Jason Schwarz

View Jason Schwarz's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Artificial Life: Nothing Fake About This Software Company [View article]
    I love this company! Great article. The is a space any innovative tech investor should be in.
    May 19 01:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Acquisition Mania: Google Rebuffed, Is Apple Trying Now? [View article]
    Completely disagree with LA tech. Twitter is an incredible news platform; especially on the go. I'd much rather check Twitter on my iPhone then surf through 10 different news sites. It continues the evolution towards personalized news and I think it would be a perfect fit for Apple. Great price. Great innovation.
    May 5 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar Revives Hope for Alternative Energy [View article]
    Outstanding recap. Goes nicely with Charlie Munger's comment over the weekend regarding the future of solar. The improving margins allow this technology to become a game changer.
    May 4 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Media Tablet Will Cause the Stock to Rocket [View article]
    I am most intrigued by RK's comment on the commoditization of computers due to the continued development of cloud computing. The Media Tablet could really explode if PC memory and size become less of a necessity. The Media Tablet could eventually become the ultimate access point to the cloud. Interesting thought.
    Apr 29 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Obama's TARP 2 Signals an End to Mark to Market [View article]
    Mark to market has turned the investment world into a group of fearful day traders. The health of our financial system should never be tied so closely to short term real estate fluctuations. Marking long term securities at short term valuations makes no sense at all. We need to provide our great banks like Bank of America, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, etc... with a better system to be able to weather future real estate corrections. Returning to a system that values the long term over the short term is severely needed. This post-Enron experiment has gone terribly wrong and I am continually shocked that the masses don't see it.
    Jan 14 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Extraordinarily bearish consensus estimates have set Apple (AAPL) up to beat revenue expectations by $900M each quarter in 2009, AppleInsider says. More here.  [View news story]
    Amazing analysis by Andy. You want to be loading up on Apple!
    Nov 13 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google: 3Q Results Reveal Chinks in the Armor [View article]
    The problem with Google lately is that none of their new products have made any major revenue splashes. The company is starting to remind me of Microsoft. They better hope the G1 phone takes off because they could use some positive perception.
    Oct 17 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sub-$300 Laptops: Where the Action Will Be [View article]
    For so many buyers, price is the only thing that matters. Asus has just started a new round of margin destruction for all the low cost hardware makers. It's a very tough business model to compete with.
    Oct 17 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Now a Market Timer? [View article]
    I see a lot of similarities between what Schwarz is saying and what Warren Buffett is saying. Schwarz has shown commendable poise through this whole crisis. He was the only one down on oil when it was in the 140's and now he has the balls to call Cramer out on a horrible market call. I'm so tired of all the hyped up panic. This is a great time to build long term positions...the financial crisis is over and Obama's going to bring some new optimism to the US. Cramer's call will be viewed as the ultimate bottom trap. He should just admit that he panicked and move on. Come on Cramer!
    Oct 17 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iPhone Can Replace Laptops for Majority of Computer Users [View article]
    Thanks for the comments, this article is preparatory for my next article on China. KenC is right on the money! BTW-I know that my grammar is not the greatest, sorry to those who can't stand mistakes, I'll do my best to make corrections in the future. Also-I totally agree that the iPhone won't replace all laptop use but according to my informal surveys (which were too informal to include in the article) 80% of iPhone users are leaving their laptops at home. A large percentage of laptop users simply want to stay connected to the flow of info on the web-the 'real' Internet of mobile Safari allows them to do so. It's the first of its kind and I believe it to be the best feature of iPhone 1.0.
    Jul 8 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OPEC Signals U.S. Rally [View article]
    To all you oil bulls, I'm sorry to say the run is nearing an end. Schwarz is right on the money. The high price has hurt demand, the smart money is selling out of commodities and into tech. In a few months when oil is back in the $70's you'll all be saying, where's the world wide demand? The fact is, you've been duped by the oil guys who have used the supply/demand problem as a rational excuse for high prices. Oil speculators have played this game perfectly, just listen to Khelil's statement. There is no supply problem!
    Apr 29 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Athletica Discovers the Benefits of Staying Focused [View article]
    Thanks for the research, I'm always looking for early expansion retail plays. I was in LULU last year but sold out after the initial run. I'm thinking about getting back in. I'd be interested in any more info you have on this new management team.
    Apr 21 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment