Jason Napodano, CFA

View Jason Napodano, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Second Quarter Results Confirm Why We Like Aastrom [View article]

Phase 2 DCM data published >> http://bit.ly/1ohP0qi

Treatment With Aastrom's Ixmyelocel-T Shown to Reduce Incidence of Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Ischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy
    Aug 22 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Immune Pharma: A Top-Pick Based On Pipeline And Valuation [View article]
    Immune Pharma will begin trading on the NASDAQ effective August 21st!!

Great news!!
    Aug 19 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Depomed Shares Offer 50% Upside Over The Next Six Months [View article]
    DEPO won it's patent litigation vs. Actavis!

Great news!!
    Aug 19 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Notes From One-On-One Meetings During San Fran Biotech Week - Day 1 [View article]
    Never
    Aug 19 08:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    On vacation. I'll touch base with GC when I'm back next week.
    Aug 19 08:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    Fall 200% huh? Your math skills = not so good.
    Aug 18 08:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cause they issued a boat load of new shares. It's an ugly situation. Very bad call on my part.
    Aug 18 04:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DARA Q2 Shows Good Progress, Signs Of Upside [View article]
    Ha... yeah.
    Aug 16 07:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Depomed Shares Offer 50% Upside Over The Next Six Months [View article]
    Yes, I think so.
    Aug 15 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DARA Q2 Shows Good Progress, Signs Of Upside [View article]
    Management has always said that the side-effect profile was due to excipients in the formulation that had nothing to do with the activity of the drug. So they spent considerable time removing / reformulating. However, the drug has not been back in human studies since they did that so it remains to be seen if the excipients were the reason for the poor tolerability - which I believe was mostly GI stuff that has been known to result from use of the specific excipient they removed.

Jason
    Aug 15 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DARA Q2 Shows Good Progress, Signs Of Upside [View article]
    Yes, 2010 I think. The past 4 years have been deciding weather or not to push forward with development. I would have said scrap it prior to 2 Orphan Drug designations, but now that they have those there is probably some sort of path forward worth pursuing. I want DARA to focus on it's commercial business. I do not want to see them start doing R&D again. That's a pathway for increased burn and shareholder turnover. What would be ideal is if they can out-license KRN5500 for some sort of decent cash upfront - say $15 million, and then sit back and let some other specialty pharma name spend money trying to develop and commercialize the drug. I think that would be a win-win for DARA. They can someone with real R&D and clinical development experience and they get cash to push their commercial pipeline forward.

Jason
    Aug 14 09:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    From the CEO: http://bit.ly/1mCj5B6
    Aug 11 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    Fitzdad,

I have an undergraduate B.S. degree in Biochemistry and B.A. in Chemistry (as well as a minor in mathematics) from Virginia Tech. While at Virginia Tech, I spent 2 years working in a lab doing cancer research. I then spent a year working in the Fralin Biotechnology Center characterizing C. difficile and CDI / CDAD. I then went to work for a private biotechnology company where I spent 2 more years working as a bench scientist attempting to develop a vaccine for E. histolytica. You can see that I am published in Infection and Immunity (Dodson, 1999) here: http://1.usa.gov/1q0HMs2

Besides my background in science, I have two associate analysts that work with me. One is full-time and has earned a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. The other is a consultant and has earned his PhD in Organic Chemistry from UCLA.

So... you were saying???
    Aug 8 08:51 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    There's true "over-promising / under-delivering" by management and then there's "expectations getting out of like with reality" by investors. Perhaps investors expectations on LymPro got out of line with reality. I do think AMBS is executing well. This is not GILD, BIIB, or CELG people. It's a stock that was less than $0.01 24 months ago and had virtually nothing to talk about. Now it is a legitimate story, albeit still early-stage and with risk. However, beyond GC there is a real and impressive SR management team now. AMBS has positive fundamental change emerging in my opinion. Anyone who has read my previous biotech articles knows I like to play fundamental change. I don't care if the start is from a 2 to a 3 or from an 8 to a 9. When I see positive fundamental change I know the stock price is going up.

Jason
    Aug 8 07:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Still Optimistic On LymPro And Amarantus Bio [View article]
    The numbers you state are in THOUSANDS, so the licensing payment to PGI was $100,000, not $100. Total consideration to PGI is $4.0 million, not $4,000. I know that still doesn't impress you, but nothing ever does. You exist only to criticize. What you left out is that PGI also gets 8% royalty on an sales of eltoprazine, should it ever generate any. Amarantus is also paying PGI for contract R&D work of $150,000 per year. The reason they got the drug so cheap is that the guy that developed eltoprazine at PGI now works for Amarantus, so the asset followed him. PGI is a CRO, so they weren't going to develop the drug anyway. The drug ran into problems in animal studies but Amarantus (and the guy that developed it at PGI) believe they can fix the issue. Again, that's why they got it so cheap.

I think if you bought 10 million shares at 10c you would be very happy in a few months. I think the stock is cheap. I don't care if it's 10c, $1, or $50. Return is return. But let's not kid ourselves, 10M shares at 10c is $1 million and we all know Mr. BearCrusher doesn't have that kind of money.
    Aug 7 08:34 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment