Jason Napodano, CFA

View Jason Napodano, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:

• November Options Are Low Risk Way To Play Neurocrine Biosciences' Pending Catalysts [View article]
    There is about a $1.50 premium between the October and November option plays. If the data does come out before October 16th, which seems unlikely considering dosing will not complete until September 24th, you would need to hope that you could sell your November calls at > $1.50 per share more than what it would cost to close-out your October short position. October postion would have zero premium given how close it might be to expiration, so you'd have to hope that November still had a decent premium to them for the remaining month. The September even-money calls still have about $2 of premium in them to give you a good reference. Obviously the stock is up big since I first wrote this piece. It was only $41 when I first submitted to my SA Premium page. It's now nearly $47, so none of the math in the article above still works.
    Aug 28, 2015. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Think InVivo Shares Are Worth A Double [View article]
    That's a pretty small insider buy. I don't think it changes my views at all.
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This article was published to my SA Premium page on Tuesday. The prices were accurate at the time it was first published. Obviously the stock has jumped since Tuesday, so the options prices are also up. You can try to recreate the same economics by moving up in strike prices or waiting for the inevitable market pullback!
    Aug 27, 2015. 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    The reason the stock dropped was the manufacturing issue and delay in the NDA filing. I'm glad to see them partner with BASF on the API.
    Aug 26, 2015. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    The reason I did not like Athersys is because of the IV administration. Yes, safer than intrathecal or direct injection into the cord, but essentially useless as a therapeutic. I think I saw that they are now giving direct injections into the heart (localized delivery). I think this has the potential to be far more effective, but I haven't really dug into the story in over six months.
    Aug 26, 2015. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    NUOT has major problems. I'm baffled by how they let the cash position get so low. They should have been out raising money six months ago! I do not know if they survive or not, so I definitely would not add to a position.
    Aug 26, 2015. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    Have not looked at SYN, sorry.
    Aug 26, 2015. 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ADMA, not AMDA.
    Aug 25, 2015. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    LOL - Touche'
    Aug 25, 2015. 08:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    I think GC is thinking LymPro costing more like $1500 per test.
    Aug 25, 2015. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    I like the individual products that Gerald has put together at AMBS, but as a whole company it is clearly not working.

I like eltoprazine, if it works it is worth $100 million post P2.
    I like ESS, if it works it is worth $50 million and I have high confidence that it works.
    I like MANF; but it is too early-stage to get terribly excited about at this stage.
    I do not like LymPro or MSPrecise. I think AMDX needs to be sold / spun-out or whatever. I think it's a drag on the therapeutic division.

So the individual components of AMBS (the therapeutic side) are attractive, but the company does not have enough money to fund everything and the dilution is killing the story. I think Gerald may be brilliant, but I think he dug a hole too big to fill over the near-term. I think the rush to uplist was premature because they do not qualify as far as I can tell and the longer he keeps missing deadlines the angrier the shareholder base gets. I think people were happier when the stock was 6 cents because there was promise of bigger and better things. The uplist has clearly stalled and timelines have been pushed out. I don't know where they find the cash to move everything forward, and that's the issue overhanging the stock right now.
    Aug 24, 2015. 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    I'd avoid ONVO like the plague. I think their business model is interesting but they have yet to prove they can do anything other than dilute shareholders and pay themselves a ton of money. I told people to sell at $10 per share because it was heading back below $3 and I got crucified on this forum. I've thought that for years:

Aug 24, 2015. 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    Where's the fun in that????
    Aug 24, 2015. 12:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    I am looking to buy ADMA. Accidently left it off the disclaimer list. Sorry. I only have so much money though, so being conservative with the cash I have. I think ADMA runs into the PDUFA next year.
    Aug 24, 2015. 12:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Buy Based On The Biotech Pullback [View article]
    I'd lump that in with "Charisma".
    Aug 24, 2015. 11:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment