Javier Arguello

View Javier Arguello's Comments BY TICKER:

• JetBlue's Headwind: Safety, Liquidity, And Intelligent Fleet Management [View article]
    The stock is up 32% since its January 15th publication.
    Jun 16, 2015. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Oracle Of Bogota: Why I'm Bullish On Grupo Aval [View article]
    Hi Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion on Grupo Aval. I will certainly continue my analysis on Grupo Aval. This was a beginning piece to get viewers to look at the company on a first glance basis. I plan on following up with a valuation piece via sum of the parts to finish out this beginning introduction to Grupo Aval.

Thanks again,
    Javier
    Mar 14, 2015. 05:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Oracle Of Bogota: Why I'm Bullish On Grupo Aval [View article]
    Hi Karl,

Purchase entry point is at the reader's discretion in this case. I am simply pointing out a fundamentally sound business with future prospect and little coverage. It's pretty clear if you look at a chart of the stock price that the value is recently depressed. But again, for the sake of this analysis, with regards to a preferred price point, to each his own.
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The stock is up 16% since this article was published on Jan 15
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for making this point. I looked up the pilot definition of both headwind and tailwind and decided to use headwind because of the exact point you just made.
    Jan 16, 2015. 05:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Please see reply to comment above.

Thank you.
    Jan 16, 2015. 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    While it may seem intuitive that a tailwind would help, just as User 34139195 denotes below, a headwind stabilizes a flight (not always, but for the most part). While it does slow the plane down, less turbulence and a steady speed is optimal. A tailwind can cause heavy turbulence, and would have been more appropriate if I though the airline was recklessly trying to grow.
    Jan 16, 2015. 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Diamond Foods Buyout [View article]
    Another restatement...hmmmmm, shares are getting destroyed
    Nov 18, 2012. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Questions For David Einhorn [View article]
    SGissal,

I could not have said it better myself. If anything, David Einhorn has done an excellent job at highlighting the dangers of companies who have made their name as Wall Street sweethearts through pure accounting sham and at the expense of their shareholders. If Einhorn does not ask these questions, then who will? Last I checked, the reason people get burned in the markets is because of a lack of valid questions such as the ones that Einhorn posed.

I have been short on all of Einhorn's calls after he called Lehman for what really happened. It's not hard, after a bit of due diligence, to see that the man makes a valid point from a value investors view on how far accounting wizardry can help shareholders.
    May 3, 2012. 01:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Diamond Foods Buyout [View article]
    I think the only redeeming quality of this investment thesis is a potential fire sale in the case of bankruptcy or an acquisition by one of the big brands.
    May 2, 2012. 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Diamond Foods Buyout [View article]
    Also, doesn't a note that is worth ~130% of the market capitalization due next year concern you?
    May 2, 2012. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Diamond Foods Buyout [View article]
    What is the EBITDA of their nut business?
    May 2, 2012. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment