of the protocol that could be responsible for the recoveries seen in J & J.

Jason
    May 15, 2015. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    Ok, well if you're not going to read what I think is going on then I'll just tell everyone to ignore your comment, because you're missing a big piece of the puzzle. Obviously there is nothing special about a PLGA-PLL cylinder. Its what they are doing with the cylinder and HOW it is being inserted into the spine that makes the difference. When you come down off your high-horse of "I've performed hundreds of these things..." and actually take the time to review the procedure, then feel free to share your thoughts.

Jason
    May 15, 2015. 01:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    Zap,
    I think you should view my hypothesis on "why / how" I think the NSS works here >> http://bit.ly/1FcRgLg. The company has never really stated this but it's what I've deduced by talking with some very smart people in this field. I think there is a lot more going on here than just tensile support.

Jason
    May 15, 2015. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    No clue.
    May 14, 2015. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    So at some point it makes sense for InVivo to file a new IDE and seek to treat patients in a new pilot study with NSS + Cells.

Before the FDA will allow them to do that, they need to prove the NSS is safe. Then they need to secure cells that the FDA has said are safe, like perhaps the ones made by STEM or CUR, although I think STEM and CUR are quite happy to go alone at this point.

So I think we are talking a few years before you see anything here. NVIV is still on step-1.
    May 14, 2015. 02:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explaining InVivo's Update [View article]
    Hi T-time,

Great question. I'll do my best to help you with an answer.
    So YES, InVivo will have to compare its data vs. some sort of historical average recovery rate for patients. And as you noted, things like age and location of injury play an important role in determining outcome.

Here are two references to help you better understand that the "historic" recover rate for SCI patients is:

Here is are quick facts from the NSCISC:

And here is the full report from the 2014 NSCISC database:

If it is helpful to investors, I will do an entire article talking about the "historic" or "expected" patient outcome based on someone 20-25 years old with an acute, complete, thoracic SCI.

Jason
    May 14, 2015. 02:52 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MediciNova's Deep Pipeline Is Meaningfully Undervalued [View article]
    Yeah, I tend to be wordy, but I'd rather overload the article with information this way you can find everything you're looking for right here instead of just coming out with a 4-5 paragraph pump job. We did about a month of analysis on MNOV before we published this article.

Read it tonight in bed, it will help you sleep!

Jason
    May 6, 2015. 04:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cipher Focused On Becoming A Leading North American Dermatology Pharma [View article]
    Another deal for Cipher!!

Jason
    May 6, 2015. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Full Analysis Of P2/3 Psoriasis Data Boosts Can-Fite Shares [View article]
    I think CANF is a very cheap stock, but visibility is important too. I think with more visibility on CF101 in both RA and Ps and moving CF102 forward in HCC could easily double or triple the value.
    May 1, 2015. 09:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Raising Price Target On Epirus Biopharma - The Biosimilar Revolution Has Started [View article]
    I think a lot of stuff is down big over the past week. I think fundamentally EPRS business is attractive, but I'd consider it a long-term hold. They are trying to build a global biosimilar business. That's going to take a few years to roll out. There may be bumps along the way. Ultimately, if they can launch BOW015 and complete the EU P3 study then I think they are a target to get acquired by someone who wants to buy, not build, a biosimilar operation.
    May 1, 2015. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment